• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because they are moving to a home console does not mean that they'll have to change everything.
No one is saying that. But something will be changed for sure cause it happens each time we move to a new system for obvious reasons. Simply no one knows what exactly so there's no reason to deny any type of speculation just because of patterns that GF is not forced to follow...

There's some things that GF will never do, like changing the battle system or ditching dual versions.
Especially in the department of dual versions. If anything were to change in that department, it would far more likely for GF to make the opening games of a new generation into a triad. Game Freak knows that single releases don’t sell that well by now, which is why we got USUM instead of the hypothetical Stars. They’re a business that wants to turn a profit, and releasing multiple versions of the same game is a part of what makes the Pokémon franchise so successful.

I was under the impression it was third versions that don’t sell in the same quantity, regardless of whether they are singular (Emerald, Platinum etc.) or pairs (USUM, BW2).

I personally think it’s a real possibility that the dual version thing could be dropped on Switch. Again, just my opinion, I’m not saying GF have to drop the dual version system, I’m just saying that it’s not outwith the realms of possibility and it could happen with the Switch release.

5 days left.Can't see him winning...

Attachments

• 1523554320716.jpg
    1523554320716.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 118
seriously, I have seen too much people from out of no where come in and said they want battle system to be changed. Trading, catching, battle are what make Pokemon become successful, you guys are saying GF gonna throw everything about the battle system to the trash? I can understand if they upgrade the system (double battle, triple battle, horde, Mega Evol, Z-Move) or upgrade the battle graphic (you see Pokemon really attacking, defensing or evading, really interact with other Pokemon) but like some of the old leaks say they gonna change the battle system to some kind of Digimon game then it's crazy...

There's some things that GF will never do, like changing the battle system or ditching dual versions.
Do you have some sort of degree in mind reading, do you work for GF, can you see the future?
No? why can you say then what gf will and will not do?

High rank people also said that cars are only a temporary thing and wont replace horses in daily life guess what.
Others said that eletric cars are the future (in the early 20th century) but they also got fully replaced by fossil engines until recently.

seriously, I have seen too much people from out of no where come in and said they want battle system to be changed. Trading, catching, battle are what make Pokemon become successful, you guys are saying GF gonna throw everything about the battle system to the trash? I can understand if they upgrade the system (double battle, triple battle, horde, Mega Evol, Z-Move) or upgrade the battle graphic (you see Pokemon really attacking, defensing or evading, really interact with other Pokemon) but like some of the old leaks say they gonna change the battle system to some kind of Digimon game then it's crazy...
The battle system doesn't need to be thrown out entirely, it could be adapted to a new format. We've already seen real-time move selection present in other games- like Kingdom Hearts, being my favorite example. Moves that have a turn duration would probably switch to a timed duration, or run out after a certain number of hits.

I agree with @multiingbe.
I can see the wild battles/random encounters be changed to real time battles and keep trainer battles as is (so it doesnt ruin competitive play). I dont think it will happen but it actually makes sense.

The true matter of it all is that that we don't like for things to be the same. That may not matter for all practicality, but I find it to be more practical to keep the audience as it is instead of choosing one over the other. For that, we need change.

I don't think the battle system will change mainly because it's a big part of what makes the game so accessible to all ages

I expect gamefreak to continue experimenting with mechanics pertaining to the battle system to spice things up though, as we've seen with Mega evo's, z-moves,

i was thinking the years in the same tonic and still dont understand dont be feel tyred with the same thing generation 8 will be legendary people expect so much than other 2 generations even more switch newcomers i like this thread but sometimes forget the changes are the best thing you can do for eixample the confort zone or over attachment for me i m happy badges return and i feel more confortable the grand surprise of this its make 16 badges and make trials like my concept in my mind dont separate 1 thing for other everything in harmony and good executed can be the best experiencie ever dont forget the anime its the most important source of his marketing

i was thinking the years in the same tonic and still dont understand dont be feel tyred with the same thing generation 8 will be legendary people expect so much than other 2 generations even more switch newcomers i like this thread but sometimes forget the changes are the best thing you can do for eixample the confort zone or over attachment for me i m happy badges return and i feel more confortable the grand surprise of this its make 16 badges and make trials like my concept in my mind dont separate 1 thing for other everything in harmony and good executed can be the best experiencie ever dont forget the anime its the most important source of his marketing
My guy please use punctuation lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom