• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I kind of realized something while sitting around thinking.

What we, the Pokemon Fandom, are looking for in Gen 4 remakes isn't a straight up remake. We're looking for an ORAS style remake. ORAS took the familiar story of RSE and added some twists to it. That's what we want in DP remakes. At least, that's what I want. (Also cute outfits. Sue me.)

I wouldn't be open to all twists, especially not from the GO environment. I swear if GF exploit DP remakes for the sake of Let's GO...

Honestly, the only twists I want for the Diamond and Pearl remakes are the removal of HMs (especially since Sinnoh is infamous for having you require two HM users in total at all times), a Delta Episode sort of story involving Giratina and Arceus in some way and more dynamic camera angles if the player can't control them (I hope they let the players control the camera, it is completely doable on the Switch).

I meant story wise. ORAS had the delta episode and the whole mega subplot with Steven as well as expanding on Aqua and Magma's motivations (which didn't really make sense in RSE from what I gather).

I can see Team Galactic opening up rifts throughout Sinnoh to look for Cyrus, this off course affects the Distortion World in a negative way, which angers Giratina (can't blame him for being angry about the destruction of his home), so Giratina goes on a rampage throughout Sinnoh. This however makes the problem worse as it puts the whole universe in danger, which off course angers Arceus to the point of wanting to destroy the Pokemon World, but in doing so will destroy the Distortion World as well since it is linked to the Pokemon world, resulting in a Giratina vs Arceus battle in the climax, with the player helping Giratina since at least the Distortion World existing will allow the Pokemon World to keep existing as well.

I can see Team Galactic opening up rifts throughout Sinnoh to look for Cyrus, this off course affects the Distortion World in a negative way, which angers Giratina (can't blame him for being angry about the destruction of his home), so Giratina goes on a rampage throughout Sinnoh. This however makes the problem worse as it puts the whole universe in danger, which off course angers Arceus to the point of wanting to destroy the Pokemon World, but in doing so will destroy the Distortion World as well since it is linked to the Pokemon world, resulting in a Giratina vs Arceus battle in the climax, with the player helping Giratina since at least the Distortion World existing will allow the Pokemon World to keep existing as well.
"In order to save the world I must destroy it."
"But Arceus that doesn't make sense."
"You shut your mouth boy, I am God!"

Post game episodes, I feel, were the 3DS era's common feature across games. Looker Episode in XY, Delta Episode in ORAS, UB Episode in SM, Team Rainbow Rocket Episode in USUM.

The DS era was famous, I feel, for its battle facilities and side facilities such as Contests, PokeAthlon, Musicals. This might have started with Emerald and/or Ruby and Sapphire. Since in this era we had the two Battle Frontiers, PokeStar Studios which was battling done different and the start of the Battle Institute.

So what will be the Switch's defining feature across games?

With each set of remakes giving us something different, FRLG and the Sevii Islands, HGSS and the Battle Frontier + PokeAthlon, ORAS and the Delta Episode, Sinnoh remakes would add something different to the scene.

So I don't think that we'll get a post game episode for Sinnoh remakes, but something else. Not sure what that would be yet.

@KiranTheWitch Thank you, I was about to post this, actually:

Hey guys, about that empty registered domain (pokemonpastfuture.com), I found out that its registration date (April 9th) matches with the appearance of this video in the community (April 1st). So, like I said, probably some fan registered the domain with some intention. "Why then does it has the address of that company in Hong Kong?" There may be several reasons for that. Like maybe the Chinese company is just the keeper of the server that keeps the website up or something. But in fact, what matters to us is that this company has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo.

(its* registration date...)

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm the only one who wants this but for Gen 8 I'd rather we only have access to new Pokemon rather than old ones; after XY/SM/USUM I feel that it would be the best approach.

Not sure if I'm the only one who wants this but for Gen 8 I'd rather we only have access to new Pokemon rather than old ones; after XY/SM/USUM I feel that it would be the best approach.

I'd like that too.

But I find it very unlikely to happen when it comes to the 8th gene. As it will be the first iteration of the traditional series on the Switch, I think it is much more likely that they will do something more drawn to a traditional side (just like XY). Maybe, in the ninth generation.

Hey, has anyone else seen the list of Partner Pokemon Gifts in Let's Go? Does anyone think they might have any significance? Also what's up with some of them being gen 2 references? The Gold Leaf and Silver leaf are supposedly gen II items and the Small Bouquet says it was made "with heart and soul"

There's also leaf letters written with footprints (a possible reference to footprint runes from the mystery dungeon series?) and a Tropical Shell that says "A beautiful white shell that may have drifted from a sea in a warm region". The rest are miscellaneous items that don't have any immediate significance:

Beach Glass, Chalky Stone, Lone Earring, Marble, Polished Mud Ball, and a Stretchy Spring

Edit: I also just realized that Gold and Silver are the names for the gen 2 games so the leaves could also be a reference in that regard.

Last edited:
I'd say the regional Dex should be half old Pokémon and half new Pokémon like a 50-50 split, with each of the previous generations represented equally.

so paul ryan's been tweeting again (pokeshopper) and mentioned the first takara tomy figurine sheets of 2019. the topic of something gen 8 related came up in the replies to which someone said that they thought there was no chance of it being gen 8 related, to which pokeshopper disagreed and mentioned having seen merchandising scans that went all the way up till summer 2019.

If he's implying that there's a sillouette or hidden pokemon or w/e in scans meant for early 2019, it'll presumably be a new pokemon that'll be featured in M22. Would this showing up in an early 2019 scan mean that we're
perhaps getting an announcement earlier (jan-feb) instead of later? As usual, there's a chance it could amount to nothing but it's still something interesting to keep in mind.

Maybe...
If they do need to include Pokemon from previous generation there should be a balance so that the new Gen 8 Pokemon don't get overshadowed by the old ones. *looks at XY and SuMo/USUM*

The problem is how to find the said balance, since we already have many old ones. They could use a few of the old ones and add many new, for example, add 120 new Pokémon and use 120 of the old ones...but honestly, if it would be to use the old ones, I'd rather have a really bigger dex like XY (with 400+ mons).

Honestly, do you know what would be cool and "disruptive"? Something that would certainly impact the community if they wanted to follow the example of Botw...The first game (after RGBY) with all the Pokémon in it. All 800 plus the new ones. But I think this is even more unlikely than having a dex with just new pokémon in the eighth generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom