• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
I wish the black nuts were yellow, gold or brown; something to better match up with the head nut. But other than that, I like Melmetal. It's certainly better than the lazy shit that was Meltan.

Meltitan would been a cooler name, though.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Finally caught up with this thread. 917 pages takes quite a while.

Meltan looks adorable! Not enough to make me play Go or buy the LG games.

Melmetal looks strange. Bit disappointed that it doesn't become Steel/ Poison since it's made of mercury which can be poisonous. But oh well. It's better that a regular Pokemon gets that type combination that way it is more accessible and not restricted to a Mythical.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
My initial impression was "What?" but I might warm up to it down the line.

But since it requires both LGPE and Go, no thanks.

Shiny Hunter
Reaction score
Meltan and Melmetal are officially locked behind a paywall.

I mean, I play Go and will buy LG so I'M unbothered, but ya know.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I wanted to have a Meltan in Go without buying LGPE...
Now I feel a bit cheated that all those initial Meltan could be caught and then converted into Ditto (and not even in time for my Mew quest!)

Not Dead
Reaction score
I wanted to have a Meltan in Go without buying LGPE...
That would have defeated the point of its existence. Also, it was confirmed in the initial trailer that you had to send a gift (box) from LGPE to Go to unlock the new Pokemon (Meltan). You can probably receive Meltan from other Go players that have LGPE, though.

All life matters. Not matter age or skin color!
Reaction score
Its like a combination of Golurk, collecting cells like Zygarde. Has Gamefreak lost its creativity?

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
That was just a wish. I was fully aware that I cannot get Meltan in Go with LGPE.

You can probably receive Meltan from other Go players that have LGPE, though.
Personally there are no Go players around me and I'm pretty sure no one has a Switch, let alone LGPE in a thousand mile radius around me.

Reaction score
Actually yeah. Now that I realized. Unless they plan on releasing Meltan at some point via online or code distribution, it is nigh impossible to get Meltan any other way beside having both Go and Let's Go...marketing trap at it's finest eh gamefreak?

Not Dead
Reaction score
Actually yeah. Now that I realized. Unless they plan on releasing Meltan at some point via online or code distribution, it is nigh impossible to get Meltan any other way beside having both Go and Let's Go...marketing trap at it's finest eh gamefreak?
I am not sure I see how Meltan being locked to LGPE is worse than Zeraora being locked to USUM. Go is a free app, as opposed to the transportation needed to get to a retail store for a download code (it's worse in Japan if you dislike the movies). It's a more time-consuming affair, though.

Not Dead
Reaction score
Transfer from LGPE and maybe a direct distribution down the road.

Reaction score
Its like a combination of Golurk, collecting cells like Zygarde. Has Gamefreak lost its creativity?
In addition to Knightwolf's points (plus the fact that catching multiple Pokemon is not the same as finding cells in the overworld, nor is evolving the same as a form change), there's no reason a concept can't be used in a different and interesting way. Vulpix and Fennekin are both Fire-type foxes, and Ho-Oh, Moltres, and Talonflanlme are all Fire/Flying birds-would you say Game Freak lost their creativity there?

Status
Not open for further replies.