• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing says that LGPE sequels would follow the restrictive "only Pokemon that existed originally" approach.
So you’re saying a hypothetical Let’s Go series will be basically dumbed down remakes? At that point the only exclusive feature will be the Go catching style and following Pokémon which isn’t alone enough to automatically increase sales.

You shouldn’t forget that the main appeal of LGPE (and the very reason it’ll sell like hot cakes) is Kanto and it’s household-name level popularity.
It’s entire marketing relies on the fact that grandpa knows what a Pikachu is after its app topped the charts.
Subsequent Let’s Go games aren’t going to sell more than a typical remake.

I’m positive that following Pokémon is going the way of trainer customisation.
Specially since it’s the logical succession to ride Pokémon.

I still think the graphics and model to make Prof. Willow is what's going to be the Gen 8 graphics. It feels off to go this far for a short.

Isn’t that literally the Pokémon Go style animated though? I doubt they’re basing their art style of a spin off.
Then there’ll also be the complication of how to handle backgrounds since the PoGo backgrounds from that short look too complex for a full-scale game in a 3D world.

Let's Go games are not going to replace traditional remakes, sure the first Let's Go game takes place in Kanto, but that's because FireRed and LeafGreen already exist. Let's Go is meant to be remake of games that already have been remade. Plus, Game Freak will lose out on sales if they remake a game with Let's Go before a traditional remake due to the fact that they won't be able to use a certain generation to bring back again. It's a smarter idea to make the first remake be traditional, then, years later, a Let's Go game being the second remake. This will net in more sales because of being able to use a region in a remake twice.

Last edited:
Isn’t that literally the Pokémon Go style animated though? I doubt they’re basing their art style of a spin off.
Then there’ll also be the complication of how to handle backgrounds since the PoGo backgrounds from that short look too complex for a full-scale game in a 3D world.
I doubt I doubt it's that hard to imitate the backgrounds of the game, just the realistic-ish graphics like you see in modern games. Also you might've been right about the character models though. I don't play GO so I haven't got a good look at them ingame.

I doubt I doubt it's that hard to imitate the backgrounds of the game,

The background in the Meltan shorts is literally the only background you see in-game in GO and it seems like a still rather than something that could be incorporated in the main series.

The character models could be similar but in the end it might deviate enough from the Go style to be considered its own thing.

It also looks like GameFreak plans on merging Pokeride and following Pokémon with us being able to ride large enough Pokémon in LGPE.

Pokeride and Following Pokemon originated in 3D in the same games (SM) which signals that it’s a long term plan and the next games will see a complete merger of the two.
Following Pokemon was never in SM. Sure, the data for it was in the game, but it was scrapped.

Saw the pic of that shadow. Perhaps Meltan is able to make more liquid metal and become a larger form. I can see it evolving though.
It's unlikely that it'll evolve, given that it's the only new species added to the dex, but melting more liquid to expand its body is exactly where I think this is gonna go.
Following Pokemon was never in SM. Sure, the data for it was in the game, but it was scrapped.
The fact that the data for it was included in the game is a pretty good indicator that it was intended to be in more than just LGPE.

There's definitely going to be more Let's Go games in the future. GF said that it can spawn an entire subseries.
So they included Pokemon six generations into the future, assuming they'd make six more games with no graphic changes in that time period? And they put them in SM despite only intending them for Let's Go games?

The background in the Meltan shorts is literally the only background you see in-game in GO and it seems like a still rather than something that could be incorporated in the main series.

The character models could be similar but in the end it might deviate enough from the Go style to be considered its own thing.
Oh I thought you meant the mountains and trees and stuff.

The thing is that Pokemon models from Gen 6 onward are already HD models, this is why 3DS Pokemon games had moments where they lagged. This is actually future-proofing the games so that they don't have to keep recreating the models for every generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom