• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting enough, if I'm not mistaken, they mention Sinnoh in the new Pikachu's live action trailer, don't they?

And Ryme City (the city where the game is played and where the movie will go) is inspired by London, right?

And I found this in Bulbapedia's page about Ryme City: "Although its location relative to other regions is unknown, the mention of Pokémon Trainers, Pokémon Rangers, Pokémon Contests, and the Alola region indicate that it is located in the same world as the core series games".

Many people think that the next region could be inspired by England, and that later we would have the remakes of Sinnoh.

Knowing the form of marketing of the TPC, what would be the chances of them being promoting two things in a single shot with this live action in 2019?

The only thing I find unlikely about all this is that from what I sought on Detective Pikachu's staff, no significant member of Game Freak had any relevant participation in the game. Unless they have previously telled to Detective Pikachu's staff about which region the next core games would be inspired, what I still think is a bit unlikely, but interesting enough to think about.

Taking into account the information we have so far (mentioned in the post in the spoiler above), and the similarity with the UK, I would say that there is a much better chance of being a region inspired by that, than being something "off the curve" like Bahamas or Scandinavia...It looks much more with the UK format than the Bahamas or Scandinavia ones to me, as well.

But, I'm still not sure how important that map is. Has anyone checked if there are no other random maps somewhere in the game? (If there aren't others like that, it would be a very specific thing to be put alone in the game like that. So then, I would think the chances of having hidden intentions behind that map would be increased.)

Still, some things don't fit. I was told that Ryme City is inspired by Boston with some littles London inspirations only. (I'm not sure since I didn't play the Detective Pikachu game, and despite this, the live action was filmed in London).

And we have other references besides this map of Let's Go to take into consideration, as Ryuki.

Personally, I would like a region inspired by Spain this time. But UK would be nice too.

Last edited:
If pictures on calendars are anything to go by, Serebii's world map is cannon, so I don't know about this one. However, I have a couple of theories:

The map is a picture of the Bahamas (Andros and Nassau specifically?), but the Bahamas are actually post game like Sevii Islands. The main game is some where else.

The map is something else. I'm still combing through pictures, but the closest thing I can find currently is Lantau Island off of China.

I don't think its Scandinavia or the UK. The later would require omitting all of the rest of Ireland. Scandinavia might work if the smaller island is Iceland, but I guess it wouldn't include Finland?

Edit: I'm beginning to realize my knowledge of geography is extremely lacking.

Last edited:
I don't think its Scandinavia or the UK. The later would require omitting all of the rest of Ireland. Scandinavia might work if the smaller island is Iceland, but I guess it wouldn't include Finland?

Makes sense...

Now I am skeptical about that map. I mean, it could be a random thing too. Maybe they wanted to include calendars in the game, and then someone slap a random island at it, and that's it...That's why I wondered if there were others like that in the game...

It also doesn't look much like Bahamas to me.

It also doesn't look much like Bahamas to me.
It doesn't look like The Bahamas to me. And, I don't want the region to be based on the Bahamas. It's way too soon for it, especially after Alola. We're due for another temperate/cold region. As I mentioned earlier, we haven't had a traditional mainline Pokemon game set outside the tropics since 2013.

The later would require omitting all of the rest of Ireland.
Wouldn't be the first time:
Kalos On France.jpg

Wouldn't be the first time:

But northern Ireland is visible in the image with ocean surrounding it. The Kalos map just cuts off, but it doesn't erase Southern France from existence. If the island is suppose to be all of Ireland, then the scale is way off.

Is asking for the entirety of Hong Kong too much? I really want the entirety of Hong Kong. Looking at tourist maps and such, there are a lot of cool landmarks they could make and put in the region. I might be ignorant of what the UK has to offer, but I'm afraid it would end up too similar to Kalos visually.

But northern Ireland is visible in the image with ocean surrounding it. The Kalos map just cuts off, but it doesn't erase Southern France from existence. If the island is suppose to be all of Ireland, then the scale is way off.

Is asking for the entirety of Hong Kong too much? I really want the entirety of Hong Kong. Looking at tourist maps and such, there are a lot of cool landmarks they could make and put in the region. I might be ignorant of what the UK has to offer, but I'm afraid it would end up too similar to Kalos visually.
It might just be GF taking creative liberties with the map. Or we're reading too much into this and it's nothing.

Hong Kong does offer the return to Asian culture and has some beautiful locations.

I am sure GF will find a way to make each European region different. They did it with the first four regions all being based on Japanese locations.

Oh, I agree that it would be interesting to see a region inspired by Hong Kong or elsewhere in China (I know that Hong Kong has a considerably different culture, and that only belongs to China administratively, but still they have some similarities).

And we really already have many indications that we can really have a region inspired by China in the next games. Like Ryuki and his inspirations, the fact that Ryuki says that he "crossed the ocean" (China and Hawaii are separated by the Pacific Ocean), the fact that it will be the eighth generation (the number 8 is a lucky symbol in the Chinese superstitious imaginary. And well, we had the seventh generation coincidentally being inspired by Hawaii), Yungoos possible origins and so on...

Really can happen. But I would still prefer Spain or UK for the eighth generation imo. China is the exactly region where I want the ninth generation to be inspired of tbh.

And well, the UK can shares some similarities with France visually. But it still would be possible to do something quite different too...

With the Switch hardware and a London's inspiration, it would be possible to make the player feel like he is in a really big modern european city.

With many cars, and buses (they could even use those concepts of Sun and Moon, that Pokémon Center ambulance, and that fire truck with a Blastoise).

3e4152ec5ff5cb952c6306bf7b16144e3f4a8c69_hq.jpg

CcJonZMUcAAaUu4.jpg

With really tall buildings and fire hydrants everywhere, and all of those things that big modern cities have today, but with the European's aesthetics...(I think that if may be Lumiose were built with the Switch hardware, it would seems a bit redundant. But it wasn't).

Edit
Ryuki*

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the three
maps in the Weather Institute in ORAS?

The middle one I believe is Kanto. The other two I can't figure out.

But still, if they are unknown regions, then nothing came from them. The same could be applied to the new map.

Does anyone remember the three
maps in the Weather Institute in ORAS?

The middle one I believe is Kanto. The other two I can't figure out.

But still, if they are unknown regions, then nothing came from them. The same could be applied to the new map.

Besides that map that people say that is supposed to be the Serebii's one, I don't remember of any other...Do you have any pictures? I searched for it, but I didn't find any.

Besides that map that people say that is supposed to be the Serebii's one, I don't remember of any other...Do you have any pictures? I searched for it, but I didn't find any.
Here: (Excuse the terrible quality)
IMG_20181115_193029.jpg

IMG_20181115_194739.jpg

IMG_20181115_193523.jpg

Lauralegal pointed out that it might be Sinnoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom