• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see more eevees. I would love more split forms too though, because I think they are fun. Although I think they waaaaay missed the ball with midnight lycanroc, but they started Eevees special line and I want every type for it. A good one for a split would be combee, but I guess having only one female evolution makes sense for a bee

Oh yeah I forgot. In gen 8 I want another easy to breed or hatch eggs. It got so tiresome I stopped. And I still have some mons I have to breed.

Then what's the point of type advantages?
To add an extra element to gameplay? I'm not really seeing how "this element means players won't be able to use one move against every Pokemon to win easily" makes something pointless.
Also they still use pokemon that many others have in their teams. Especially in the championships.
Yeah, but if enough Pokemon are popular that you can have totally different teams even at the highest level of battles, that means that not everyone has "the exact same set".
What’s going to come first? First news on Generation 8? Or 1000 pages?
1000 pages easy. There's too much potential to discuss to keep us quiet.
Oh yeah I forgot. In gen 8 I want another easy to breed or hatch eggs. It got so tiresome I stopped. And I still have some mons I have to breed.
Oh, gosh, yes. Basing it around steps means it's just "who has enough time to breed"-that's the worst kind of artificial difficulty.

I hope we get a red panda in gen 8. Talk about cuteness overload. I just don’t want them to make it fighting type
We just got a red panda in Gen 7, I kinda doubt we'll get another one so soon. XD

I'm curious if they'll dive into cross gen evolutions again. The last time we had that was Gen 4, the gen that focused on evolution.
I hope so. I miss getting new evolutions for old pokemon.

We just got a red panda in Gen 7, I kinda doubt we'll get another one so soon. XD

I hope so. I miss getting new evolutions for old pokemon.

...I am not opposed if they're as good as Gen 2, design wise. The stats of Gen 4 are great and well thought out...

(but they're almost all so ugly to me.)

I'd like to see more use of little things like gender differences, way way less trade evolutions (or more in-game trades involving them), and I really hope that the inevitable Pikachu Clone (despite Pikachu more likely than not, being native to the region and thus there is no reason for a pikaclone to exist) can at least evolve. I'd also like to see a creepy Dark + Fairy type pokemon. Fairies aren't all glitter and flowers. And I really hope they keep features like customization for the trainer. The photoclub place in USUM was also fantastic and I'm excited to eventually getting around to doing a Nuzlocke of it because I can take pictures of my pokemon I use in the nuzlocke to make it feel even more special.

Also I want another secret bases feature. I just really like using my secret base to make a secret little home for my trainers. With less limitations on the number of items I can have. Let me display all my pokemon dolls without the repercussion of no other kinds of decor!

I would love for more clear gender differences, especially with bird and fish mons, since their irl counterparts for the most part have very noticeable differences, birds of paradise would be amazing for that

Its asset index number implies that it is part of Gen 7, because apparently the generations since Gen 6 have started at the next hundred and all of the Gen 7 pokemon's asset numbers started at #800, with Meltan's number being #891. In addition, it's the 808th pokemon revealed and was officially teased in Pokemon GO on the 808th day since Pokemon GO's release- which seems too coincidental.

So as much as I want it to be Gen 8, I have to sadly mope in agreement with the "it's Gen 7" camp. Evidence seems to point that way. =/

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1050279215936008194

But if GF doesn't follow on this for Gen VIII Pokémon?

I also wonder what number Meltan will be in the Kanto Dex given the Kanto Dex corresponds to the beginning of the National.Dex.

I think it would be great if they focused on partner pokemon in doubles. It could be along the lines of having combee and vespiquen out will give both or one of them a stat boost. Maybe old moves could get a boost during this time to, like attack order. Maybe they could even have a combination move that they both use for the turn.

I think having moves change based on what is in your party would be cool too. Ancientpower could increase in power when you have more than one fossil pokemon in your party. Or it could work with an increase in power when the pokemon holds a fossil. There are so many ways they could expand on the core gameplay that they haven't done yet.

Last edited:
But buizel!

That's not a new evo for an old Pokemon, though! Buizel is adorable, but I love otters and weasel otter is a cute idea. I generally find Gen IV designs... Weird, but there are plenty of cute ones. And Giratina Altered Forme is one of the coolest looking Pokemon. I don't know why they feel so weird to me. The starters might be my favorite set, though, oddly enough. There are other ones I like more, but there's usually one in the set I find unappealing, but all of Sinnoh's are ace.

I think having moves change based on what is in your post would be cool too. Ancientpower could increase in power when you have more than one fossil pokemon in your party. Or it could work with an increase in power when the pokemon holds a fossil. There are so many ways they could expand on the core gameplay that they haven't done yet.

New gameplay mode:

dims.jpeg

(I do like your ideas. I imagine you'd have to attach an item to share STAB, which could honestly be a lot of fun.)

That's not a new evo for an old Pokemon, though! Buizel is adorable, but I love otters and weasel otter is a cute idea. I generally find Gen IV designs... Weird, but there are plenty of cute ones. And Giratina Altered Forme is one of the coolest looking Pokemon. I don't know why they feel so weird to me. The starters might be my favorite set, though, oddly enough. There are other ones I like more, but there's usually one in the set I find unappealing, but all of Sinnoh's are ace.
On the whole, the Gen IV roster is the weakest for me. There are designs I adore (Torterra, Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, the Eeveelutions...) but the majority of designs feel awkward to me. Same with a lot of Gen V. It may be a result of some growing pains between Gens III -VI. Or something. I dunno.

I do think Gen II, III, VI, and VII have really good Pokédexes, and I’ll give Gen I a pass for being the first, but if their latest two gens are any indication, Gen VIII’s Dex will also be solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom