• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the starters will look like. I kind of want another starter that is based on a cat.
Maybe a jaguar Pokemon that's Grass/Ground-type? Makes sense why it would be super-effective against turtle and tortoise Pokemon. Jaguars are known to have jaws strong enough to crush turtle shells.

Hey, Meltan may be one of the most adorable dang things to ever come out of Pokémon!

Also, “segue” is a transition, “Segway” is a motorized personal vehicle with two wheels. :p

Sorry, I forgot the word "segue" and I was in a rush to post :whistle:

Meltan is cute, but the marketing around it is still annoying.

That’s okay, it’s a weird word. :p

I’m personally hooked on it and think it’s creative and fun, but I guess it’s not for everyone.

Could this evolution tease a new kind of evolution for Gen 8? If we think about it, something like this has happened in the anime when Pokemon was starting to transition from Gen 5 to Gen 6 with Mega Mewtwo Y.

I don't see what's annoying about it. XD It's more fun and interesting than the marketing for every other mythical.

Besides... Let's Go has nothing else going for it, so it's not like they've got anything else to market.

How do we know that?
Because if they did, they wouldn't be milking Meltan so hard and because the marketing for Let's Go up until this point has been lackluster. If they had anything better, I'd like to think that we wouldn't have gotten this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Tk3NBlteg

There's really no reason to post up two old mega evolutions as promotional material if you have anything better to market.

Because if they did, they wouldn't be milking Meltan so hard and because the marketing for Let's Go up until this point has been lackluster. If they had anything better, I'd like to think that we wouldn't have gotten this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9Tk3NBlteg

There's really no reason to post up two old mega evolutions as promotional material if you have anything better to market.

true

That’s okay, it’s a weird word. :p

I’m personally hooked on it and think it’s creative and fun, but I guess it’s not for everyone.

I'll like Meltan if I find out that it's a tiny little powerhouse.

I don't see what's annoying about it. XD It's more fun and interesting than the marketing for every other mythical.

Besides... Let's Go has nothing else going for it, so it's not like they've got anything else to market.

Meh, I'm ready for Let's Go to be released so that the focus shifts to Gen 8. I think I'm just jaded because I'm having withdrawals from a proper Pokemon game with gym challenges. I've replayed several generations already in the past few months, I need something new.

If meltan is in lets go pikachu and lets go eevee as well as pokemon go then it might be a gen 7 pokemon it might be gen 8 but I'm just guessing that's all

With Meltan actually evolving, this puts to rest any statement saying a Pokemon can't evolve due to any reasons. Legendary and Mythical Pokemon have shown the ability to evolve now.

As a side note, I've always loved Meltan's cry and really enjoy its evolution's even more. Lile, I literally played back that part of the video several times because it was so nice.
I think meltan Will get a new form not an evolution that's what I'm guessing it is

If meltan is in lets go pikachu and lets go eevee as well as pokemon go then it might be a gen 7 pokemon it might be gen 8 but I'm just guessing that's all

Its asset index number implies that it is part of Gen 7, because apparently the generations since Gen 6 have started at the next hundred and all of the Gen 7 pokemon's asset numbers started at #800, with Meltan's number being #891. In addition, it's the 808th pokemon revealed and was officially teased in Pokemon GO on the 808th day since Pokemon GO's release- which seems too coincidental.

So as much as I want it to be Gen 8, I have to sadly mope in agreement with the "it's Gen 7" camp. Evidence seems to point that way. =/

I think meltan Will get a new form not an evolution that's what I'm guessing it is

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1050279215936008194

Maybe a jaguar Pokemon that's Grass/Ground-type? Makes sense why it would be super-effective against turtle and tortoise Pokemon. Jaguars are known to have jaws strong enough to crush turtle shells.
It would be better if it was grass/ghost. Jaguars are sneaky predators. It's pretty hard to see them, until it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom