• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Plus/Minus was absolutely fake, it seemed more like scrapped concepts which were adopted into Generation 7 with modification, and we might get some modified forms of those concepts later.
...Where? The only thing I'm seeing that's anywhere close to Gen 7 is the region having islands, and every other detail listed about the region is totally different from Alola.

...Where? The only thing I'm seeing that's anywhere close to Gen 7 is the region having islands, and every other detail listed about the region is totally different from Alola.

The main detail which made me suspect it as real (or atleast considered as a concept) was its prediction of the Switch console.

Though a few details are wrong the Legendaries sound a bit similar to Solgaleo and Lunala.
[quote ]The main legendary for Pokemon Plus is a Shi Foo Lion-looking Psychic/Ground-type that has multiple faces, the Pokemon Minus legendary is a Ghost/Fairy type that has two dashes for eyes and is a hurricane-like appendages with many arms and hands.[/quote]
They get part of Solgaleo and Lunala's types right, and describing Lunala's wings as 'hurricane-like' is not a huge stretch.

It’s focus on 'holy pilgrimage' seems like a concept which could be easily altered into trials.

The main detail which made me suspect it as real (or atleast considered as a concept) was its prediction of the Switch console.
People were already imagining a hybrid console from Nintendo in 2014. Iwata Addresses Possibility of Single Nintendo Hybrid Console: "The Number of Form Factors Might Increase" - GameRevolution And Geno also had a slew of details about the Switch that all proved to be wrong. Rumor: New Information on Next-Gen "Nintendo NX" Console - Dual Pixels It's not insider info, it's a lucky guess.
Though a few details are wrong the Legendaries sound a bit similar to Solgaleo and Lunala.
[quote ]The main legendary for Pokemon Plus is a Shi Foo Lion-looking Psychic/Ground-type that has multiple faces, the Pokemon Minus legendary is a Ghost/Fairy type that has two dashes for eyes and is a hurricane-like appendages with many arms and hands.
They get part of Solgaleo and Lunala's types right, and describing Lunala's wings as 'hurricane-like' is not a huge stretch.[/QUOTE]
Getting part of Solgaleo's typing right is hardly surprising when Psychic is so common with legendaries.

Even if calling Lunala "hurricane-like" isn't totally incorrect, it's still pretty inaccurate, given how clearly Lunala's wings are made to resemble the moon. And having two dashes for eyes and many arms and hands are clearly absent from its final design-why stretch his description to try to fit it?

And the inspirations for Pokemon are the starting point for designs-they don't just start with a design and then see what themes they can connect it to when they're done. So how did Game Freak create Pokemon to symbolize "old tradition vs new exploration" and strip them down to half of their type and a shape and turn them into entirely different Pokemon?
It’s focus on 'holy pilgrimage' seems like a concept which could be easily altered into trials.
The holy pilgrimage was the plan from the evil team to capture Pokemon and call back the legendaries to stop the trend of trainers with multiple Pokemon. That must have gone through some serious revisions to turn into "people with multiple Pokemon take on puzzles and battles without capturing the wild Pokemon, and typically don't encounter legendaries on their journey".

Plus & Minus is fake. Wording in the leak implies that they would be the games to follow up XY, when that was not the case.

Have you read what I said before? I mentioned it’s ridiculous at this stage to expect Plus/Minus as we know it from the 'leak'.
Concepts are made and scrapped all the time and I just think it was one of them.
And that’s something which cannot be confirmed/declared fake till possibly the author of the leak admits so, which is impossible.

So basically, Plus and Minun will forever remain undetermined. Calling it a "full-fledged leak" is misleading.

Last edited:
Have you read what I said before? I mentioned it’s ridiculous at this stage to expect Plus/Minus as we know it from the 'leak'.
Concepts are made and scrapped all the time and I just think it was one of them.
And that’s something which cannot be confirmed/declared fake till possibly the author of the leak admits so, which is impossible.
It comes from a leaker named "Geno", who gets most of his claims wrong. He had a slew of fake info about the Switch, including the following:

1. It has a wireless HDMI dongle that attaches flush to the back of the device. A user can pull it out and insert it into any display with a normal sized HDMI output and the devices uses an evolved version of the Wii U’s streaming tech to display in HD to the TV screen.
  2. Allegedly the analog controls for movement has small motors in them for full haptic feedback. Meaning if you control a character and hit a wall, the sticks move away from the direction of that wall to simulate running head first into it. This can also be used for jerking when firing a gun, taking damage, moving over rough terrain, ect.
  3. It can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device.
  4. The closest in terms of “power” it gets to is the Xbox One, but an app idea is Wii U x50 and Playstation Vita x100. The key is that all the tech is exactly the same hardware layout as the PS4 and Xbox One which then combine it with the OS’s strong emulation functions and compiler means that any game that can run of a Playstation 4 or Xbox One can easily run on the NX with near-zero modification to the original source code, especially if it runs in Android OS or Unreal Engine 4. This is allegedly why Nintendo has given out the dev kits so late, as one 3rd Party dev put it “It’s the easiest device we’ve ever developed for. You just take your code, compile it and it works.”
  5. Look to Pokemon GO to get the idea of the type of social features that will be in NX that will take multiplayer, AR and the StreetPass concept to a whole new level.
    The real strengths of the device is its usability and ease of use. Developers have described to me more than once that it visually and functionally looks as if “Samsung and the Nintendo 2DS” had a baby, in that it looks friendly but unlike what most people visualize a Nintendo device to typically look. The operating system, named NintendOS alone is very powerful and has so many modern features of mobile operating systems today that Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android. It also has a very strong networking functions as it ties into multiple devices and services allowing a very competent and pervasive eco-system designed to constantly involve the consumer’s lives.

They conceived a new battle system, a new region, three starter lines, two cover legendaries, multiple new forms of gameplay, the villainous team, at least four gyms, and an in-game location for Pokemon Bank...and scrapped it all entirely? And they had the time to this while working on the other games that came after XY?

If we take the "it could be a concept, so we don't know it's fake" approach, then no leak could be considered fake, because they would all have the possibility of being a scrapped concept, even if the leak promised a trailer on a specific date that never aired. But we know that not every leak can be true, because there's no way that Game Freak could be creating and scrapping all these games at the same time. Maybe there's some supposed leaks we can take this approach with, but giving it to a four years old leak with nothing to show from a user with a history of lying just doesn't make sense.

I was not aware of the leak's author having a history of lying. That brings things in a different light imo, and shifts me to the 'fake' territory.
I was probably swayed by eager people trying to look into the details, and the buzz around it which Piuk's leak rekindled at one point.

I am not referring to Plus/ Minus are real,but I am saying we will getting angels that will play out similar to Digimon season 1 with "the savior thing" that similar to the chosen in Plus/Minus rumors,because we already have Ultra Beasts and I think it does make "holy" sense with the Book of Revelation with the angels and demons.

Here's the Links:

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045728731355140098

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045743313683394560

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045751569034227712

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045766458926600193

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045785963505602563

He says he still think gen 8 is going to set middle-east Asia (Please don't call Edurado an idiot) and gen 9 could be in U.K.,but I think gen 8 is set in the U.S. because the pattern thing. Because gen 5 set in the New York in U.S. and we went back to U.S because of Hawaii. I believe we are going to go back to U.K. again in gen 8,because we always went to U.K. with Paris.

Sorry about the late reply.

I am not referring to Plus/ Minus are real,but I am saying we will getting angels that will play out similar to Digimon season 1 with "the savior thing" that similar to the chosen in Plus/Minus rumors,because we already have Ultra Beasts and I think it does make "holy" sense with the Book of Revelation with the angels and demons.

Here's the Links:

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045728731355140098

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045743313683394560

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045751569034227712

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045766458926600193

View: https://twitter.com/Nintendokusou/status/1045785963505602563

He says he still think gen 8 is going to set middle-east Asia (Please don't call Edurado an idiot) and gen 9 could be in U.K.,but I think gen 8 is set in the U.S. because the pattern thing. Because gen 5 set in the New York in U.S. and we went back to U.S because of Hawaii. I believe we are going to go back to U.K. again in gen 8,because we always went to U.K. with Paris.

Sorry about the late reply.

6db.jpg

Theory: GF divided the game in two: one is LGPE and the other is Pokemon 2019.
>GameFreak were one of the first development studios inside Nintendo to receive Alpha-Prototype hardware, now have been upgraded to the Beta-Prototype hardware above. GF said Pokemon 2019 is in development since before Switch was announced so they had a devkit.

>Have a few areas marked out, TONS of concept art traveling between Pokemon Company and Nintendo Co Ltd.

>GameFreak plans to completely overhaul the basic systems of battle, simplifying the process. GF did this with LGPE.

>The development team is “going to put a lot of ideas they have wanted to do for years in this game”. Maybe they meant the new LGPE features (pokemon in the overworld, no wild battles, following pokemon...)

>Two versions already have code names, possibly final: Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus.

>Theme is “Old Tradition VS New Exploration” LGPE is "New Exploration" and Pokemon 2019 is "Old Tradition"

>New region, no name yet, is based on South East Asia with one large peninsula and many smaller islands. It might be Pokemon 2019's region.

>Three new starters with no names: Water evolves into Water/Steel and is a squat, teardrop shaped humanoid that has a jar filled with on its head as it evolves it grows taller and the jar bigger until it needs another set of arms to hold it on it’s head. Fire evolves into Fire/Fairy and is a tiny cute goat with fire blowing out of its horns, it’s horns and look evolves more menacing until it has curly ram like horns and a motorcycle hot-rod-like look. Grass evolves into a Grass/Electric and starts with a leap for a face with a nubby root as a body and evolves until it grows into an electric producing palm tree with each flower petal having a different face. Pokemon 2019 starters.

>The main legendary for Pokemon Plus is a Shi Foo Lion-looking Psychic/Ground-type that has multiple faces, the Pokemon Minus legendary is a Ghost/Fairy type that has two dashes for eyes and is a hurricane-like appendages with many arms and hands. Pokemon 2019 legendaries.

>More traditional Pokemon-like gameplay will be on the Handheld controller while an all new gameplay aspect will be on the Terminal unit. GF said LGPE (New gameplay aspect) is mainly Home Console focused (Terminal unit) while Pokemon 2019 (Traditional Pokemon gameplay) will be Handheld focused.

>The “Pokken Fighers” render that was teased was running on Alpha kits, Beta kits now have advance cell shading. Going for very detailed “living anime” look. "Town" has an anime look. (it's probably be the same engine Pokemon 2019 uses)

>The new “Team” villains are described as a bunch of “Sohei Zelots”-types who have discovered the player’s best friend as a reincarnation of a special type of person who only is alive every 100 years. They believe the old system where people were given a Pokemon egg and they stick to that Pokemon until they die and who’s function in society dictate what role that person is. They are against the “modern” trend of Pokemon Trainers and capturing multiple Pokemon and are making a holy pilgrimage to evoke the old Legendaries to turn everything back to normal. They keep the player away from their friend, saying the special one (who can do amazing things like mega evolve Pokemon without the use of a mega ring) only love is that of Pokemon and not people. It is planned to be reveal later that for the special one to fulfill their role in society they must be mortally sacrificed to awaken the legendaries. It seems a complex plot for an high budget game.

>Routes connection the island together are water bridges but clumps of island are connected together by underwater tunnels.

>There is a “Stone Slowking” statue that is a parody of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, Thailand.

>Many Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh will make a return.

>Variety of Pokemon Gyms, one is a mail system that only uses flying types and focuses on sky battles. One only uses baby Pokemon, one is implied to be a real vampire and uses Ghost and Dark Pokemon. There is also a military like leader who uses Fire and Steel Pokemon.

>The island gameplay with Gym Leaders and the Elite Four island can be played entirely on the Handheld and can be blown up on the Terminal for home play.

>New Pokemon Type similar to Shinies, no details yet on how they work but I’ve been told they “change the game significantly”. The Mewtwo in the 2019 movie might have this new type

>The “Mainland” is an MMO-like environment that is exclusive to the Terminal and is shared by both versions.
LGPE has CO-OP play.

>Players all over the world online can chat, trade, intermingle and experience new-updated story lines on the mainland.

>Pokemon Band is a new mechanic introduced to get people involved who do not battle, a co-operative experience where Pokemon dance and make music together to achieve the highest group score.
Maybe it was a scrapped mechanic for LGPE's co-op.

>Pokemon Bank are actual locations on the Mainland and Handheld areas where people can import past Pokemon, mainly from Pokemon X and Pokemon Y into the new game.” Both LGPE and Pokemon 2019 will probably have bank support. (IIRC GameFreak said Pokemon from LGPE can be transferred into Pokemon 2019.

Theory: GF divided the game in two: one is LGPE and the other is Pokemon 2019.
>GameFreak were one of the first development studios inside Nintendo to receive Alpha-Prototype hardware, now have been upgraded to the Beta-Prototype hardware above. Possible

>Have a few areas marked out, TONS of concept art traveling between Pokemon Company and Nintendo Co Ltd.

>GameFreak plans to completely overhaul the basic systems of battle, simplifying the process. GF did this with LGPE.

>The development team is “going to put a lot of ideas they have wanted to do for years in this game”. Maybe they meant the new LGPE features (pokemon in the overworld, no wild battles, following pokemon...)

>Two versions already have code names, possibly final: Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus.

>Theme is “Old Tradition VS New Exploration” LGPE is "New Exploration" and Pokemon 2019 is "Old Tradition"

>New region, no name yet, is based on South East Asia with one large peninsula and many smaller islands. It might be Pokemon 2019's region.

>Three new starters with no names: Water evolves into Water/Steel and is a squat, teardrop shaped humanoid that has a jar filled with on its head as it evolves it grows taller and the jar bigger until it needs another set of arms to hold it on it’s head. Fire evolves into Fire/Fairy and is a tiny cute goat with fire blowing out of its horns, it’s horns and look evolves more menacing until it has curly ram like horns and a motorcycle hot-rod-like look. Grass evolves into a Grass/Electric and starts with a leap for a face with a nubby root as a body and evolves until it grows into an electric producing palm tree with each flower petal having a different face. Pokemon 2019 starters.

>The main legendary for Pokemon Plus is a Shi Foo Lion-looking Psychic/Ground-type that has multiple faces, the Pokemon Minus legendary is a Ghost/Fairy type that has two dashes for eyes and is a hurricane-like appendages with many arms and hands. Pokemon 2019 legendaries.

>More traditional Pokemon-like gameplay will be on the Handheld controller while an all new gameplay aspect will be on the Terminal unit. GF said LGPE (New gameplay aspect) is mainly Home Console focused (Terminal unit) while Pokemon 2019 (Traditional Pokemon gameplay) will be Handheld focused.

>The “Pokken Fighers” render that was teased was running on Alpha kits, Beta kits now have advance cell shading. Going for very detailed “living anime” look. "Town" has an anime look. (it's probably be the same engine Pokemon 2019 uses)

>The new “Team” villains are described as a bunch of “Sohei Zelots”-types who have discovered the player’s best friend as a reincarnation of a special type of person who only is alive every 100 years. They believe the old system where people were given a Pokemon egg and they stick to that Pokemon until they die and who’s function in society dictate what role that person is. They are against the “modern” trend of Pokemon Trainers and capturing multiple Pokemon and are making a holy pilgrimage to evoke the old Legendaries to turn everything back to normal. They keep the player away from their friend, saying the special one (who can do amazing things like mega evolve Pokemon without the use of a mega ring) only love is that of Pokemon and not people. It is planned to be reveal later that for the special one to fulfill their role in society they must be mortally sacrificed to awaken the legendaries. It seems a complex plot for an high budget game.

>Routes connection the island together are water bridges but clumps of island are connected together by underwater tunnels.

>There is a “Stone Slowking” statue that is a parody of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, Thailand.

>Many Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh will make a return.

>Variety of Pokemon Gyms, one is a mail system that only uses flying types and focuses on sky battles. One only uses baby Pokemon, one is implied to be a real vampire and uses Ghost and Dark Pokemon. There is also a military like leader who uses Fire and Steel Pokemon.

>The island gameplay with Gym Leaders and the Elite Four island can be played entirely on the Handheld and can be blown up on the Terminal for home play.

>New Pokemon Type similar to Shinies, no details yet on how they work but I’ve been told they “change the game significantly”. The Mewtwo in the 2019 movie might have this new type

>The “Mainland” is an MMO-like environment that is exclusive to the Terminal and is shared by both versions.
LGPE has CO-OP play.

>Players all over the world online can chat, trade, intermingle and experience new-updated story lines on the mainland.

>Pokemon Band is a new mechanic introduced to get people involved who do not battle, a co-operative experience where Pokemon dance and make music together to achieve the highest group score.
Maybe it was a scrapped mechanic for LGPE's co-op.

>Pokemon Bank are actual locations on the Mainland and Handheld areas where people can import past Pokemon, mainly from Pokemon X and Pokemon Y into the new game.” Both LGPE and Pokemon 2019 will probably have bank support. (IIRC GameFreak said Pokemon from LGPE can be transferred into Pokemon 2019.
Half of your post is saying “maybe” and the other half is stretching the truth(Co-op =/= MMO-like)

Just let it go. There’s no point in discussing a literally years old rumor with a shaky at best source.

Last edited:
Yeah. The leaker is unreliable and the leak implies that they would come right after XY. Also, the leak was posted in late 2013. Switch dev kits were not given out until 2015.
U.K. rumors had came after Sun and Moon came out,too.

I also thought I found it's vey strange. (n)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom