• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk how we are expecting an announcement, it's very unlikely but whatever

Oh, this scalated quickly.
I do wonder if tomorrow we're getting a Direct announcement or not...

EDIT:

It was probably for Pokkén I'd say o:
If you consider that the directs in 2013 and 2016 were for x/y and s/m, I would say that the last direct was probably for usum cause Pokken was already out and what was released last year was just a port for the switch, not exactly a new game. The only new entry was Decidueye...

I get the feeling people will either love it or hate it. No real in between XP

I tell you bud the hype backlash will be insane.
They could have announced the games in March 2018 and avoid the backlash. They decided to announce the first pokemon games on console in June 2017 and then: nothing for 10 months. What did they think that the fans would have simply waited quietly till the real announcement? A year of nothing means: fake leaks, fake rumors, huge hype, madness. The hype backlash will happen and there's nothing anyone can do with it.
And we don't even know if we are close to an announcement. Imagine other 4 months like these last 3. XD

if these games are the first games in the series to debut on a new console without being a new generation. ohhhh mannnnn

It'd be kinda ironic. It'd be like the stars backlash v2, except maybe not as bad (??) I honestly think it'll depend on what the games are and how much new things they have to offer

They could have announced the games in March 2018 and avoid the backlash. They decided to announce the first pokemon games on console in June 2017 and then: nothing for 10 months. What did they think that the fans would have simply waited quietly till the real announcement? A year of nothing means: fake leaks, fake rumors, huge hype, madness. The hype backlash will happen and there's nothing anyone can do with it.
And we don't even know if we are close to an announcement. Imagine other 4 months like these last 3. XD

You just answered your own question. The longer they make us wait, the more hype generated. This is the second thread here, and there’s one on ResetEra, just on Pokémon switch. There’s a huge amount of hype for the games now

if these games are the first games in the series to debut on a new console without being a new generation. ohhhh mannnnn

It'd be kinda ironic. It'd be like the stars backlash v2, except maybe not as bad (??) I honestly think it'll depend on what the games are and how much new things they have to offer
Difference is we know these games exist.

These games just have alot at stake.
If the battle changes are true then there's going to a divide worse than the Red Sea and if it's your average Pokemon experience then they'll be those decrying the lack of innovation.

You just answered your own question. The longer they make us wait, the more hype generated. This is the second thread here, and there’s one on ResetEra, just on Pokémon switch. There’s a huge amount of hype for the games now
The hype makes you wait for the games but it also creates huge expections. Rumors told us about a reboot, new battle system, unreal engine, open world, new region, new pokemon, airplanes, human sacrifice, a type of games that we cannot even understand...
If these games turn out to be the usual pokemon games people are gonna be mad af. Just wait and see.

I don't see any way they can avoid a large amount of people ragequitting. I've seen worse, but apparently the fandom isn't going to put up with it anymore. It's possible they already failed.

I don't see any way they can avoid a large amount of people ragequitting. I've seen worse, but apparently the fandom isn't going to put up with it anymore. It's possible they already failed.
People would have bought them anyway if they were on 3ds (I bought ultra sun and I really shouldn't have). The problem is that these games have to make people buy a switch if they don't have one. They need to be good for this reason (in nintendo's thoughts). Also I think that the switch titles announcement made fans forget about usum disappointment. But now there's so much tension in the air that I can see fans getting really mad if the new titles don't match their expectations because it will come after usum disappointment.

These games just have alot at stake.
If the battle changes are true then there's going to a divide worse than the Red Sea and if it's your average Pokemon experience then they'll be those decrying the lack of innovation.
I honestly doubt they will change the battle system drastically, there's no real thought process behind such a risky decision. By that I mean it will still be turn based

I don't think any backlash that hits these games from expectations will really affects them much. USUM was contested from its reveal to its release, yet it looks to be on its way to being the best selling third version, maybe even potentially beating out B2W2.

As long as the game functions well, it will sell, Pokémon is not the type of game that lets the expectations of the fandom keep it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom