• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will not be a gap year, not will all these leakers and credible people telling us the games will come out later this year. 2019 might be a gap year. I'm leaning towards this first Switch game being the last 7th generation game and in 2020 we will finally get the first 8th generation game

This makes sense if I lay it out in years, not considering dates, but 2020 feels like such a long time away from 2019. I'm also curious how Nintendo would react to that. If they want to reach their sales goal, the game needs to be perfect, as well as essential. Breath of the Wild worked, because everyone couldn't stop talking about it. If it's another Gen 7 game, I wonder how long the conversation will last.

15 min, until Oha Suta begins. I'm curious to see what is the Pokémon they will reveal.

Zeraora is enough to make me hyped, my fav gen 7 pokemon easily.

Doesn't mean that they would throw all common sense out the window. They would be unable to directly communicate with each other if this is the case, defying the definition of a generation.

Where was it though, that Gamefreak defined a generation as one in which the games can communicate with one another? That just seems like your personal definition. We've already seen instances of this not fully happening- the new Pokémon introduced in USUM can't be traded over to Sun and Moon.

Prior to Generation 7, I would've defined a Generation as one in which new Pokémon are introduced. I have to scratch that now, because Gen 7 proved me wrong, because that wasn't Gamefreak's definition.

Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. I'm thinking the Switch games will be Generation 8, but I'm also ready for them not to be. Maybe they'll be 7, maybe they'll be 7.5, maybe they won't be considered to be a part of any Generation. Maybe Gamefreak isn't worried about the Generation moniker anymore. As I think you've stated before, Gamefreak might be worried about the # of Pokémon getting too high. Maybe they'll also feel similar about generation numbers, and just resort to releasing games without worrying about generation distinctions.

Plus and minus comes from geno, a leaker who leaked X & Y a month before reveal
Then how about THIS version of Plus & Minus? The one I was talking about is this video made by Burlingtone, not this leaker named Geno.

Best shot I got lmao

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-9_10-13-47.png
    upload_2018-4-9_10-13-47.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom