• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Since I like fantasy, I would like to see more fantasy creatures, like goblins, centaurs, vampires, etc...
I don't know about the vampires and centaurs but you could loosely consider Sawk and Throh to be goblins despite their more ogre-like appearance.

Timburr could also be a goblin, and probably Drowzee too.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Pokemon Uranium has a good example of a vampire Pokemon that's not too humanoid-instead, it's based on bats!
This could also be our chance to get a bat Pokémon that actually focuses on the cuter and mammalian aspects of bats. The zubat and woobat lines are downright hideous, and Noibat ends up becoming a dragon.

I'd love to see a fruit bat Pokémon with vampire aspects (I looked up vampire bats and no offence but they look hideous too. Can’t we have a cute bat Pokémon for a change?)

Now with a m̶e̶g̶a̶ Gigantamax
Reaction score
Technically, but it failed to capture the cuteness of the honduran white bat, so I have to consider it a failure of design.
To be fair, that is a matter of opinion. I could say I want a koala, but decide Komala was a failure and that they should make a new one. It doesn't just eliminate the fact that Komala IS a koala, because not everyone would agree with me (I do like Komala, I'm just using an example). I happen to think Woobat is cute and it's not a failure. I don't think every Pokemon needs to be a 1-1 image of what it's based off.

Reaction score
Technically, but it failed to capture the cuteness of the honduran white bat, so I have to consider it a failure of design.
On the other hand, I personally view Woobat's design as very cute.

(And don't get me started on Pokemon designs that, to me, failed to capture some essence of their source material....)

Reaction score
I would like to see a mothman pokemon, dark/psychic. Given thatit would show up before a disaster or some say, the cause.

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
To be fair, that is a matter of opinion. I could say I want a koala, but decide Komala was a failure and that they should make a new one. It doesn't just eliminate the fact that Komala IS a koala, because not everyone would agree with me (I do like Komala, I'm just using an example). I happen to think Woobat is cute and it's not a failure. I don't think every Pokemon needs to be a 1-1 image of what it's based off.
I just think that woobat very much misses the mark of what makes the honduran white bat so endearing. I'd like something that captures the essence of the honduran white bat more than something that only fits the same basic description of cottonball with bat wings.

Reaction score
I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread already or not, but could yungoos be a hint? It's sun dex entry states it was imported from another region. And if go based on it's real world counterpart, mongooses, could gen 8 be in a India base region?

Here to ride the rumor train.
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread already or not, but could yungoos be a hint? It's sun dex entry states it was imported from another region. And if go based on it's real world counterpart, mongooses, could gen 8 be in a India base region?
I doubt it's a hint, it's more like a real world reference to the fact that mongoose were imported to Hawaii to deal with rat problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.