• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I still believe that leak is fake, we have however no real hint to how big is the island and I don't think that a paint blob or a fan art can be indicative of anything. Just to be clear, the entire Unova region is based on a city so...
Except Unova got a size increase so it is now the same size as Kanto and Johto. Regions aren't the same size as their real life counterparts.

What even is this?
/vp/ - Discuss Meania - Pokémon - 4chan

I mean smash was going to be at E3 2018 either way, where else are they going to show the game? so I don't think that slimmers the chance of a pokemon 2018 release

That was taken from a video about the leak made by the guys who covered the fake starters leak. It's a fan art.
did i say otherwise i just stated that even without this line the art looks far to much like alola such it would have been easy to know its a fake

Also tomorrow there's the spike chunsoft stream, if they don't announce a new mystery dungeon game there's better chances for pokemon switch

Here's why I think that this leak is fake:
1. The turbo mechanic defeats the whole purpose of training Pokemon. Why would there be a whole mechanic for buffing weak Pokemon when there's already an item that does just that.
2. The villainous plot is too close to a real life project China is doing and GF never bases their plots on recent events.
3. I don't think that Meania is the region name because it lacks a long o sound when almost all region names have one.
4. I don't think that there will be multiple regions because GF has proven that they can't handle it.

Here's why I think that this leak is fake:
1. The turbo mechanic defeats the whole purpose of training Pokemon. Why would there be a whole mechanic for buffing weak Pokemon when there's already an item that does just that.
2. The villainous plot is too close to a real life project China is doing and GF never bases their plots on recent events.
3. I don't think that Meania is the region name because it lacks a long o sound when almost all region names have one.
4. I don't think that there will be multiple regions because GF has proven that they can't handle it.
While I agree that the leak is probably fake, I just wanted to address your first point. If there were a “turbo mechanic” for buffing weak Pokémon, I think you might be misunderstanding it. You’d still have to train them. By “weak” they most likely refer to Pokémon with low stats, not Pokémon that haven’t been leveled up. Otherwise it wouldn’t work with competitive or battle facilities.

Also, again, agreeing that it’s fake, but point number 3 is a rather weak argument, isn’t it? There isn’t any specific naming convention, I think they just all happen to coincidentally have an O in their names. And isn’t Unova pronounced differently? I guess I haven’t seen the anime for it, but I always thought the stress was on the U, and the O and A both have a “Ə” sound.

While I agree that the leak is probably fake, I just wanted to address your first point. If there were a “turbo mechanic” for buffing weak Pokémon, I think you might be misunderstanding it. You’d still have to train them. By “weak” they most likely refer to Pokémon with low stats, not Pokémon that haven’t been leveled up.
Still, there's Eviolite for that.

Still, there's Eviolite for that.
Well, yes and no. Defensive Pokémon greatly benefit from the eviolite. But that’s only one kind of Pokémon, and only if they’re not fully evolved. I feel like this alleged mechanic would help out Pokémon that can’t make use of that, such as sunflora, or mah boi butterfree, or sudowoodo... you know, stuff that just needs a LITTLE help to possibly compete with the big boys.

Well, yes and no. Defensive Pokémon greatly benefit from the eviolite. But that’s only one kind of Pokémon, and only if they’re not fully evolved. I feel like this alleged mechanic would help out Pokémon that can’t make use of that, such as sunflora, or mah boi butterfree, or sudowoodo... you know, stuff that just needs a LITTLE help to possibly compete with the big boys.

Also Ledian, Furret... God, so many of my favorite Pokemon design-wise are really not all that good, and I would love a mechanic that could help them.

Weak base stat totals. Pokémon like Spinda, Luvdisc, and the sort who can't evolve and have bad stats.

(Just explaining the mechanic because i think it makes sense even tho i think the leak is fake)

Edit: Kinda Ninja'd by Butterfree
Still, equality will never be achieved in the competitive metagame. Some Pokemon will always be better than others. And, I took weak as meaning not fully evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom