• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Bwj8AllIAAASKGb.jpg
    Bwj8AllIAAASKGb.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 82
Interesting. Very interesting.

I still don’t know how I feel about SEA being the region, since we just had two tropical regions back to back with ORAS Hoenn and Alola... and when I think of Sri Lanka, my brain goes to images from the 90s and 00s of the Tamil Tigers in the jungles.

Personally I’d want something like Siberia. Just frozen ass tundra and nothing but you and your starter versus the world but... I like my grimdark and icehellscapes and lava hellscapes

Also my gut keeps telling me we are going back to Japan or Europe for a region but that’s more because I want the Pokémon equivalent of Spain/Italy and explain where the train in Kalos leads to and have the Pokémon equivalent of Roman and Etruscan ruins and Venice and Madrid and all that... Alas

Regardless, Piuk’s rumors sound credible and I’m sure if the Gen 8 region is based on Sri Lanka than it’ll be awesome and I can’t wait.

Also, airport? Two things that struck me as: 1) the mechanic to train Eeeve in Skyleon and 2) airport may also be the way they release DLC to small regions or other areas like the Sevii Islands in the future...

Interesting. Very interesting.

I still don’t know how I feel about SEA being the region, since we just had two tropical regions back to back with ORAS Hoenn and Alola... and when I think of Sri Lanka, my brain goes to images from the 90s and 00s of the Tamil Tigers in the jungles.

Personally I’d want something like Siberia. Just frozen ass tundra and nothing but you and your starter versus the world but... I like my grimdark and icehellscapes and lava hellscapes

Also my gut keeps telling me we are going back to Japan or Europe for a region but that’s more because I want the Pokémon equivalent of Spain/Italy and explain where the train in Kalos leads to and have the Pokémon equivalent of Roman and Etruscan ruins and Venice and Madrid and all that... Alas

Regardless, Piuk’s rumors sound credible and I’m sure if the Gen 8 region is based on Sri Lanka than it’ll be awesome and I can’t wait.

Also, airport? Two things that struck me as: 1) the mechanic to train Eeeve in Skyleon and 2) airport may also be the way they release DLC to small regions or other areas like the Sevii Islands in the future...
I've decided to don't believe to him after that I found out about that China project in Sri Lanka. Making the chinese the evil team with such evidence is really too much.

I've decided to don't believe to him after that I found out about that China project in Sri Lanka. Making the chinese the evil team with such evidence is really too much.
Are we even certain that this new "leak" came from Piuk though?

I'm actually very excited about the prospect of a SEA / Sri Lankan inspired region. There's a lot of lore that can be bought into this such as the the ancient city of Lankapura, its ancient royal family, the Hinduism motif, there is also a lot of legends about sky beings in ancient stories and ancient monsters hiding in walls. Even from an origin point, Ancient beliefs say that the island formed as a result of a giant rupture, and that this traumatic rupture came as a punishment for the wickedness of ten-armed and ten-headed mythical creature, Ravana. If we can get something close to the amount of mythology and inspiration Alola took from Hawaii, we will be in for a real treat :) There is so much potential right here !

The "give/take" duality has been done before with Xerneas and Yveltal, and even the "snake legendary" part wouldn't be new. The "let's empty the villages" plot sounds dumb (regardless of the similarity to China's involvement, which has a more sensible goal) and revisiting Alola/Unova would be random.

I am not remotely convinced or impressed.

The "give/take" duality has been done before with Xerneas and Yveltal, and even the "snake legendary" part wouldn't be new. The "let's empty the villages" plot sounds dumb (regardless of the similarity to China's involvement, which has a more sensible goal) and revisiting Alola/Unova would be random.

I am not remotely convinced or impressed.
You seriously think a pokemon can convince you by having a "good" story? Ha! They're usually cliched and done before at best. And that's coming from some who likes the stories.

I really like the idea behind the snakes actually. This is the first leak i haven't felt inclined to shoot down because it has some context and makes what seems to be decent educated guesses from a speculative sense.

Don't dismay at the idea of Moving the towns people into the city idea (if it's true) until we find out why they are doing it. This already indicates a major shift in character placement as it implies the usual "give them a couple of walking spaces and a line or two and call it an NPC" will be disrupted in more stark ways than we've seen before.

Filling an entire city means old characters will have new perspectives and things to say which for one, i hope is a frequent thing with more characters outside the main bunch, and two it suggest how persuasive our new evil doers are. How do you convince people to leave their old life behind for a big new change unless it's something that's controversial enough to split the community down the middle.

This evil plan may also create bad PR in China because it is similar to an economic plan that China is doing in Sri Lanka and I don't think that they want it to be portrayed in a negative light. If this rumor turns out to be true, then the games will flop in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom