• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally hoping the next region is temperate, so that they won't repeat a climate when they remake Sinnoh.

I don’t know if Game Freak will continue with “third versions” or try to make sequels again, but if we don’t get DLC updates we might be looking at another 3 sets of games located in a cold region.

If D/P remakes are the plan for Gen VIII then there's a possibility we'll see a setup like Gen VI: the primary pair, with the remakes closing the story for that gen.

Instead of looking at maps, what about the Eevee moves. With that eevee in the anime now, I have a strong feeling that we are gonna get either a steel or flying eeveelution. Or both. With Sinnoh remakes next, both of those types make sense, as they are both strong against ice and grass, resoectively. Which are the Sinnoh eeveelution types.
Hmm? There are no steel and flying eevee moves though?

So how long do you think it'll take until we get gen VIII news. I'm gonna bet sometime around summer next year.

I really hope we get Gen 8 news sooner rather than later, I would just like to forget that LGPE have ever existed as a main series game in general. So maybe May is good enough.

So how long do you think it'll take until we get gen VIII news. I'm gonna bet sometime around summer next year.
Depending on the possible backlash from LGPE, they might either announce it as early as February (they still need to give LGPE some time in the spotlight), but might hold off until Autum or early Spring if LGPE has a good enough reputation.

We almost always get a new Pokemon reveal in the Feb Corocoro issue so that'll likely be the first real news we get.

With new gens we tend to get first news sooner rather than later.

It doesn't seem like they have much plans for LGPE post-launch, nor does it seem like people will keep people busy for anything longer than 1-2 months.

I'm really hoping the announcement is earlier in the year considering the games are technically already announced. I'm hoping the handle things X/Y style but I'd be content with news in February instead

For regional discussion (I know I'm late sorry) I would really like Ireland getting some love. The idea of a Gaelic themed region sounds really nice to me. We could start out in a small little village and live in a cute little stone cottage~ Plus some pokemon based on Celtic myths and things would be lovely! It could also be used to give a more 'natural' setting with more traditional themes and stuff kind of like Johto is compared to Kanto.

Maybe give us a Dark/Fairy that isn't cutesy and friendly like in a lot of old myths about the critters.

Maybe give us a Dark/Fairy that isn't cutesy and friendly like in a lot of old myths about the critters.
The Pooka would be a perfect fit. It's a mischievous fairy that can even have dark fur.
Or even the banshee could work.

A leprechaun Pokemon would be a great fit. But instead of it being a small humanoid Pokemon, it can be made of stone and be Fairy/Rock type.

Ooh yes I really like that! Though considering I always see them associated with clover, Fairy/Grass is another typing I could see for a leprechaun pokemon. Its design could use a bit of a cute-animal motif as well so we don't get a creepy uncanny valley humanoid to go with Mr. Mime.
Ah, the Shamrock. Maybe it can be incorporated into the leprechaun's design such as the Flabebe line. But it'll be an actual Fairy/Grass type.

They can really expand the amount of Fairies with an Irish region. But not go too overboard with them.

And for inanimate objects they could go with Dradga's Harp which is made of oak and could be used to command the order of battle. But also play the most beautiful music. So maybe Grass/Fighting or Grass/Fairy or just plain Grass type.

January. Januray 20 at the latest, to me.

Also, I honestly don't see a new eeveelution happening, unless you thinking about something new to it introduce.

Umbreon/Espeon - Day/Night cicle, Dark Type
Leafon/Glaceon - Physical and Special split
Sylveon - Fairy Type and Affection

Steel and Flying Eeveelutions - ?

Also, after the fiasco earlier this year, I don't want to think about Eeveelutions for a time.

Honestly, there was no fiasco, people were just a little naive about all that "Eevee promotion".

But if you looked carely at the scenario that was forming, you would see what they were really projecting at the time. Look at these old comments:

"The word "Project" is colored with the colors of eeveelutions and the word "eevee" is colored with the eevee colors obviously. We may even have a new eeveelution coming out of there, but that logo doesn't imply anything sincerely."

"About Eevee's appearance in the movie, I think if it will introduce something new, it will not be a "common" eveelution, but rather a new gimmick or a brand new type eeveelution. They would not give this focus into it to be just a "common" eeveelution. Of course it can be just a regular eevee either, but it's really curious how much attention they're giving to this Pokémon recently."

Edit
Those was before LGPE announcement, obviously.

Last edited:
The latest for me would be early June just before E3. The earliest would be early January. I can be quite patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom