• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is weird. Plus the character is swimming organically not at a grid. Maybe if this is indeed a kanto revisit, they kept true to the blocky geography of the landmads instead of updating. That would be so dissapointing though

it's probably not legit or else this could very well be the series first Mass Effect Andromeda.

Pokejungle said that he could see Pokemon swimming underneath, but you can't see anything but Gyarados' tail in the picture.

That is weird. Plus the character is swimming organically not at a grid. Maybe if this is indeed a kanto revisit, they kept true to the blocky geography of the landmass instead of updating. That would be so dissapointing though
maybe the route isnt final yet but then again in an demo you would put the most polished stuff.
Its a non public demo through so maybe its just not final yet. Maybe as of now they just recreated the kanto map and are in the process to rework it as seen with the stones maybe they just didnt get to the isles yet.

You guys remember when Masuda said not to get your hopes? This would be a good reason as to why. Just because a games is going to be on a new system, doesn't mean they know how to make it blow it out of the water right off the bat. You set yourself up for disappointment if that's exactly what you expected. I was honestly expecting a game along these lines

maybe the route isnt final yet but then again in an demo you would put the most polished stuff.
Its a non public demo through so maybe its just not final yet. Maybe as of now they just recreated the kanto map and are in the process to rework it as seen with the stones maybe they just didnt get to the isles yet.

See this is kind of what i had in mind. Similar to how BotW tech demo looked like the first game with more up to date features. I'm hesitant to use the word fake until we can verify what this is and instead, am opting for not legit.

Slightly off topic but: Pokemon Colosseum.

Agate_Village.png

Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Lagoon_Colosseum.jpg

I'm just saying man....I'm just saying lol. :ROFLMAO:

Or it could simply be that it's fake. Not only does it look poorer than even the latest 3DS titles, complete with a mish-mash of environmental design from different titles, but it's conveniently placed so a recognisable piece of land can be spotted sitting in the background.

A piece of land that is only recognisable because it just so happens to appear as though lifted directly from older games, of course. Never mind that it's a blurry shot. Classic.

It would be all too easy to replicate previous assets and organise them like this in a 3D app or Photoshop. What isn't easy and takes a lot more time is coming up with a convincing upgrade to the last game's graphics. I know a lot of people aren't expecting a great deal from Game Freak but come on, it's bound to be a noticeable jump, even if not an especially stunning one.

You guys remember when Masuda said not to get your hopes? This would be a good reason as to why. Just because a games is going to be on a new system, doesn't mean they know how to make it blow it out of the water right off the bat. You set yourself up for disappointment if that's exactly what you expected. I was honestly expecting a game along these lines
or as some once said: better make a few/one " good smaller games" to become familar with a system then one big one that fails misserably or enters development hell.

Perhaps I'm just not considering all the possibilities, but why is the picture so blurry when it seems to be a screencap? There's none of the lines you get when taking a photo of a screen, for example. There's not really any logical reason to lower the quality of a screencap-it can't be to hide information, because they're already sharing it freely.

Between this, April Fools being tomorrow, and the fact that Pixelpar just recently shared a fake leak (similarly in poor quality, I might add), I'm definitely thinking this is fake. (In addition to others' points about it looking reused)

@Joker901

What I meant is that they probably decided to reveal Zeraora and the new games in the same month. This has never happened.
While it's true we've never had a mythical revealed with the next generation before, we have no confirmation that either reveal has been planned for April.
The law is a solid statement in pokemon movie. We have always had a hint in the movie to what's in the next games/generations: Marill and Snubull, Latios and Latias, Lucario and Manaphy, Zoroark, Mega Mewtwo, Magearna. Always.
But patterns can always be broken. That's been a common thought on these threads.

or as some once said: better make a few/one " good smaller games" to become familar with a system then one big one that fails misserably or enters development hell.
Exactly. This is new ground and I doubt they want to start off a new region as a mess, hence why a gen 1 reboot, seems plausible. While also using the assets they have.

You guys remember when Masuda said not to get your hopes? This would be a good reason as to why.
First, I feel like people are taking Masuda's words to the highest extreme. What he was trying to say was to not expect Zelda, not to expect an average game. Second, this shot looks like XY and ORAS rather than SM thanks to the square/grid design that Alola simply did not have, so that's honestly grounds for me to call it fake automatically. Unless they believed that a Kanto reboot meant they had to adopt the style that Kanto had from the Game Boy to the DS.

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/979869006931939328

Going back to the Zeraora thing, this does imply that he thinks/knows there is more to Zeraora than we expect (pertaining to his deleted tweets from yesterday). He also thinks a direct within the next 2 months is highly possible now(read replies), while before (at least judging from his tweets/replies) he felt a summer announcement made most sense.

Most expected May direct anyways, but this is good to hear regardless.

View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/979869006931939328

Going back to the Zeraora thing, this does imply that he thinks/knows there is more to Zeraora than we expect (pertaining to his deleted tweets from yesterday). He also thinks a direct within the next 2 months is highly possible now(read replies), while before (at least judging from his tweets/replies) he felt a summer announcement made most sense.

Most expected May direct anyways, but this is good to hear regardless.

Hm, so the mystery Pokémon from earlier is supposed to be the mystery Pokémon with Lugia, Eevee, Pikachu and Pichu, so it's probably related to those Pokémon. Eevee's the most obvious choice of course, but the fact that he denied an Eeveelution does give me pause.

Well then, it actually has a chance to be real. It would fit the 'reboot' ideology if we start in Kanto with some new things.

Well then, it actually has a chance to be real. It would fit the 'reboot' ideology if we start in Kanto with some new things.
if thats teh case then maybe the blockyness is intentionally maybe the maps will get less and less blocky as we go on. To show how the pokemon maps evolved in a way.

Maybe the last area we visit will be a small openworldish section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom