• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For users browsing this forum, be aware that you may stumble upon spoilers! Threads that have spoilered information will be tagged as such, but still do take caution.
    Spoiler Embargo will be in place one month from DLC release. This means it will lift on July 17th, 2020.

• The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The Grass one looks cute, the Fire one looks, erm, not cute, and the Water one could have been a perfect Pokémon... if Cubchoo didn't exist.

Reaction score
Leaks are real
Nothing says legitimate leak like the poster telling you it first thing.
I work around artists not as an artist. Can not give my job title.
"Let me reveal enough about myself to give possible explanations to things that might question my legitimacy, but not enough to make it easy to disprove my identity."

Then they give starter names and designs, but the Water-type is literally just "fat bear with white paws"? Yeah, I'm sure that's what Game Freak had in mind when designing this guy. Surely they would have heard the design inspiration, seeing as they "work around artists"?

Also-there's no reason for the three starters to be all together like that. We know for a fact that concept art includes multiple images of one Pokemon, to explore how the design would work in different scenarios. And if there's an image of them right next to each other, why would the pictures be separated like they were?

Reaction score
You know what Generation 8 needs? A fairy type that looks like a literal fairy. Why isn't there any fairy-types resembling winged humanoids?

Ace Trainer
Reaction score
Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I don't trust this rumor, outright saying it's real makes it fake. No one would make it that obvious if they were trying to leak information that's supposed to be secret while working for the developer.

Reaction score
Here's the initial post for those who are interested. The Poster also uploaded a higher quality image of the three, now of course there's nothing I can say that already hasn't been, but they claim not to be an artist, yet they managed to get high resolution images of all three, eh, they weren't even trying from the beginning anyway.
Hmmmm, I agree they're most likely fake....but these look like legit pokemon

Reaction score
I think the name for the bear is what bothers me the most. In Kana it would be ユキウマ

Yuki (ユキ) would be snow and Kuma/Guma (クマ/グマ) would be bear, but combining it as Yukiuma (ユキウマ) seems odd because Uma (ウマ) is horse.

PokéManiac
Reaction score
You can always tell the real art from the fake by the line work of the artist. These new ones are fake. Don't beleive any leaks like this untill after the game is announced at least

Reaction score
The Grass one looks cute, the Fire one looks, erm, not cute, and the Water one could have been a perfect Pokémon... if Cubchoo didn't exist.
It could have been a perfect middle evolution for Cubchoo.

Reaction score
Nothing says legitimate leak like the poster telling you it first thing.

"Let me reveal enough about myself to give possible explanations to things that might question my legitimacy, but not enough to make it easy to disprove my identity."

Then they give starter names and designs, but the Water-type is literally just "fat bear with white paws"? Yeah, I'm sure that's what Game Freak had in mind when designing this guy. Surely they would have heard the design inspiration, seeing as they "work around artists"?

Also-there's no reason for the three starters to be all together like that. We know for a fact that concept art includes multiple images of one Pokemon, to explore how the design would work in different scenarios. And if there's an image of them right next to each other, why would the pictures be separated like they were?
The LGPE leak also said real leaks at the beginning

Reaction score
While I agree that it's fake, it's not like there aren't Pokemon with weird artstyles.
Well, in Meltan's defense, I guess it's because we have not seen the Sugimori artwork. At least, I don't think this is Sugimori.

Status
Not open for further replies.