• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s it, I couldn’t recall what the 26 was for but knew it was mentioned recently. Tis true it won’t mean anything but we may see an update in other upcoming switch game release dates like we did last time, that’s what the tweet was about. They may possibly update Pokémon’s however unlikely.
This said, I don't think that we will discover the games actual release date through the investors meeting. I mean after 10 months it's weird if they change the games release date so we can read it on a report after the investors meeting like we did in January. If the date has changed from "2018 or later" then I expect an official announcement before the 26th, otherwise if at the 26th nothing has happened then probably the games will still be listed as "2018 or later" for a May/June announcement.

I was going to do an analysis of what has been directly told to us of each game's development, but it would be too hard to track. Only the more recent games were either easy to find or I just know what the story was behind them, even if the sites I looked up didn't record it. There has been evidence of multiple development in the games since the third gen, though. How far that goes, I can't tell. It was mostly conjecture until they outright said for OR/AS that a different team was working on it, while the others were presumably working on Sun and Moon. Anything else hasn't been said to us directly. All we know about the models is that they were made to be carried over well into the future, so they wouldn't have to bother with tweaking them for a long time. We will get answers at some point, but we will already know what the game will be like by then if the past is any indication.

EDIT: Also, I will have to disagree, because if they can't get their plans sorted out by then, then what exactly are they doing? They will HAVE to know if they can finish by the end of the year. Whether it becomes known to us is another thing, though. That junk is usually internal and doesn't escape their grasp. What we got before was only meant for their investors. They HAVE to make that junk for them, and they would HAVE to update their status. Perhaps we won't see it, but I am certain that the decision will be made. If not, then I heavily question what the fuck they're doing, and you better BELIEVE that the Japanese are FAR more strict than I am.

Last edited:
At the 26th nothing has happened then probably the games will still be listed as "2018 or later" for a May/June announcement.

I think at this point Game Freak already knows when they're going to release the games.
I mean, at 26th they should say "2018" or "2019". The "or later" part of the things would be pointless at this... point. You either say this year or next, there's no way they can't know if they can delay a 2018 release or not.

From 4chan.

And I think GameFreak would have to let the year be known at or before the 26th

Attachments

• 1522928156672.jpg
    1522928156672.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 165
It looks like a promotional image, but more than likely a fake.

I'm going to lean toward it being fake, but at the very least, the art style is appropriate. It's not a bad-looking evolution if it were to be real. I'll wait and see.

The trademark already exists for this, but that doesn't prevent it from also existing for a video game.

It isn't remotely kawaii enough and Paul Ryan has also but proved that a new Eeveelution isn't in the cards.

It isn't remotely kawaii enough and Paul Ryan has also but proved that a new Eeveelution isn't in the cards.

He hasn't really said that though. He hasn't said much of anything, except for what he's allowed to say. He's hinted at the fact that movie 21 merchandise doesn't include anything secret for Eevee. That doesn't mean that merchandise in the following quarter can't have one.

I forget how Sylveon was handled when it was announced, not sure if that was featured in a film, and when its corresponding merch came out.

Yes; perhaps only if a different Eevee forme would be how additional Type Eeveeolutions happened, they would feature the forme first and have the new Eeveelutions premiere in the new games! A basic example might be: a new Eevee forme that could evolve into either a Flying or Ground type depending on the conditions!
That could be perhaps Tailwind and Sandstorm (either if above a certain level and reaching levelup, this Eevee forme either experienced the condition during battle, or if it was still the condition as the battle concluded?) This I suppose would require a new forme as it would indicate why the known Eevee does not experience this!

Independent of speculation about this, a dedicated Wind weather condition seems like will happen sooner than later!

Last edited:
He's been very clear about it. I'm talking about the movie since any leaked promotional material would tie into it.

And if they chose to showcase a gimmick rather than a new evolution in the movie, that probably means that the latter isn't on the agenda at all.

To me, that's not really being clear about it. It sounds like he's sidestepping saying one thing or another to avoid getting into trouble, which I fully understand and support.

I'll ask you the same question that I ask other people that dismiss this theory so readily - do you have any insight on Game Freak's development process, or is this just hyperbole? I'm curious, because it seems like certain people in this thread know exactly how many games that Game Freak are making or even just planning at one given moment. I'm not asking this to be an ass, I'm asking it because I'm genuinely curious as to where this information is sourced from.

They aren't exactly a small company either, with over a hundred employees, 118 to be precise. Small compared to a lot of video game giants; yes, but bear in mind that companies like Bethesda have 180 and they work on more than two games at any given time.

I don't have insight, but i have common sense. If Gamefreak can work on more than 2 new regions at the same time (Which they can't), how comes the gap between gens is 3 years and not smaller. Its because they need too make a new region (Which is time consuming), new Pokemon (First in concept and you don't have one right the first time and then code it in the game), then you need to write a story the way everything ties together and that is also time consuming.

The main team worked on XY and SUMO and partially on ORAS, because Hoenn wasn't in 3d yet, which is a difference from USUM, where the region already existed and thus the rookies (2nd team) could easily work on that, meaning that the Switch game didn't start development until summer 2016, when SUMO was being finalized, which doesn't require the whole main team.

Nintendo makes both Zelda and Mario Oddysey and the development team is bigger than GFs and thus can work on more than 2 games at the time and even them took it 5 years to compelete Oddyssey and Breath of the Wild, so its not releastic to assume that GF can work on more than 2 games at the same time if even a big company as Nintendo already needs five years for 2 games for the Switch, working with different experienced teams.

Gamefreak is expanding, but they are not big enough that they can work on 2 new regions at the same time to limit the release gap between new regions.

You mention Bethesda working at more than 2 games at the time, which is competely false, since Arkane Studio develops the Dishonored games (Releasing and developing are 2 different things), while ID Softwarte is responsible for the development of Doom 4. The only games Bethesda themselfs are working on are the Fallout and the Skyrim franchises, which completely destroys your argument, since those are only 2 games and even those gaps are massive between titles (Bigger than GF's but that is understandable, since the games are bigger, but still).

This shows that its not realistic to expect GF, a company that is smaller than Bethesda, to work on more than 2 new regions at the same time (Especially if they are on different consoles with different requirments) and thus if you use common sense you can only come too one conclusion: The Development of the Switch games didn't start before summer 2016.

Some people expect too much from GF.

Last edited:
I think at this point Game Freak already knows when they're going to release the games.
I mean, at 26th they should say "2018" or "2019". The "or later" part of the things would be pointless at this... point. You either say this year or next, there's no way they can't know if they can delay a 2018 release or not.
That's true, but you really think that Nintendo will let us know the new release date through a report online? Imo they want to make an official announcement before that or list them as "2018 or later" in late April to make an announcement in May/June. I just can't see them write the new release date so people can read it randomly...

I thought people were just expecting it to get clarified into either 2018 or 2019, right? I don't foresee them dropping a specific release date in an investor's meeting either- the most specific I can imagine it getting would be "late 2018" or "early 2019"

I thought people were just expecting it to get clarified into either 2018 or 2019, right? I don't foresee them dropping a specific release date in an investor's meeting either- the most specific I can imagine it getting would be "late 2018" or "early 2019"
Imo we will discover if the games will be a 2018 or 2019 release when they officially announce them. There's too much hype around them to drop the news randomly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom