• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why blur details out though? It's not as if it wouldn't be recognised anyway, so how exactly does that protect the source?
It is my understanding the blur came from the picture being taken from far away, so poor resolution. The editing people are referring to is just it being cropped so all we see is the gameplay screen. Is this a wrong assumption?

Hmm...

Attachments

• 1522687572904.png
    1522687572904.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 192
They look nice, but the grass gorilla colouring looks slightly off, and the water starter pic has only one pose and no writing which is suspicious. I prefer the look to th past few we had over the last month or so, but I say they are fake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.. it's a very good design, i'd love it to be real but... well "confidential" XD

I suspect most people are on the same page as I am that these are fake, but I might as well state my reasoning- the drawings don't look like they were made with a solid understanding of 3D forms and character construction. The gorilla is probably the most well-constructed of the three, but the shading looks pretty odd- the divisions between shadows and non-shadows are way less defined than shading typically is in Pokemon model sheets. This is also noticable on the cow, where its hard to tell if it was meant to have an orange belly or not due to how dark and ambiguous the shading is.

Also, that fire marking over the cow's eye is almost the same value as the color of its face, and is only distinguishable due to having an outline around it- clear values and features are extremely important in character design.

I do think the gorilla is really cute and creative though- I feel bad ragging on these so hard, there are definitely some nice ideas in there. I just don't think these look authentic.

These starters aren't even worth discussing, the art style is miles away from Sugimori's or anyone in the Pokémon Company. Clearly fake.

If there is something else, then I expect Zeraora within this week. Otherwise, I don't have much faith they can fit anything else in this month. It's possible, but it would be jarring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom