• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fake. I don't think that Z-Moves are going anywhere.
Please add more to the conversation than just "This is fake".

What are your thoughts on why you think that Z-Moves being discluded from the next games couldn't possibly be a thing?

Mega Evolutions were abandoned the generation after their debut. As were Seasons.

What is your thought process on why it is an impossibility.

Please add more to the conversation than just "This is fake".

What are your thoughts on why you think that Z-Moves being discluded from the next games couldn't possibly be a thing?

Mega Evolutions were abandoned the generation after their debut. As were Seasons.

What is your thought process on why it is an impossibility.
Mega Evolutions were kept even though they were no longer relevant to Z-Moves should be kept as well. It's like GF removing abilities or undoing the physical/special split.

I personally hope Mega Evolution goes until they can better develop the idea and branch it out further. Would love to see pokemon that actually deserve it as opposed to already good pokemon getting it. The majority of Mega Evolututions present atm came from pokemon who were already good and didn't really need that boost. That's one reason why I liked Z since everyone could benefit from it and many underrated pokemon could take real advantage of it.

Mega Evolutions were abandoned the generation after their debut.
While it's true Mega Evolutions weren't expanded on in Gen 6, they weren't completely abandoned-they were still included in the game. This leak claims Z-Moves will be "completely removed".

As were Seasons.
Seasons were fun, but they're considerably easier to remove than Z-Moves.
  • Seasons didn't have much of a story presence, but Z-Moves are hugely tied into Gen 7's story. (They're the reason for the entire Island Challenge, and they're created by Necrozma)
  • Seasons weren't a battle mechanic, while Z-Moves are.
  • Seasons didn't have any merchandise tied to them, while Z-Moves have a toy that links up with the game.

Another thing I don't buy in this rumor is switching Pikachu and Eevee's colors. This would look jarring and it just won't work.

Okay, I tried the color swap out on some sketches (they're not very good sketches, I wasn't really trying).

First off, our standard for comparison-
eevchu.png

Now, right away we have an issue- eevee doesn't have enough colors in its pallet to make a straight swap with pikachu.
eevchu2.png

So, if we ignore that and assume just a main color swap... pikachu still really doesn't look too great here, and eevee doesn't draw to mind "pikachu" in either this or the above version- it really just looks like a banana. In fact, if they weren't next to each other, it wouldn't be immediately recognizable that either of these examples came from the other. Good rule of thumb if you're creating a color swap- try to make it readily apparent.
eevchu3.png

And I feel a need to point out that they didn't even change pikachu's shiny by much or give it an Alolan form. Are they really prepared to change their mascot's iconic colors? I could see an eevee getting pikachu colors and markings, but I can't really see pikachu getting a makeover.
eevchu4.png

And again, what function would this serve? They don't make good shinies, so I can't see using them as replacements for the ones we already have. You could call them a form change but... why would they change into forms that are just color swaps of each other? Even if they were like regional variants and Pikachu was to become a normal-type, it doesn't make sense to give eevee an electric-type form when Jolteon already exists.

Also sorry if we're not supposed to post images like this. D= I hoped they were small enough to not be overwhelming.

Although I am certain Z-Moves will be in Gen 8, their major ties to Necrozma and Alola could provide justification as to why they could get away with not being in a future set of releases or two, but I don't see any reasons from a gameplay standpoint as to why they would remove them in the first place.

Although I am certain Z-Moves will be in Gen 8, their major ties to Necrozma and Alola could provide justification as to why they could get away with not being in a future set of releases or two, but I don't see any reasons from a gameplay standpoint as to why they would remove them in the first place.
I agree. I don't think that Z-Moves are going anywhere. They're a major battle mechanic and very likely to stay in the future. Mega Evolution is no longer relevant but it's still around, and I think that it will be the same with Z-Moves.

I think they're good sketches ;u;. I think they look really cute, actually, the "main color swap" specifically. I'd use a banana-Eevee (Bananeevee?) or a caramel-chu on my team. Not sure what purpose they'd serve if they were real, maybe Bananeevee evolves into the types it doesn't already, and caramel-chu is a ground-type? Kinda throws off the swapping aspect a bit, though.

I think they're good sketches ;u;. I think they look really cute, actually, the "main color swap" specifically. I'd use a banana-Eevee (Bananeevee?) or a caramel-chu on my team. Not sure what purpose they'd serve if they were real, maybe Bananeevee evolves into the types it doesn't already, and caramel-chu is a ground-type? Kinda throws off the swapping aspect a bit, though.
Thank you! =D And yeah, Eevee looks good in banana, but it's hard to imagine a related mechanic that would explain the color swap. Plus a color swap gimmick falls apart upon evolution, too... what would they swap Raichu's colors with? Unless Eeveechu and Pikavee just couldn't evolve but... again, why even have the color swap in the first place?

While it's true Mega Evolutions weren't expanded on in Gen 6, they weren't completely abandoned-they were still included in the game. This leak claims Z-Moves will be "completely removed".

Seasons were fun, but they're considerably easier to remove than Z-Moves.
  • Seasons didn't have much of a story presence, but Z-Moves are hugely tied into Gen 7's story. (They're the reason for the entire Island Challenge, and they're created by Necrozma)
  • Seasons weren't a battle mechanic, while Z-Moves are.
  • Seasons didn't have any merchandise tied to them, while Z-Moves have a toy that links up with the game.
I suppose that I misspoke. What I meant, is that the concept was not continued upon in the next generation.

I certainly don't see them removing Z-moves as a thing. I just assumed that it meant not including any new ones in future installments. Which, returning to my post, is what I think to be more likely than removing them completely.

It's a shame that they didn't continue with seasons. I really liked the feature .It made the world seem more realistic .And imagine seeing them in Switch graphics.

I get that in Alola, they wouldn't have made sense, as Hawaii typically experiences year-round summer.

But maybe in future games. One can dream.

I agree. I don't think that Z-Moves are going anywhere. They're a major battle mechanic and very likely to stay in the future. Mega Evolution is no longer relevant but it's still around, and I think that it will be the same with Z-Moves.
This is what I meant. ^
Z-Moves might not be relevant anymore, but they will still be a mechanic in the games.

Whatever the next new feature is, I'd bet money that there will be a bracelet for it.

I suppose that I misspoke. What I meant, is that the concept was not continued upon in the next generation.

I certainly don't see them removing Z-moves as a thing. I just assumed that it meant not including any new ones in future installments. Which, returning to my post, is what I think to be more likely than removing them completely.
Ohhhh, I see what you mean! I think that's really likely, too, especially with its story relevance. (I suppose they could do like they did in ORAS, but Alola seems to have an even tighter grip)
It's a shame that they didn't continue with seasons. I really liked the feature .It made the world seem more realistic .And imagine seeing them in Switch graphics.

I get that in Alola, they wouldn't have made sense, as Hawaii typically experiences year-round summer.

But maybe in future games. One can dream.
I'm holding out hope! With every graphic upgrade, seasons have even more beautiful potential!

Ohhhh, I see what you mean! I think that's really likely, too, especially with its story relevance. (I suppose they could do like they did in ORAS, but Alola seems to have an even tighter grip)

I'm holding out hope! With every graphic upgrade, seasons have even more beautiful potential!
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. :)

News, why can't you just come already?

Huge potential tbh. I loved the seasons back in Gen V. Each season could make towns and routes look different. New areas can be unlocked in different seasons, improving both the exploration aspect of the game and single-player lifespan. And different music per season is just a bonus. They could also use this for new evolutions and maybe in battle too.

Actually! A tropical climate experiences a wet and a dry season! =D ...which I mostly just bring up out of disappointment that we didn't get wet and dry season deerling forms. Alolan deerling could've had a hibiscus on its head, darnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom