• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because compared to Dragon-types, only a select few of Fairy-types keep appearing often in battles, making online battles too monotone, just seeing the same Pokemon dominating. The problem may have died down a little in Gen 7, it's still a problem. However, my main problem with it is that Fairy is immune from Dragon, I would've been fine if Fairy resisted Dragon, but being immune to the moves is overkill if you ask me.
Isn't that more a problem with Fairy having a smaller pool of viable Pokemon than anything? Dragon and Fairy are pretty close in size population-wise (50 total in both, counting alt forms and megas, and 31 fully evolved Fairy-types compared to 33 fully evolved Dragon-types)- but Dragon holds six of the eight pseudos and several legendaries-it's not surprising that it has more options.

By the same logic, should Ground take a hit as punishment for being such a strong counter to Electric? Or Dark for bringing Psychic down? Dragon has four resistances, only three weaknesses (two prior to Fairy, with one of them being itself), and only two types that don't take full damage from its attacks-every other type has at least three. One immunity has not ruined it, and nerfing another type just for the sake of Dragon ignores the imbalance it had in the first place.

New leeks
Pretty cool

Those are not even close to convincing ... especially the polar bear cub which resembles Cubchoo way too much.

The grass creature is also extremely different from the usual pokemon designs, its very suspcious.

I don't know what to think of the fire snake but it doesn't exactly look cute either and sortof resembles another fakemon from a few months ago.

Last edited:
The art itself is fairly convincing.What sets me off is the original post,he claims he's a designer and 20+ Pokémon for next gen have been approved.But normally,all the Pokemon of a gen are approved at the very beginning.

The art itself is fairly convincing.What sets me off is the original post,he claims he's a designer and 20+ Pokémon for next gen have been approved.But normally,all the Pokemon of a gen are approved at the very beginning.
XD ...only 20+ approved? At this stage? That's hilarious.

Personally, I'm most convinced by the photography. The SuMo starters leak was the file-this is a picture of someone's screen. So either
  • a) we have someone working at Game Freak who doesn't know how to take a screencap but wants to leak something
  • b) someone took a picture of someone else's screen and somehow didn't caught doing so (and seeing as they claim to be an artist-why do that when they should have access to the file?)
  • c) a fake where the user took a picture of a screen so it'd be harder to analyze and claim it as a fake.

Personally, I'm most convinced by the photography. The SuMo starters leak was the file-this is a picture of someone's screen. So either
  • a) we have someone working at Game Freak who doesn't know how to take a screencap but wants to leak something
  • b) someone took a picture of someone else's screen and somehow didn't caught doing so (and seeing as they claim to be an artist-why do that when they should have access to the file?)
  • c) a fake where the user took a picture of a screen so it'd be harder to analyze and claim it as a fake.
XD You make an excellent point... what artist takes a picture of their monitor.

Even if there was a good reason, there is no logical reason as to why an artist working on official artwork would feel like they could get away with leaking the artwork. There's only around 100 new designs each generation- you don't need a huge team of artists to do that. Just a team small enough that if any dimwit decided "Hey I'm gonna leak what I'm working on." they are OBVIOUSLY going to catch them.

Last edited:
Here's the initial post for those who are interested.
IMG_7791.jpg
The Poster also uploaded a higher quality image of the three, now of course there's nothing I can say that already hasn't been, but they claim not to be an artist, yet they managed to get high resolution images of all three, eh, they weren't even trying from the beginning anyway.
IMG_7790.PNG

The bear just screams Water/Ice.
The grass might be Bug/Grass (might be pure grass)
the snake is certainly Fire. Not sure if there's a second type.

I will admit, the bear looks very adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom