• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From everything i can gather, here are my realistic thoughts and predictions for the upcoming games
  • We will be returning to the Kanto region in some capacity
  • Kanto will resemble modern day rural japan
  • Kanto will have new areas and existing areas will be revamped
  • Lillie will have a major prescence
  • Red and Blue will appear in the games
  • These games will breakdown the traditional concept of a Pokemon generation
  • They will run on the SM/USUM engine
  • There will be some gameplay additions and alterations but nothing worthy of being called a generational leap like that of gen 6 to gen 7
  • We will keep the traditional battle system
  • The games will be optimized for handheld mode, expect Pokemon SM running in Citra with lighting and higher resolution/more detailed textures
  • Pokemon following you will return but will not apply to every Pokemon
  • There will be no major gimmick akin to Mega evolution and Z-moves
  • There will be a new Eeveelution and there will be new mythicals
  • The legendary birds will get a lot more lore and probably new forms
  • Pokemon ride will return

6CB98206-1548-4B40-A88A-229051FE3B96.jpeg
Can tell this is fake for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
From 4chan.

"Speed Sound + Speed Light

スピード音(オト)とスピード光 (ヒカリ)〜 「ターボ・カネテート」「ターボ・セルーミン」"

Attachments

• IMG_20180406_175154.png
    IMG_20180406_175154.png
    872.3 KB · Views: 75
While the current trends in the game indicate they're lowering the new Pokemon amount, there's always the chance they could surprise us with a higher number of new species this time around, we dont really know I guess. I like to keep an open mind about these things.

I also hope if Eeveelutions are a thing, we get a pair or a trio(doubtful that will ever happen again, but you never know) but I really want more than one.

I would be ok with a return to Kanto if they change the region to make it more interesting and update everything. Otherwise,Id like them to just create a whole new region.

From everything i can gather, here are my realistic thoughts and predictions for the upcoming games
  • We will be returning to the Kanto region in some capacity
  • Kanto will resemble modern day rural japan
  • Kanto will have new areas and existing areas will be revamped
  • Lillie will have a major prescence
  • Red and Blue will appear in the games
  • These games will breakdown the traditional concept of a Pokemon generation
  • They will run on the SM/USUM engine
  • There will be some gameplay additions and alterations but nothing worthy of being called a generational leap like that of gen 6 to gen 7
  • We will keep the traditional battle system
  • The games will be optimized for handheld mode, expect Pokemon SM running in Citra with lighting and higher resolution/more detailed textures
  • Pokemon following you will return but will not apply to every Pokemon
  • There will be no major gimmick akin to Mega evolution and Z-moves
  • There will be a new Eeveelution and there will be new mythicals
  • The legendary birds will get a lot more lore and probably new forms
  • Pokemon ride will return
Why assume the battle system hasn't changed? Is that false now?

I would truly love for these to be legit as the clashing is perfect.

3 days....just 3 more... and these leaks will either become rain or puddles...and maybe we'll even able to see our reflection in that puddle. :X3:
Why 3 days???

From 4chan.

"Speed Sound + Speed Light

スピード音(オト)とスピード光 (ヒカリ)〜 「ターボ・カネテート」「ターボ・セルーミン」"

They look very odd. I wonder what type the Speed Sound one is.

I think that if we sum the amount of "leaks" of the past 3 generations we won't get the amount of "leaks" we have right now for the switch titles. And we don't even know the titles yet...

Found this image on 4chan, the poster said nor posted anything else. However it is quite similar to starter leaks from a few months back (see below)
fvwll9O.jpg
The art is very appealing and so is the design, I do agree that it could come from the same person/persons, the style sure is similar. But because of that I think it's fake.

I mean, I just can't let go of the fact that two different pictures of that snake with different lengths "leaked". The fact that the artist corrected himself just shows (to me at least) that it's fake.
(And I'm not even going to bring back the whole starter being underground argument)

Again, super pleasant looking! I wouldnt mind them! Specially this "Eevee"!

Those fake mascots look pretty dumb, while the Eevee expie can only wish it were as cute as the real thing.

So we have:

Plus & Minus
1 & 0
You & Me
InfraRed & UltraViolet
Space & Void
Past & Future
SpeedSound & SpeedLight
GigaUltraSun & GigaUltraMoon

Anyway, I was thinking...We know that two new games are on the way cause they were announced 10 months ago. Now, imagine if we didn't know anything about Zeraora. Wouldn't you have assumed that the new announcement was for the first 8th gen pokemon? Somehow, I'm happy I know about it cause it would have been a huge disappointment to discover it's still gen 7.
I think this the first time that a brand new pokemon is announced after the announcement of two new games but belonging to the past generation cause even if gen 4 was announced in late 2004, all the pokemon announced after that till 2006 were gen 4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom