• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering HarmoKnight was also made by Game Freak, I can see a music themed Pokemon game existing. It wasn't the first time Game Freak used something from their other games into Pokemon, like part of Barry's theme being taken from Pulseman's theme.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Either the leaker is referencing HarmoKnight or GameFreak is. I think, because of this, Harmony and Symphony could work as title names.

Interestingly enough, the origins of HarmoKnight seem to come from a secret Pikachu minigame in Pokemon Gold that has you collecting musical notes in similar fashion. If they do a musical region I think it would be cool to bring this mini-game back, but flesh it out with more Pokemon.

Also, the games from which this mini-game originates also had two birds as the cover legendaries. So many coincidences. It's still most likely fake, though

Usually the names also fit the circumstances of the game as well. Red and Blue were the first games in the series, so the names and theme reflected that they were basic building blocks of the series. Gold and Silver were intended to be the last games in the series, so Gold and Silver reflected that the games were supposed to be "perfect". Black and White were very back to basics games that were meant to create the same feelings as 1st gen and included many divisive decisions, so Black/White being about opposing ideals makes sense. And X and Y were the first games in 3D, so the coordinate theme made sense.

I suspect whatever name they pick for this will reflect these being the first console games. I can believe the rumor a while back that said that the games would be called Past and Future since that name fits the current circumstances. The series is making the jump to console and is at a crossroads now, with fans and developers being split over whether to continue with the series' traditions (past) or to adapt and evolve in the console environment (future). The names Past and Future would be perfect to reflect that.

I don't think it's a rule, but yeah, it can happen again. "Past and Future" don't please me very much, but it's way better than other names that fit the situation, like "You and Me" imo

It's interesting to remember that Masuda thought from the beginning about Diamond and Pearl (while thinking about Ruby and Sapphire - source), and that he wanted it to be sort of a "sequel" to RS, so when we think of names for upcoming games, we may think that maybe Ohmori did the same, and that now he does something related to Sun and Moon. But this isn't a rule either, just a possibility.

It is also interesting to note how the versions that can be considered as "opposites" didn't have a single third version, making sense to what Masuda said about not doing Pokémon Gray (Game Freak on why Pokémon Gray never happened).

Red and blue are on opposite ends of the visible light spectrum. And Black and White have something to do with absence of light/all colors together, I guess.

X and Y represents geometrical axes, as the PkmnTrainerV said.

Sun and Moon can be seen as opposites, although it is something relative/subjective. But so are the others.

Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl have nothing to do with "opposites", I think.

Red and Blue - none
Black and White - two; B2 and W2
X and Y- none
Sun and Moon - two; US and UM

Gold and Silver - Crystal
Ruby and Sapphire - Emerald
Diamond and Pearl - Platinum

The exception would be RGB, since Blue may be considered a third version for some, but we know that's not exactly the case. In Japan (where Blue can be considered as a third version) the first versions released were Red and Green, which no longer means exactly opposites. It's still fits into the theme of "primary colors", tho (Yellow is just a special version, and in Japan it's just called Pikachu Version, if I'm not mistaken)

So if the names are something like Past and Future, we probably will not have a single improved version. Maybe two.

If it's something like "Harmony and Melody", there could be a single third version.

Although this is also not a rule, but only a possibility to us be based on. These patterns can always be broken.

Of course, we don't even know if improved versions will still be a thing on the Switch. I hope not. Either way, the names of the possible improved version may be the name of the DLC.

Last edited:
Well this... sounds a bit more believable to me than the Romo leak but I'm still not buying it as legit either... the names really don't fit.

While previous names like Gold and Silver aren't "opposite," they are part of a typical pair. Gold and Silver, Rubies and Sapphires, Diamonds and Pearls- they're kind of things that you just normally think of together. Melodies and Symphonies may go together but they come from a huge grab bag of musical words and aren't really a pairing like other games' titles have been. I'm sure we haven't run out of better paired words yet. I feel like Rhythm and Rhyme would be more of a typical pair if we go the music route (and even then, there are probably better pairings with better meanings if you actually know music, which I don't. =<)

It wouldn't surprise me if we got a water duck, though. We've got plenty, but we don't have one that's a starter yet. =P But we had plenty of fire foxes, and look what we got. Rather they go with a platypus for something more interesting, though- or something else entirely.

I do feel like we are pretty birded out when it comes to legendaries, though.

Team Ivory's goal is as outlandish as what we got in Gen 3, 4 and 5... I feel like evil team goals have matured more and developed more meaning since then. Also the name Team Ivory... doesn't feel like it connects to their goal very well.

Well this... sounds a bit more believable to me than the Romo leak but I'm still not buying it as legit either... the names really don't fit.

While previous names like Gold and Silver aren't "opposite," they are part of a typical pair. Gold and Silver, Rubies and Sapphires, Diamonds and Pearls- they're kind of things that you just normally think of together. Melodies and Symphonies may go together but they come from a huge grab bag of musical words and aren't really a pairing like other games' titles have been. I'm sure we haven't run out of better paired words yet. I feel like Rhythm and Rhyme would be more of a typical pair if we go the music route (and even then, there are probably better pairings with better meanings if you actually know music, which I don't. =<)

It wouldn't surprise me if we got a water duck, though. We've got plenty, but we don't have one that's a starter yet. =P But we had plenty of fire foxes, and look what we got. Rather they go with a platypus for something more interesting, though- or something else entirely.

I do feel like we are pretty birded out when it comes to legendaries, though.

Team Ivory's goal is as outlandish as what we got in Gen 3, 4 and 5... I feel like evil team goals have matured more and developed more meaning since then. Also the name Team Ivory... doesn't feel like it connects to their goal very well.
Well Ivory is another word for white. And white is said to represent purity. So possibly their ideals to make the world pure from pokemon?

Harmony and Melody sound like awesome names for the games. We'd abbreviate them HM and it would remind me of playing Harvest Moon, specifically Animal Parade, which is entirely music themed.

They aren't, though. They've been described as more handheld-oriented than LGPE.

Well, we don't know what exactly they want to meant by that.

It will be the first traditional main game on a home console, and they can't get away from that.
The fact that Pro Controller does not work in the LGPE, for example, is ridiculous imo. I hope that the fact of being a "more handheld-oriented game" doesn't mean that they will try to escape the situation.

Last edited:
My thoughts are in bold:

Region is named the Armo region. Based off of Spain, and is heavily music themed

I guess after the whole Piuk fiasco, now Europe is the go-to continent for leaks. A musical theme doesn't sound bad.

Grass starter is a mouse, Fire starter is a calf, Water is another duck

Another calf already?

Legendaries are 2 birds. One is Flying/Fairy, and the other Flying/Fighting

More birds. I guess it beats "more dragons" for some people. Maybe the Fairy one is a singer and the Fighting one is an instrument player?

There is a new part added into the game. Soul Songs. Can be used in and out of battle

That's... not really specific. It coulf be anything.

Evil team, Team Ivory. They plan rid the world of pokemon entirely, using cybernetic machines designed to defeat pokemon.

Oh, boy! I can picture the fandom breaking in even tinier pieces if they try something like this.

A past character plays an important role to this story.

Really, dude? Really?

Well, I guess this guy took the "don't be so specific in your leaks" to heart. This is why I think people read this thread or similar ones in other sites. Don't think this is true, though.

https://i.********/vp/1541244799014.png

Oooo I know this is off topic for the one leak at hand, but check these out!

I mean, they’re cute for sure, but there’s a Grass frog that has major similarities to both Treecko and Froakie, a Fire rodent that seems very similar to the Fennekin line in certain ways design-wise, and that Water line, however cool, seems like it goes from a Goomy copy to a Seacucumber-perior. They look pretty good, but I don’t expect them to be real.

Well, we don't know what exactly they want to meant by that.

It will be the first traditional main game on a home console, and they can't get away from this.
The fact that Pro Controller does not work in the LGPE, for example, is ridiculous imo. I hope that the fact of being a "more handheld-oriented game" doesn't mean that they will try to escape the situation.
Let's see what Masuda said:

The Pokemon Company’s president – Tsunekazu Ishihara – announced that the 2019 title will have more of a hands-on playstyle; can you tell us anything about that?

Masuda: For the Let’s Go games, we imagined that they’d be the kind of game that you’d play at home on your TV; the 2019 title, on the other hand, is the kind of game that one would play with their friends on their own Nintendo Switch systems. Those who are familiar with the series through the handheld titles will feel right at home – it’ll be more closely aligned to a traditional Pokemon game.
Being a traditional game comes at a cost if you want the home console feeling.

Let's see what Masuda said:

Being a traditional game comes at a cost if you want the home console feeling.

I honestly think they are referring mainly to the multiplayer factor.

I hope the series continues to evolve in many ways, and that now its fits more to a home console game style, in some ways.

Even because, the Switch is in part a home console. Many people will buy the 2019 games expecting to play them on their TV using a Pro Controller, for example.
And I hope Game Freak don't try to escape from that.

This image is a bit old.

I liked the designs, but if I'm not mistaken, it's already been proven as fake.

Last edited:

They're not bad designs... not real, certainly, but not bad.

Can't say I like the rabbit much when this one was designed so much better-
pokemon_gen_8_leak_potential_fire.jpg
Forever gonna be sad at the loss of smoke fluff fire rabbit. D=

A Melody is comprised of both Pitch and Rhythm though,
Yeah, that's true. I was trying to think of a name that'd be more like the percussive part under the melody, but I guess there's no easily-recognized term like that. (and not all songs have one, anyways)
maybe Harmony would be a suitable counterpart instead as they're quite distinct, could maybe work for a game that's theme is doing things as individuals (like a Melody) vs doing things together (like a Harmony).
That could be pretty great, but I feel like it kinda makes Harmony a secondary game? Since the harmony is the part that accompanies the melody, you can have melody without harmony, but you can't have harmony without melody.
The exception would be RGB, since Blue may be considered a third version for some, but we know that's not exactly the case. In Japan (where Blue can be considered as a third version) the first versions released were Red and Green, which no longer means exactly opposites. It's still fits into the theme of "primary colors", tho (Yellow is just a special version, and in Japan it's just called Pikachu Version, if I'm not mistaken)
"Just a special version" doesn't really make sense when there's no other special version to compare it to. Yellow's a game that has most of the same elements as RGB with extra features added in-that's generally what's considered a third version.

Oh I just noticed this paragraph- Red and Green actually are opposite colors! Moreso than Red and Blue, even. They're complimentary colors because they're on opposite sides of the color wheel. (and Green isn't a primary color)

I have no problem with the idea of Armo being a region or being musical based but the titles being Symphony and Melody? I think Melody and Rhythm would have been a better set of titles; the starters look kinda... meh at best? Also two flying legendaries again?

Please no. And no dragons either.

(and Green isn't a primary color)
Actually, that depends on what color theory you're using! Green is a secondary color of paint, but it's one of the primary colors of light! (Red, green, blue-if you've ever seen liquid on a screen and seen how the pixels look like that, that's why) That's why it's so common to see sets of four where the colors are red, yellow, green, and blue-because they're actually all primary colors! (Off the top of my head-the bigger Legos, Neopets, and the Player 1/2/3/4 cursors all tend to follow this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom