• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meltan is probably the only thing we'll have for awhile now, and it's not looking to even technically be a Gen 8 pokemon. =/ Welp, who wants to volunteer to scrounge through 4chan for something fake to dissect? We're gonna need a lot of entertaining.
Just checked /vp/ and there’s nothing.

You know it’s a dry rumor season when not even 4chan is playing along xD

Damnit, looks like we're going to have to write our own leaks, guys. D=
My uncle’s cousin’s neighbor who works for Nintendo just gave me these juicy deets for gen 8:

-There will be a region based on a country somewhere in the world
-there will be at least 10 new Pokemon
-there will be a villainous team
-there will be two versions
-ALL regions!!!
-Tradition vs innovation as a theme

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter!

Last edited:
My uncle’s cousin’s neighbor who works for Nintendo just gave me these juicy deets for gen 8:

-there will a villainous theme
-ALL regions!!!
Oop- points off for "all regions," it must be fake. 100% fake. Can't trust this one. =P

-there will a villainous theme
-ALL regions!!!

Don’t forget to follow me on Twitter!
With Ultra Hyper Evolution!! :p

Could also talk about our Gen 8 wants some more, I guess- I'm kind of on a horse kick after drawing a zebstrika yesterday, so I'm really hoping that they give us another horse line in Gen 8. Preferably not fire. Water or ghost, maybe? There's a lot of horse myths to pull from.
Well there's still that chance of the horse fire starter

Could also talk about our Gen 8 wants some more, I guess- I'm kind of on a horse kick after drawing a zebstrika yesterday, so I'm really hoping that they give us another horse line in Gen 8. Preferably not fire. Water or ghost, maybe? There's a lot of horse myths to pull from.
Ghost could sound interesting. I suppose the Water one is based on the kelpie, right?

Well there's still that chance of the horse fire starter
Nooooo- not fire! Not fire! I want a different type of horsie. D=

Ghost could sound interesting. I suppose the Water one is based on the kelpie, right?
Kelpie, yes! <3 Or a hippocampus, but I'd prefer a kelpie. Though I suppose a kelpie evolving into a hippocamp could be neat too.

I’d like a steel type Pokemon based on a knight horse, personally.

Last edited:
I personally want a Minotaur Pokemon, it being a lesser legendary could work out, heck, you could encounter it when you're looking for a legendary artifact. It would make a lot of sense for it to be a Fighting-type, maybe add in Dark to emphasize its brutal and aggressive nature.

All aboard the Spain Train! \o/ Choo choo.
Okay but if they do Spain I have one request, it is that they take everything great about Pokémon…Plus Ultra…provided they get the reference.
Damnit, looks like we're going to have to write our own leaks, guys. D=
My (non-existant) sources tell me:
  • The games will be set somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere
  • There will be a Grass-Fire-Water Starter Trio
  • There will be 2 Versions, at least initially
  • There will be a Pokémon that is at least primarily Normal-Type, it will likely be the Gen VIII 'Gimmick' Pokémon, and evolves into a different form (of the one Pokémon akin to Lycanroc) depending on if the Switch is in Docked or Portable Mode, it may be a form change but my sources were doubtful of this as they claim there was some internal discussion between Game Freak staff and the staff supposedly decided that a Form Change would be more inconvenient that a permenant evolution, but my sources still said we'll all have to wait and see.
Remember to follow my Twitter Account, Friend my MySpace and Like and Share my latest Video; all of which, like my Sources, do not exist.

Listen, you don't want to believe posts on Bulbagarden from users whose identity you don't know-instead, listen to me, a person posting on the exact same site with the exact same amount of credibility as they have. I don't work on the game at all, but somehow, I can personally guarantee the following details:
  • Region will be based on a real-world location that hasn't been used for previous games. Game Freak thought Kanto was enough to compare graphics from previous games and wants to focus on building a new region with the Switch's more powerful engine. (Doesn't that description of their thought process make this seem more believable?)
  • Some old things are returning, and some new things are being added.
  • At least one of the starters is dual-type in its final form. Somehow I know this without knowing which starter it applies to, as if statements vague enough to apply to multiple Pokemon are how Game Freak comes up with designs.
  • Every single fan concept is now canon. Mewthree? Yes. PokeGods? Yes. Light, Sound, and Nuclear types? Yes. Game Freak decided that they just didn't want to make their own ideas anymore!
  • There will be an object-based Pokemon that some fans will like while others will find boring and uninspired.
  • There will be a Pokemon popular in memes.
Remember to check back when the games are announced and see how right I was! (Don't worry if some of it was wrong-sometimes leakers put in fake information so they don't get caught, even when their post is full of real information!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom