• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what the big deal is about giving Ash an Alolan Sandshrew (or another Pokemon, but that's my bet) by June if the series ends in November. Snorunt only had 5 months of screentime.
I actually don't see what the big deal is about Ash having just 5 pokemon. It's not like they gave major attention to the importance of creating a full team ready for the League this time. Everyone spends time in a different way in Alola, Ash is on holiday. Why exactly does he need 6 pokemon?

Rowlet decided to join Ash.
Litten is just the old story of the fire starter in trouble who needs help.
Professor Kukui decided Rockruff should go with Ash.
Lusamine asked Ash to catch Poipole.

I mean, it's not like Ash is building a team or he's really trying to catch new pokemon this time.

Last edited:
Nice art! :cool: /vp/ - Discuss Meania - Pokémon - 4chan
"This is an art used in a video by an italian youtuber (Pokemon Millenium) who gave his opinion about Piuk's leak. He made some very good guesses imo, unfortunately the video is in italian" someone wrote. but even without this info it seems to similat to alola so fake.

"This is an art used in a video by an italian youtuber (Pokemon Millenium) who gave his opinion about Piuk's leak. He made some very good guesses imo, unfortunately the video is in italian" someone wrote. but even without this info it seems to similat to alola so fake.
That was taken from a video about the leak made by the guys who covered the fake starters leak. It's a fan art.

The main problem with it to me is that Piuk has largely implied that there is only one island in his leak- if that's the case, Meania is really dang small. If what they're implying is that the entirety of Unova is in the game, would they really make the new region that much smaller than the old one? This island seems roughly the size of a single Alolan island, which would be a wild decision to make when the Switch has so much more space for designing and executing a large region.

Now I'm spinning my wheels though... imagining some kind of Pokemon Tourist Edition, where you can't visit old regions in their entirety, but you can visit a few of the more notable cities, and some of the more interesting local environments, like Castelia City and Chargestone Cave from Gen 5, Ecruteak City and the Unown Ruins from Gen 2, ect. The obvious downside would be how badly people would want to explore the rest of all of those regions... its interesting to think about though.

Last edited:
The main problem with it to me is that Piuk has largely implied that there is only one island in his leak- if that's the case, Meania is really dang small.
I think the reason you think is small is because of the drawing there. If the city we see on the far right is bigger than Lumiose, Castelia or even Hau'oli City, the rest of the Map becomes way bigger. The main blob of the island could be bigger than Unova and Sinnoh in size, with a lot of towns or cities hidden in the jungle/trees, and then the Big city is just a tiny part of the region.

Meania is too small for a Pokemon region. It looks like the size of a single Alolan island.
While I still believe that leak is fake, we have however no real hint to how big is the island and I don't think that a paint blob or a fan art can be indicative of anything. Just to be clear, the entire Unova region is based on a city so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom