• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A closer look at the posters from Alolan GF HQ
/vp/ - Straight from the Alolan GF HQ - Pokémon - 4chan
Just lurked into the games files to search for them, found them but the quality is not that better (I might be searching in the wrong files tho)

A29wdUu.png

Okay, now that all of that's over, we wait for April. I don't know if they even teased anything in Coro Coro, so if the merch can reveal Zeraora, we will be back.

Okay, now that all of that's over, we wait for April. I don't know if they even teased anything in Coro Coro, so if the merch can reveal Zeraora, we will be back.
Marshadow was revealed through a trailer on April 8th. I'm expecting Zeraora before the 8th actually cause this time the announcements seem to come faster (first trailer, Lugia's distribution etc).

Just lurked into the games files to search for them, found them but the quality is not that better (I might be searching in the wrong files tho)

A29wdUu.png
The 4th one is starting to look more like Cresslia.

A29wdUu.png
Could the gold silver and blue-purple ones just be there to advertise Gold Silver and Crystal Virtual console? If so, then only the other two are important.

> No pokemon from other regions until late game :cry: :cry::cry:

/vp/ - Pokemon Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan
I wouldnt mind if this is true but he is clearly piggybacking off of Piuk. And unfortunately i dont think GF will ever do a gen with a big number of new Pokémon that they dont even have old pokémons like bw again.

A29wdUu.png

At least these aren't slanted, thanks.

The red one kind of looks like Primal Groudon to me, but the yellow and purple logo seems out of place. Actually, the purple text kind of looks like Unown, but I can't make out any letters except a U and maybe an L. Even if that's true I have no idea what the yellow part is.

The images (in-game screenshots?) under it could really be anything, but they look like they could have the right colors to be from RSE. The fourth one jumps out at me as a route like this and the first one could be from the Mt. Chimney/Jagged Pass area.

The blue poster also kind of looks like Unown letters, with the bottom line starting with an X or Y and the third letter an I, but the poster itself definitely looks like either Lunala or Dawn Wings Necrozma to me. Since it's paired with the yellow one, that one could be Solgaleo, as I think some other people have suggested.

The fifth poster actually made me think of Kyurem before anything else, but the yellow parts aren't really angled correctly to be its eyes. I can definitely see how people are seeing Giratina in it.

While these are super interesting and really fun to analyze, I'm not sure whether GameFreak would make any genuine foreshadowing so obvious. There wasn't anything about the old Alolan Exeggutor poster in ORAS that screamed "new game" like these posters scream "cover legendaries," and I'm not sure whether they'd want to give a hint the same way twice.

I'd be quite happy to be wrong, though.

> No pokemon from other regions until late game :cry: :cry::cry:

/vp/ - Pokemon Leaks - Pokémon - 4chan
I'm thinking that this is fake. GF isn't going to ever introduce a large number of new Pokemon again. Also, 112 is too small for a regional dex. There would be a lot of type variety issues similar to Diamond and Pearl.

Regarding Spike Chunsoft, it's worth noting that all five of the announced games (one of them being a re-announcement) are localizations of released/known games. PMD would have actually felt out of place in the panel, especially as the series is published by Nintendo.

In Japan, Spike Chunsoft only has one game lined up for this year: Zanki Zero. They had two last year and three before that. Granted, their output isn't constant, but there may be another card hidden up their sleeve.

Regarding Spike Chunsoft, it's worth noting that all five of the announced games (one of them being a re-announcement) are localizations of released/known games. PMD would have actually felt out of place in the panel, especially as the series is published by Nintendo.

In Japan, Spike Chunsoft only has one game lined up for this year: Zanki Zero. They had two last year and three before that. Granted, their output isn't constant, but there may be another card hidden up their sleeve.

350.png

Everyone is over here wanting a PMD game and I just want Pokemon Conquest 2...

Also, I am not seeing what others are saying in the posters. They could be Easter Eggs, they could just be random art. I think people saying it is hints to Gen 8 or DPPt Remakes are painting onto them their wish fulfillment. Which is okay, that's why we are all here - to speculate.

However, I think this plays into the whole information vacuum we are in: people will begin to grasp at straws and see mirages in an attempt to try and find something

Everyone is over here wanting a PMD game and I just want Pokemon Conquest 2...

Also, I am not seeing what others are saying in the posters. They could be Easter Eggs, they could just be random art. I think people saying it is hints to Gen 8 or DPPt Remakes are painting onto them their wish fulfillment. Which is okay, that's why we are all here - to speculate.

However, I think this plays into the whole information vacuum we are in: people will begin to grasp at straws and see mirages in an attempt to try and find something
There has been evidence of them sneaking hints into... I think the in-game Game Freak office in past games, so the posters aren't an unreasonable place to look for answers but at the same time they're blurred enough that there's really no way that we're going to know what we're looking at until after the games are announced anyway.

There has been evidence of them sneaking hints into... I think the in-game Game Freak office in past games, so the posters aren't an unreasonable place to look for answers but at the same time they're blurred enough that there's really no way that we're going to know what we're looking at until after the games are announced anyway.

Exactly my point. This isn't like the Strange Souviner which was blatant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom