• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would like to see a starter trio that includes the 4 elements (Earth, air, fire, and water).

Now with a m̶e̶g̶a̶ Gigantamax
Reaction score
I would like to see a starter trio that includes the 4 elements (Earth, air, fire, and water).
I like the idea, but I personally feel like trying to fit 4 elements/themes into 3 Pokemon is a little cumbersome. I'd rather they do like a legendary quartet that encompasses that idea, as much as I don't like legendaries.

Besides, fire, water, and grass sort of already account for the fire, water, and Earth parts of it. And then, who gets air? Do we just tack flying on to one? Or try to distribute evenly?

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
How about:

Grass/Ground - Earth
Fire - Fire
Water/Flying - Water, Air

Or:
Grass/Flying - Air
Fire/Ground - Fire, Earth
Water - Water

I feel that Water and Air go well together. Or Fire and Earth.

Reaction score
Hmm what about...
Water -> Water
Grass/Ground -> Earth
Fire/Flying -> Fire and Air

or

Water/Flying
Grass/Ground
Fire/Electric

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Hmm what about...
Water -> Water
Grass/Ground -> Earth
Fire/Flying -> Fire and Air

or

Water/Flying
Grass/Ground
Fire/Electric
If we ever get a Fire/Electric type, Heat-Rotom is Electric/Fire so different primary type, I always hope it'll be a cheetah that blitzes around while emitting sparks. These sparks then can cause quite a few fires. It'll also remain on four legs.

Reaction score
I honestly believe we are never getting Electric as a starter type because of Pikachu.

Reaction score
How about:

Grass/Ground - Earth
Fire - Fire
Water/Flying - Water, Air

Or:
Grass/Flying - Air
Fire/Ground - Fire, Earth
Water - Water

I feel that Water and Air go well together. Or Fire and Earth.
What about just Earth, Wind & Fire?

Well, if you count the Orre games, we already had a second Electric starter (Jolteon). Could be cool to get a third one (specially one that's actually useful).

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I'm fine just as long as we get a non-Pika clone and non-Pikachu early game Electric-type, while Grubbin was the closest in this regard because of its evolutions, I want to be able to use a non-rodent Electric type early game.

Reaction score
Side-games aren't canon, so Jolteon doesn't count.
That's what I say if, and I was not talking about canon or not, I was talking about normal style games.

EDIT: I was also going to edit my post to make it clearer but you posted before I could.

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
I’m gonna make a prediction: the Grass Starter will be heavily associated with the female PC.

Now, while this is by no means a rule, I have noticed a pattern when it comes to Starters and the female PC.

Squirtle is associated with Leaf/Green, Chikorita is associated with Kris/Lyra, Torchic is associated with May. Piplup is associated with Dawn, Snivy is associated with Hilda/Rosa, Fennekin is associated with Serena, and Popplio is associated with Selene. It goes Water -> Grass -> Fire. Popplio was the beginning of the third chain, so I will assume that the Grass Starter will follow suit. The Fire Starter of Gen IX will then be associated with the female PC.

Here's a number I had saved just for this!
Reaction score
If we ever get there.

Wonder what would happen if one of the more recent generations gained control of nintendo.

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
As for the four elements/Starters, you could argue that Electric could sub in for Wind.

This would mean that Kanto actually had the Four Elements covered with Bulbasaur (Earth,) Charmander (Fire,) Squirtle (Water,) and Pikachu (Wind.) As of LGPE, we can even add Eevee as Aether/Void/Nothingness, if we really wanted to stretch the association.

Reaction score
If we ever get there.

Wonder what would happen if one of the more recent generations gained control of nintendo.
Hope for the best I guess. Just don't add any more memes and don't strip down the game and I'll be fine.

Reaction score
A thought: would the game having optional activities of strong difficulty for high reward be possible?

For example having to go through a forest without healing items giving you access to wild Stantler for the first Gym you encounter and beyond, with the first gym being one that would make such such a endeavor worth the effort due to difficulty.

Reaction score
I don't know. It's possible to program something like that, but I don't think they will do it.

Reaction score
Its gen 7 (Lets Go is gen 7 game) and i doubt we have Go connectivity in gen 8, since they already confirmed its for the hardcore fans.
yep meltan is gen 7 its dex number is 808 and its evolution Melmetal is dex number 809 the pokemon company recently confirmed it even check serebii

Status
Not open for further replies.