• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your point?

My point is that although the term development is used, that doesn't mean they started working to code the game, since that is done after the Planning Development fase (And this is why many people are confused, since they assume they started working on the game itself).

They started planning the game after ORAS (Or during the finalization of the game), but actual Game Development didn't start until Summer 2016, since the main team worked on SUMO (Which was already in planning stage during the Game development of XY) and thus where to busy to work on the Switch game until SUMO was in its final stages and thus you didn't need the whole main team.

I don't understand this fixation on the Nintendo IR sheets. You do know that they weren't the first ones to give that release date, right? That was the original Japanese of what Tsunekazu Ishihara said at E3, so all Nintendo did was record that. That's it. That's the only purpose of that section of the document. It won't be updated until The Pokemon Company makes an announcement for Nintendo to copy down.

because investors will want/need to have an update on the targeted release.

Well, I was thinking, technically, they don't, since all they need to know is that it's pokemon. That's worth something on it's own, regardless of uncertain timeframes. It being Switch too would actually bolster those numbers.

I wonder if they'll ever have a rival in a Pokemon game that like, keeps track of which types you use most often and specifically tries to counter them with the Pokemon that can be found in the region (like, scaled to where you and/or the rival have been before when you fight each other). It doesn't seem like it would be that hard for the game to keep track of how often you use a certain type of Pokemon, and have the rival's team composition built around trying to counter it with what the rival would have reasonably had access to (or, if they wanted to infuriate people, they could make another Gary-esque rival who brags about how some family member or something gave him a really rare Pokemon to use- it'd be especially fun if it was actually obtainable somewhere on the route, just really rare, and if they gave the rival special dialogue reacting if you fight him with the same Pokemon on your team). I'm thinking about how they've always had the rival's team differ based on which starter you pick, and how cool it would be if they took that even further.

I feel like there's a whole lot of interesting and fun details they could add to the traditional features of a Pokemon game, in order to make the experience feel that much more unique and engaging. I would love to see what they could do if they were pushed to make a game that reacts and responds to more of the player's decisions...
Pokemon Yellow started towards that concept-Blue's Eevee would evolve differently depending on how often you beat him-but it never got as developed as this, which would be insanely cool! (I really don't know why they never tried for more variation in rival teams-it's not like the team is all that iconic, especially with the ace varying between players)

DaDAZcvUQAEXBDn.jpg:large

Nice logos.. but I don't believe in this rumor so, nothing more to think about
It's interesting to me that there's multiple people making fake You/Me logos. (We also had that upload pic a while back, and I think there was a third one as well?) If they think the leak's legit, why are they making a leak that'll be proven wrong if the game was released? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I were to create a logo, I would want to do it correctly, I would research the language used for Pokémon logos, use the correct Japanese format, make sure it’s spelled correctly and use a non Pokémon movie font. Surely it can’t be that hard to research to make it more believable lol

I translated it and here’s what it says

It seems that new images and new Pokemon will be made public on "Ohashi" being broadcasted on TV Tokyo, "The Movie Pocket Monster Everyone's Story".
New Pokemon like an evolution? (Eevee or not)
Or new pokemon like Mega Mewtwo Y?

Guys, and if You and Me become the japanese names?

Me can be "eye", "bud" and "sprout"
Yu can be "hot water" or "hot spring" (also, You can be "Hey!")

Pokémon Spring and Summer? Pokémon Lake and Sprout (ok, they're ridiculous)?

I translated it and here’s what it says

It seems that new images and new Pokemon will be made public on "Ohashi" being broadcasted on TV Tokyo, "The Movie Pocket Monster Everyone's Story".

Alright, that's it. I'm done waitin'.

*shoves coal into the train*

SYhb1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom