• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that they'll just choose the Pokemon that comes out first as your partner Pokemon. Simple and easy.

But I agree that it's complicated choosing a true partner Pokemon.

As long as the partner Pokemon doesn't necessarily need to be a starter Pokemon, I'm fine with it. I mean, they just have to make it so you choose any Pokemon out of your party of 6 to be your partner Pokemon, the following Pokemon feature can also work like that.

Wouldn't that just lead to people putting their least favorites as following them instead?
No, the feature could just be turned on for a single Pokemon in the party, it won't have anything to do with the slot of the party as long as the Pokemon is occupying at least one of the slots. They would need to turn it on manually for it to happen anyways.

No, the feature could just be turned on for a single Pokemon in the party, it won't have anything to do with the slot of the party as long as the Pokemon is occupying at least one of the slots. They would need to turn it on manually for it to happen anyways.
I never said anything about it being a particular party slot. What I'm saying is that if the Pokemon chosen as a follower is the partner Pokemon that gets stolen, people would just stick a Pokemon they didn't like in that slot to spare their others.

Honestly, I didn't think of the partner Pokemon thing being the Pokemon that gets stolen from you, but I highly doubt Game Freak will do that as a plot point since it directly puts a handicap on the players who already trained their Pokemon. My idea for a partner Pokemon was sort of like setting a default for which Pokemon follows you. It would obviously turn it off automatically after putting said Pokemon into a PC Box, then automatically turn on when the Pokemon is retrieved.

But willing to fight to consistently lose money,
Money and Pokemon are pretty different things. There's a reason why people will pay money for goods and services but won't trade their pets for them.
or have job where you have to lose a battle give away a badge.
It's not like it was their own personal badge? We know for a fact that gym leaders have several copies.

Pokemon are not supposed to be prizes given to the winner of the battle. Badges and Z-Crystals on the other hand, are those prizes.

Money and Pokemon are pretty different things. There's a reason why people will pay money for goods and services but won't trade their pets for them.

It's not like it was their own personal badge? We know for a fact that gym leaders have several copies.
Oh yeah, I should mention. My personal reasoning to why I believe people would take to this would be the same reason why people take nuzlocke challenges for real. You know the challenge that people treat fainted pokemon like they died. But they enjoy the challenge.

Oh yeah, I should mention. My personal reasoning to why I believe people would take to this would be the same reason why people take nuzlocke challenges for real. You know the challenge that people treat fainted pokemon like they died. But they enjoy the challenge.
Yes, but like I said before-just because some people enjoy it doesn't mean it should be applied everywhere. Team Reverse could just open up a battle facility if it was just about wanting to enjoy a challenge.

Yes, but like I said before-just because some people enjoy it doesn't mean it should be applied everywhere. Team Reverse could just open up a battle facility if it was just about wanting to enjoy a challenge.
I don't think people would like to reset their game each time they lost (which, according to the leak, would make it happen pretty frequently).

Of course not everyone will enjoy but some still would. I highly doubt an evil team would be allowed to start a battle facility as well.

Of course not everyone will enjoy but some still would. I highly doubt an evil team would be allowed to start a battle facility as well.
Don't you think that some would be a pretty small fraction of the player base? Also, the battle facility doesn't have to be legal. It could be a Fight Club kind of thing.

Of course not everyone will enjoy but some still would.
But the claim isn't that only some people did it-it's that everyone did it, and Team Reverse is trying to make everyone do it again.
I highly doubt an evil team would be allowed to start a battle facility as well.
They weren't always an evil team-why not create the facility before trying out the evil team plan?

Even a minority can have a following. And that following can potentially grow if other agree with their ideals.
And that brings us back to the earlier issue-how are they getting anybody on board with the idea? The claim is that it was believed that if you lost, you were unworthy of your partner. How can there be a large group of people that believe that if you fail once then you're unworthy of trying again? And how do they expect to convince everyone else of the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom