• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe, and obviously i can be wrong, that even if we do indeed go back to Kanto in the switch games, that the anime will also take place there.
Yes, but if the games aren't being pushed as a new generation, then the anime may not jump from Alola right away. They could showcase some Pokemon in the league and that could in turn motivative Ash to go back to Kanto/Johto.

badwolf1234 said:
Thanks how did you know my timezone btw?
I have access to everyone's IP addresses. Tread carefully. I just checked your profile.

This is ridiculous. Large amounts of new Pokemon are a thing of the past. I hope that Puik is fake.

That really might be too many! It does seem possible that the 8th generation game might include more new Pokemon than usual as it would ensure that the game is exciting to I guess as many people, fans old and new as possible, and, surely there are many designs that have been saved up from previous generations!!

Did I miss something? I haven't seen Piuk say anything about how many pokemon there are, and if he did, THERE IS NOTHING IN THE GAME'S DIALOGUE THAT WOULD SAY THAT AT ALL. You can possibly add up all the new names, but you would have to consciously be doing that and wasting time, not to mention that you would've had to have seen all the rosters in the game, which there is no way he could know that off the snippets he supposedly gets.

That really might be too many! It does seem possible that the 8th generation game might include more new Pokemon than usual as it would ensure that the game is exciting to I guess as many people, fans old and new as possible, and, surely there are many designs that have been saved up from previous generations!!
I don't think that there will ever be large amounts of new Pokemon. GF is aware that there are too many Pokemon so they're cutting down.

If this is about the UI thing, I think that's a different person, and they're plainly copying other leaks, so I'm not believing it for a second anyway.

In other news, Creatures is creating updated 3D Pokémon models to use them in a future Pokémon Trading Card game.

View: https://twitter.com/Creatures_Inc/status/982206356051542017

Sounds interesting actually, I hope we get to know about that future title soon.

EDIT: Unless that 3D models are just for printed cards and not a game, but tweet itself is rather ambiguous.

If they're only starting now, those updated models won't affect the main series (for now).

The TCG GB games were very cool. They should revive the general concept with modern cards.

Last edited:
Found this image on 4chan, the poster said nor posted anything else. However it is quite similar to starter leaks from a few months back (see below)
fvwll9O.jpg

Attachments

• LgfIe7Sl.jpg
    LgfIe7Sl.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 58
  • dobJd1wl.jpg
    dobJd1wl.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 61
  • sPXSg2Zl.jpg
    sPXSg2Zl.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 53
Found this image on 4chan, the poster said nor posted anything else. However it is quite similar to starter leaks from a few months back (see below)
fvwll9O.jpg

Interesting... the line quality is thinner and the construction is a little more wobbly (the eyes are really noticeable in that regard), which makes me pretty convinced that this is the work of a different artist.

I like the color scheme and the subtle stripes on the mane and tail, but it looks like a fake to me.

fvwll9O.jpg
THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care about a new Flying Eevee. I want this. Please GF

If Eevee does get a form then how does that affect evolutions? Or would the form Eevee have only one possible evolution?

I don't think that there will ever be large amounts of new Pokemon. GF is aware that there are too many Pokemon so they're cutting down.
I don't think that's what it is. Yes, Gen 6 and 7 added fewer new Pokemon, but they also introduced mega evolution and regional variants- if you include them as new pokemon, the totals add up to around 100 new designs still.

Gen 1 - 151 new pokemon
Gen 2 - 100 new pokemon
Gen 3 - 135 new pokemon
Gen 4 - 107 new pokemon
Gen 5 - 156 new pokemon
Gen 6 - 72 new pokemon + 48 mega evolutions (120 total)
Gen 7 - 86 new pokemon + 18 regional variants (104 total)

So while it may appear as though they are "cutting down", the reality is that we are still getting 100+ pokemon each generation, some just happen to come as new forms of old pokemon. I doubt that's so much because there are too many pokemon, but because they are just trying to add more interesting concepts to what we have and it's a bit much to have the design department produce 100+ new designs AND the many new forms on top of that.

I think it's possible that they might go back to releasing fewer forms and more new pokemon one day- but personally, I don't hope so, as I would much rather see more mega evolutions and regional variants going forward. Especially regional variants, because they already gave the megas a hard pass, and we only got 18 variants anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom