• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have:

Plus & Minus
1 & 0
You & Me
InfraRed & UltraViolet
Space & Void
Past & Future
SpeedSound & SpeedLight
GigaUltraSun & GigaUltraMoon

Anyway, I was thinking...We know that two new games are on the way cause they were announced 10 months ago. Now, imagine if we didn't know anything about Zeraora. Wouldn't you have assumed that the new announcement was for the first 8th gen pokemon? Somehow, I'm happy I know about it cause it would have been a huge disappointment to discover it's still gen 7.
I think this the first time that a brand new pokemon is announced after the announcement of two new games but belonging to the past generation cause even if gen 4 was announced in late 2004, all the pokemon announced after that till 2006 were gen 4...
We still don't know if the next games will be a gen 8 game or just kanto.

Last edited:
We still don't know if the next games will be a gen 8 game or just kanto.
I know...What I meant is if we didn't know about all the leaks/rumors/datamine. We would clearly expect gen 8 and Zeraora to be the first gen 8 pokemon. And probably neither of those things will happen, so it's somehow good to know that.

When they mean Monday April 9th when they will reveal the new trailer do they mean that date specifically or do they mean it will air on Sunday for us and for Japan it will air Monday due to Time Zone differences?

Also where is the turbo mechanic rumor from?

When they mean Monday April 9th when they will reveal the new trailer do they mean that date specifically or do they mean it will air on Sunday for us and for Japan it will air Monday due to Time Zone differences?

Also where is the turbo mechanic rumor from?
Monday 9th 7am is for Japan. You can check your time zone from that. In Europe it will be around midnight between the 8th and the 9th, in America it will be on the 8th afternoon/evening.

Honestly, those legendary designs are too outlandish to be from Gamefreak. Every cover legendary so far (bar maybe D/P/P) have been recognisable and down to earth in a sense. They do look cool, however they're a bit too fakemon for me.

There was also a second Japanese thread of 4chan today (apparently there is a serial japanese leaker) Interesting read:
ねえ、私の名前はスギです、私はポケモンのファンのための素晴らしいニュースを発表するためにここにいます。 私は過去4年間にポケモンブルームとポケモンディケイに取り組んでいます! ゲームのアートワークをデザインするのは非常に面白かったです。 とにかく私はあなたにいくつかの情報を把握しようとするあなたのためのいくつかの "謎"をあなたに与えたいと思っていました。 最初の謎は初心者のためです:
-贈り物
- 宇宙船
-滝
これは本当に難しい謎ですが、私はあなたがすぐに見つかると確信しています!
ありがとうございました

Hey, my name is Sugi, I am here to announce wonderful news for Pokemon fans. I am working on Pokemon Bloom and Pokemon Decay in the past 4 years! It was very interesting to design the artwork of the game. Anyway I wanted to give you some "mystery" for you trying to figure out some information. The first mystery is for beginners:
-gift
- Spaceship
-waterfall
This is a really hard mystery, but I am sure that you will find it soon!
Thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really beginning to think that the new games will be revealed around the same time that Sun and Moon originally were, sometime mid to late May, and that we won't really get anything about them until at least then- I'd love if they'd surprise me though, haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Dual versions promote trading, and also make gf a load of money, it doesn't make much sense to only release one version apart from a 3rd version
It doesn't make any sense to release two copies of the same game, or in the case of USUM, four copies. A minority of people double dip and buy both versions, especially in the day and age where getting any pokemon is easier.

It does. As I mentioned earlier, dual versions promote trading and makes GF more money.
How do they promote trading?

Exclusive pokemon are that easy to trade for that having two versions is pointless. Remove the trading options, and you have the same game. Arguably, they don't promote trading, but just the additional jumping through hoops to get random pokemon.

It does. As I mentioned earlier, dual versions promote trading and makes GF more money.
What if they sell one copy, but upon creation of a game file, you are asked question by the proffesor, around the same time as they ask if boy or girl, and based on your answers, different exclusive pokemon and events happen in your game. This way its 1 version to print and sell, but still promotes trading.

What if they sell one copy, but upon creation of a game file, you are asked question by the proffesor, around the same time as they ask if boy or girl, and based on your answers, different exclusive pokemon and events happen in your game. This way its 1 version to print and sell, but still promotes trading.
I quite like that idea, but since it's a good idea, it'll never be implemented :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom