• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, we could be finding hints already. And this morning I was just thinking "What if they hide some hints for the new games in Let's Go?".

It odes look very similar to the Bahamas yes, but a big part of me wants them to do something that's not too tropical again. Hoen was somewhat tropical, and Alola is based off the Hawaiin Islands, so we've already had some very tropical games in the last 4 years. That being said, if they can do enough to make it different, I don't even mind. And I think it's just really cool we're already seeing possible evidence of the next games already.

I am really hoping for a less island heavy region and more for a Southern Hemisphere region such as Brazil or South Africa.

But a Canadian region would be beautiful, have colder climates and not too focused on islands.
At least if they only focus on one or two islands, it mightn't be too island-heavy, just treated like a regular landmass surrounded by water. Like Sinnoh and Hoenn don't get the island treatment, that I know of, and they're both regions surrounded mostly by water.

At least if they only focus on one or two islands, it mightn't be too island-heavy, just treated like a regular landmass surrounded by water. Like Sinnoh and Hoenn don't get the island treatment, that I know of, and they're both regions surrounded mostly by water.
Well, there was sootopolis and Mossdeep and victory road and quite a few others. There's a reason for "too much water".

So far, 3 out of the 5 Pokemon games released in the past 5 years have been in tropical regions, with XY and LGPE being the only games released since the franchise went 3D that aren't set in the tropics. We haven't had a traditional Pokemon game set in a more temperate or cold environment since 2013.

So far, 3 out of the 5 Pokemon games released in the past 5 years have been in tropical regions, with XY and LGPE being the only games released since the franchise went 3D that aren't set in the tropics. We haven't had a traditional Pokemon game set in a more temperate or cold environment since 2013.
And that's precisely why I don't want another tropical region.

I tried tracing the mystery map as well as the Bahamas and Scandinavia to compare their shapes- my apologies for the blurry resolution but here:
index.png

I think generally it has more in common with the Bahamas than with Scandinavia, but I don't think either map really fits, so I wonder if there is maybe some other location that hasn't been suggested yet?

I tried tracing the mystery map as well as the Bahamas and Scandinavia to compare their shapes- my apologies for the blurry resolution but here:
View attachment 114283
I think generally it has more in common with the Bahamas than with Scandinavia, but I don't think either map really fits, so I wonder if there is maybe some other location that hasn't been suggested yet?
I haven't seen much else, and I'm having a hard time finding similar islands

Thank you AND fuck you, GF, for doing this to us.

At least we will most likely know something concrete within a couple of months.

I just hope this doesn't turn into another "that Granbull is blue, there are non-Kanto Alola forms!" moment.

Yes, people believed that the Granbull mascot in Sun/Moon was an Alola form. Even after they datamined the demo. That was weird.

The problem with that is. I lack patience XD. So I have to suffer and make stretch of guesses
Oh, i'm totally on the side of I WANT TO KNOW ALL THE NEW POKEMON RIGHT JUST NOW, so i'm very eagerly awaiting the new games' announcement in JANUARY.

Totally gonna remain convinced that they will be revealed in January.

Like. I'm INSANELY jealous of the few people that have seen all of the new Pokemon

Also, my post number is a palindrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom