• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that you and me are beta names, but I wouldn't mind if they were real.

I like piuk, although he maybe fake, I hope he isn't since this all sounds awesome, but I don;t want to end up disappointed.

There's an anagram that, unscrambled, reads: "water starter is blobfish". Considering they both have dopey faces, it could evolve into an Axolotl, since Water starters are normally semi-aquatic as opposed to deep sea fish.
Yeah but the Water starter is supposed to break tradition in some way. So it might just be a blobfish. It still needs to be able to travel on land though so maybe it grows legs.

Yeah but the Water starter is supposed to break tradition in some way. So it might just be a blobfish. It still needs to be able to travel on land though so maybe it grows legs.

I think the difficulty I have with the idea of a blobfish starter is that its far more 'goofy' than 'cute'- I'm not sure how they would design it to be appealing to a mass audience without sacrificing what makes it recognizable as a blobfish (or like, recognizable as that strange blobfish that everyone knows- I guess the blobfish looks super different when alive and underwater). I think it's possible that they could pull it off, or that they just don't care that much and hedge their bets that the goofy face will be appealing to enough people to be successful, but blobfish seems like a really dangerous choice to me.

This is a culture that enjoys the Stunfisk meme. Make of that what you will. That being said, I think they're aware that we don't feel the same.

This is a culture that enjoys the Stunfisk meme. Make of that what you will. That being said, I think they're aware that we don't feel the same.

I mean, yeah, goofy Pokemon are a lot of fun, but you don't usually expect to see Stunfisk as a starter. I feel like fans are a lot pickier about the starter Pokemon designs than they are about the regular Pokemon in the region, and that the designers usually try and make the starter designs have as much mass appeal as possible. (Like, yeah, its subjective, which is why I don't think a blobfish is completely impossible- and I know a lot of people still hate Popplio- but I think its a pretty safe bet to say that the starters are designed for mass appeal)

With the hints of Unova in leaks,I've been thinking about Team Plasma,specifically the sages.Remember how Zinzolin,whose hometown/region is unknown,was particularly really cold in the Cold Storage?Cherren,the grunts,the gym leader and the workers weren't bothered by it,only Zinzolin.Maybe he's not used to cold,because he comes from a region with a hoter climate?Maybe he is from Meania?

I think the difficulty I have with the idea of a blobfish starter is that its far more 'goofy' than 'cute'- I'm not sure how they would design it to be appealing to a mass audience without sacrificing what makes it recognizable as a blobfish (or like, recognizable as that strange blobfish that everyone knows- I guess the blobfish looks super different when alive and underwater). I think it's possible that they could pull it off, or that they just don't care that much and hedge their bets that the goofy face will be appealing to enough people to be successful, but blobfish seems like a really dangerous choice to me.
The difficulty I have is- If it's supposed to have a new battle system, why have one of the starters be a blobfish? I know that all starters are supposed to be weird but why?

While I like the idea of a peacock fire starter, it sort of nixes the Chinese Zodiac theory, and that's one of the theories I like to subscribe to lol.

But I wouldn't mind Elephant/Peacock/Blobfish at all.

Could the tapir thing from that one set of images be a blobfish? It kind of has that face, just in a cute way lol.

Last edited:
What does one thing have to do with the other?
Sorry. I meant if it's real time. I know it's not confirmed but it's still confusing. Semi-real time is still hard to grasp too.
Even if you take away battle system how does it move on land?

Sorry. I meant if it's real time. I know it's not confirmed but it's still confusing. Semi-real time is still hard to grasp too.
Even if you take away battle system how does it move on land?

I think they're going to have to cheat a little regardless, even if they give the blobfish feet or something, you're still going to have other Pokemon that can't really be on land realistically.

I think they're going to have to cheat a little regardless, even if they give the blobfish feet or something, you're still going to have other Pokemon that can't really be on land realistically.
Yeah but this is a starter. I'd imagine that with a change of battle they'd make the starters at least simple as to get people use to it, but I guess we'll have to see.
Maybe it's made for water battles. That'd be cool.

While I like the idea of a peacock fire starter, it sort of nixes the Chinese Zodiac theory, and that's one of the theories I like to subscribe to lol.

But I wouldn't mind Elephant/Peacock/Blobfish at all.
I don't think anything actually points to the peacock being a starter teaser. The elephant is assumed to be one because it's featured alongside the anagram... but again it's just speculation. With the blobfish, I'd have to assume that Piuk is implying it's referred to as the "Blobfish Pokémon" because how else would they know from a script? It's possible that it's a combination of two animals though, like Squirtle is despite being classified as a "Tiny Turtle Pokémon".

Yeah but this is a starter. I'd imagine that with a change of battle they'd make the starters at least simple as to get people use to it, but I guess we'll have to see.
Maybe it's made for water battles. That'd be cool.

True. Maybe they'll still utilize those "fields", so that patches of water can pop up under water Pokemon or something.

I don't think anything actually points to the peacock being a starter teaser. The elephant is assumed to be one because it's featured alongside the anagram... but again it's just speculation. With the blobfish, I'd have to assume that Piuk is implying it's referred to as the "Blobfish Pokémon" because how else would they know from a script? It's possible that it's a combination of two animals though, like Squirtle is despite being classified as a "Tiny Turtle Pokémon".

Gotcha. Yeah, that makes sense.

True. Maybe they'll still utilize those "fields", so that patches of water can pop up under water Pokemon or something.
I really hope that's not the case, those patches of "field" ruined the immersion they tried to achieve in generation 6 games, it was a welcome addition when they were removed in gen 7. From 3 to 5 I can forgive (even tho in 5 they already started to look kinda weird) but there's no excuse for them now. Imo!

I really hope that's not the case, those patches of "field" ruined the immersion they tried to achieve in generation 6 games, it was a welcome addition when they were removed in gen 7. From 3 to 5 I can forgive (even tho in 5 they already started to look kinda weird) but there's no excuse for them now. Imo!

It's definitely not what I want to see happen, but I'm not really sure how you'd be able to use most water types otherwise.

Wasn't there rumours that the people behing the beautiful platypus fakes were also behind the recent Piuk leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom