• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
April fools + leak season = :notworthy::cry::cautious::mad:o_O
cce.png

Oh those are totally bogus, Now these are real. Somebody drew them out after seeing them once.
sun_and_moon_starters_fakemon_by_knightwolf09-d9yua10.png
Please those are the bogus ones. They are so typical what people want. A gator, helmet, and gryphon lizard are clearly more real. Let's face it GF wants to shock people and that won't be with what people expect.

I know this is an April Fools joke(of course),but it's very well done.

View: https://youtu.be/cbHkSVH5LkA

Wow, well done. Ironically, the only part I didn't like was the "fight gameplay" one. The rest looks awesome!

btw, I was thinking about the Pokemon noises. Did they ever tell us anything regarding this point? Maybe, if they plan to get rid of the 8bit-ish ones (I personally would like both versions), then the Kanto remake is making a lot of sense, since remaking sounds for 150 Pokémon is still easier then 800. But that's just an idea.

Last edited:
btw, I was thinking about the Pokemon noises. Did they ever tell us anything regarding this point? Maybe, if they plan to get rid of the 8bit-ish ones (I personally would like both versions), then the Kanto remake is making a lot of sense, since remaking sounds for 150 Pokémon is still easier then 800. But that's just an idea.
The cries were redone for Gen VI if that's what you meant.

I dont want to call it a "downgrade" in graphics before we see a picture that isnt blurry and screencapped a few times.

I think it’s not so difficult to talk about downgrade. Even if I do a blurred photo of my screen while playing FFXV you can say it’s a good graphic. You need only to see the rocks on the left: 5 edges as the USUM one. Low poly. Terrible, and for the switch?? Unacceptable

Not directed towards you specifically, but I find it quite disheartening how so many people are judging the entire game on a single image. For all you know, they've added all of the fan service Pokemon fans have ever wanted, and maybe even more. And if this really is a return to Kanto, it cannot be said that the graphics are a downgrade, unless you somehow think that graphics have gotten worse since HeartGold and SoulSilver. In short, there's so much else to judge the game on besides graphics that is ultimately going to make everyone realize that this game/these games are going to be an experience worth having nonetheless, so I doubt that anyone saying that they will "quit the franchise" or "not buy the game(s)" will actually execute their plan; they'll reconsider the second a trailer arrives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you call the SM stuff run through citra bad graphics? I think thats the quality this game will be. Just a more polished version of what gen 7 was. Anything not cartoony would be weird, since thats what the official art looks like, a cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom