• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, I kind of like the Fire starters standing up, brings in more credit of them being Pokemon without them resembling the animal that they are based off too much, my complaint for a lot of Gen 1 Pokemon looking too much like the animal they are based off save for a few differences.

What about a fire starter that's literally cloaked in fire. It has a cloak made out if fire.

I wish Bug was Super Effective against Fairy, I know there isn't a good explanation for this, but it's to balance out the type chart a little bit more.

I wish Bug was Super Effective against Fairy, I know there isn't a good explanation for this, but it's to balance out the type chart a little bit more.
It's a bit hard to come up with another type it can have an advantage of due the fact that there's not much the bugs in general strong over.

It's a bit hard to come up with another type it can have an advantage of due the fact that there's not much the bugs in general strong over.
I mostly just want Fairy to taste the horribly bitter medicine of what it has done to the Dragon-type, so Fairy being weak against Bug is the perfect way to do that. Plus, any buff to Bug is greatly appreciated since it's one of the most underused types.

Last edited:
I don't really think how many legs it stands on defines an entire pokemon's design. While yes Gen 3-5 were along the same (Even though Emboar was more a sumo than martial aritst), the rest we're their own thing.

You could count in Incineroar with the martial arts/wrestler theme and that ends up being 4/7 Generations of Pokemon when the fire starter ends up being a redundant concept.

People want something different and people want a complete disconnect for atleast one generation.

I don’t have any issues with a biped starter but the humanoid thing is getting a bit too much.

I mostly just want Fairy to taste the horribly bitter medicine of what it has done to the Dragon-type, so Fairy being weak against Bug is the perfect way to do that. Plus, any buff to Bug is greatly appreciated since it's one of the most underused types.
The only thing Fairy did was balance out an overpowered type. Dragons are still plenty useful and plenty strong, particularly considering most of them are physical attackers while most fairies focus on special defense. I don't see why you're so bitter.

However, I do agree bugs could use a bit of a buff. But the same holds true for Ice and Grass. And I'd argue that Grass has more reason to be effective against Fairy since historically there has been a connection between fey creatures and flora.

You could count in Incineroar with the martial arts/wrestler theme and that ends up being 4/7 Generations of Pokemon when the fire starter ends up being a redundant concept.

People want something different and people want a complete disconnect for atleast one generation.

I don’t have any issues with a biped starter but the humanoid thing is getting a bit too much.
Maybe it's it's because I've been exposed to plenty of humanoid anime monsters in games growing up, but I never had any issues for fictional monsters that can be anything looking humanoid.

Maybe it's it's because I've been exposed to plenty of humanoid anime monsters in games growing up, but I never had any issues for fictional monsters that can be anything looking humanoid.

I'm just tired of it happening in literally the majority of the franchise's history, specially seeing the variety in Grass and Water starters we’ve got.

I'm just tired of it happening in literally the majority of the franchise's history, specially seeing the variety in Grass and Water starters we’ve got.
Grass: Big Frog Dinosaur, Dinosaur, Lizard Dinosaur, Tortoise, Big snake, Knight gopher warrior thing, Archer Owl

Water: Cannon turtle, Florida gator, Axolotl, Literal emporer penguin, Samurai seal lion, Jiraiya, Memaid seal

Fire: Dragon, Fire Badger, Kung fu chicken, Son Goku, Sumo Pumba, Mage fox, Tiger mask

The only thing Fairy did was balance out an overpowered type. Dragons are still plenty useful and plenty strong, particularly considering most of them are physical attackers while most fairies focus on special defense. I don't see why you're so bitter.

However, I do agree bugs could use a bit of a buff. But the same holds true for Ice and Grass. And I'd argue that Grass has more reason to be effective against Fairy since historically there has been a connection between fey creatures and flora.
Do I need to emphasize why Xerneas is one of the most used Pokemon to explain why I hate the Fairy-type so much? As for Bug, having it get a buff would definitely help it get more uses, especially if it counters a type that's used to counter types that appeared a lot.

Grass: Big Frog Dinosaur, Dinosaur, Lizard Dinosaur, Tortoise, Big snake, Knight gopher warrior thing, Archer Owl

Water: Cannon turtle, Florida gator, Axolotl, Literal emporer penguin, Samurai seal lion, Jiraiya, Memaid seal

Fire: Dragon, Fire Badger, Kung fu chicken, Son Goku, Sumo Pumba, Mage fox, Tiger mask

Are you trying to pretend that the fire starters haven’t been similar?

Because 4/7 have ended up having a fighting theme and same is true for no other type of starters.

Are you trying to pretend that the fire starters haven’t been similar?

Because 4/7 have ended up having a fighting theme and same is true for no other type of starters.
I never said that. You think I can't notice the Blaziken and Infernape aren't pretty much the same? But despite that comment, Every starter including the fires has had unique traits in design, from looks, to abilities and so forth. Fighting isn't in particular the main theme for those, it's more so thei styles of fighting that makes them unique. For example, Blaziken is a tae kwon do fighter, a kicker. And thank's to it's kicking it has powerful legs, so they themed it around speed, hence speed boost ability. Infernape, muy thai fighter. Uses all part of his limbs to fight, but due to being a monkey, has plenty of arm strength. The arm strength is translated to punching, hence the Iron Fist ability it gets. Emoboar, sumo wrestler, focuses on it's bulk and weight. Therefore he has high HP cause it durability due to it's bulk. Hence why it gets weight based moves, as well as the reckless ability due to it's bulk. (Though one would question why it didn't get higher defenses but whateves). Incineroar, heel wrestler, likes to fight rough and cheat (despite learning little cheating based moves) has a simple style of just hitting and slamming something as brutally as possible. And due to it's muscly body it can take hits and dish them. You see, people may just think the fires being fighters it copy pasting, but they still have their own unique traits that's incorporated in it's design that makes it work uniquely and functionally.

Do I need to emphasize why Xerneas is one of the most used Pokemon to explain why I hate the Fairy-type so much? As for Bug, having it get a buff would definitely help it get more uses, especially if it counters a type that's used to counter types that appeared a lot.
If you wanna talk Xerneas, I'll counter with Mega Rayquaza.

And yes, Bug needs a buff. So does Grass (weak to 5 types, resisted by a whopping seven.) And Grass makes more sense as having a connection to fairy.

New leeks
Pretty cool

Attachments

• 1539015427923.jpg
    1539015427923.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 86
If the problem with Fairy is that it appears often because Dragon appears often, why don't you hate the Dragon type?

If the problem with Fairy is that it appears often because Dragon appears often, why don't you hate the Dragon type?
Because compared to Dragon-types, only a select few of Fairy-types keep appearing often in battles, making online battles too monotone, just seeing the same Pokemon dominating. The problem may have died down a little in Gen 7, it's still a common problem. However, my main problem with it is that Fairy is immune to Dragon, I would've been fine if Fairy resisted Dragon, but being immune to the moves is overkill if you ask me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom