• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part Time Pokémon Master
Reaction score
> Alolan Marowak doesn't get Shadow Bone.

That moment when you're favourite Alola form gets the short end of the bone.

> Arcanine gets Play Rough.

Another good move added to the pool. Now all that's left is a Mega Evolution.
I feel this.
I know its not the best, but there's no Dragon Hammer Alolan Exeggutor either.

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
How would you feel about hyper realistic Pokemon in gen 8?

Like this:
I won't lie. I was apprehensive about the movie but now I'm actually interested in it. That said, this won't merge with the games well so no.

Reaction score
Ugh, the hyper realistic looks like nightmare stuffed animals come to life. Freaks me out. Like why make them creepy fluffy instead of just fluffy? And not all pokemon are fluffy. That charizard just looks wrong. I vote a biiiiig no on hyper realistic for the game unless they can actually make them fit in better...nope still don’t really want it.

Here's a number I had saved just for this!
Reaction score
Ugh, the hyper realistic looks like nightmare stuffed animals come to life. Freaks me out. Like why make them creepy fluffy instead of just fluffy? And not all pokemon are fluffy. That charizard just looks wrong. I vote a biiiiig no on hyper realistic for the game unless they can actually make them fit in better...nope still don’t really want it.
The charizard isn't fluffy. Those are scales. I think.

Reaction score
Interesting enough, if I'm not mistaken, they mention Sinnoh in the new Pikachu's live action trailer, don't they?

And Ryme City (the city where the game is played and where the movie will go) is inspired by London, right?

And I found this in Bulbapedia's page about Ryme City: "Although its location relative to other regions is unknown, the mention of Pokémon Trainers, Pokémon Rangers, Pokémon Contests, and the Alola region indicate that it is located in the same world as the core series games".

Many people think that the next region could be inspired by England, and that later we would have the remakes of Sinnoh.

Knowing the form of marketing of the TPC, what would be the chances of them being promoting two things in a single shot with this live action in 2019?

The only thing I find unlikely about all this is that from what I sought on Detective Pikachu's staff, no significant member of Game Freak had any relevant participation in the game. Unless they have previously telled to Detective Pikachu's staff about which region the next core games would be inspired, what I still think is a bit unlikely, but interesting enough to think about.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Stuff is advertised through movies all the time, they either show a product or tease of what's going to come. I'm almost certain a Sinnoh remake is coming in Gen 8. Otherwise, it would've been such a random pick considering the movie was being produced during the time that Kanto was receiving the most attention.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
I would like to see NPCs behave less like robots and more like actual people. After you talk to one, they just stand there or walk around a bit or just sit there saying the same bit of dialogue every time.

It's fun to explore the first time, but after it becomes tedious and dull.

Reaction score
No Pokemon learns it in LG through levels or TM. So it might be through breeding or move tutor.
Breeding is already confirmed not to be a thing and i doubt tutors are in the game at all, because of some tutor moves being TM's.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Stuff is advertised through movies all the time, they either show a product or tease of what's going to come. I'm almost certain a Sinnoh remake is coming in Gen 8. Otherwise, it would've been such a random pick considering the movie was being produced during the time that Kanto was receiving the most attention.
You do know that Gen 4 is coming to GO.

Nuzlocke Lover
Reaction score
Breeding is already confirmed not to be a thing and i doubt tutors are in the game at all, because of some tutor moves being TM's.
Ah, thanks for the info. Haven't really followed the Let's Go news at all.

Guess it's more for competitive then.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
You do know that Gen 4 is coming to GO.
Yeah, but considering the movie has reached trailer status recently, I highly doubt that Gen 4 was receiving attention at the time of production of the movie. While they could've been told to show a Gen 4 game in the movie, I highly doubt even the directors knew that Gen 4 would receive attention in the future. This is more likely a more recent addition to the movie to help push Sinnoh to the general public.

Not Dead
Reaction score
A single reference is not a lot of attention, and Go is just going through the motions. I believe that there aren't even any Sinnoh Pokemon in the trailer.

Also, Rhyme City is based on Boston. It has London elements because of Sherlock Holmes and the like.

Nepgear is cute.
Reaction score
The new Detective Pikachu movie looks very strange:

If the games looked more like this, I would cringe. But luckily this is only for Detective Pikachu, I hope.
Well, they are called Pocket Monsters for a reason: chances are that a majority pf Pokémon wouldn't be the most pleasant things to look at in real life. That being said, I do think Psyduck looks a little too furry for a duck.

Reaction score
Yay! The cutscene skipping is optional! Now I don't have to worry about pressing Start(?) by mistake!

On topic: I feel that Jigglypuff is going to stab me once I fall asleep. Thank for the nightmares, Hollywood!

Status
Not open for further replies.