• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't find anything that stands out as a possible codename, but I'm super glad to see that Spyro Remastered is coming to Switch- my cousin's copy of the first Spyro was the first video game I ever played, when I was like, four, and I've been longing to play it again ever since- the PS3 port is almost unplayably bad, and I can only play it when I'm at my parents' house because the only console I have in my apartment is the Switch.

Anyway, I'm grateful that seeing that distracted me from the fact that there's virtually no way to know what the codename is from visiting his twitter- I'm just hoping that he actually does know something, and that we're gonna get some news soon. I'd love to have even the smallest amount of information to think about...

EDIT: He said the word 'Celebration' somewhere on there. Pokemon Celebration could be a nice temp name for a game?

Last edited:
I remember seeing that the codename is supposed to be the same as a fangame if I'm correct.

Probably already brought up before, but the Pokemon Go Kanto event ends on the same day Pixelpars countdown ends... And Pixelpar seems really confident in an announcement soon. Pixelpar also seems very reliable, I was looking through their timeline and they mention deleting some tweets because they cant confirm the validity of a certain game release...

About the Pokemon Titles, this is all I have got so far (from the tweets)

Pokemon Pencil and Pokemon Stylus
Pokemon Hope and Pokemon Uncertainty
Pokemon You and Pokemon I
Pokemon Is and Pokemon Isn't

Edit: But like people said, it is a code-name so it is probably one word

My bets are:

Pokemon next
Pokemon hope (Masuda hopes you will buy a switch lol)
Pokemon time / timeline
Pokemon you/I
Pokemon redo

Remember that the code name is one and not two

...You know, I'd forgive them for not starting with a new generation on the Switch if they made that Dream Game that's every region in one game, with some sort of level scaling mechanic in place to make late game training and going back to raise new Pokemon work well

anyway, unrelated to Pixelpar's codename hunt, I was trying to come up with paired names that feel like 'opposites' sort of, but which don't have one version that nobody would want (so nothing like 'nice' and 'mean'):
  • Pokemon Cirrus and Pokemon Nimbus
  • Pokemon Depths and Pokemon Heights
  • Pokemon Treble and Pokemon Bass
  • Pokemon Chartreuse and Pokemon Vermillion
  • Pokemon Violet and Pokemon Maize
(these aren't all very good, I was sort of running out of ideas towards the end, oops)

The bow on Lapras, bandages and glasses on Eevee, maybe the new mechanic is putting items on our Pokemon that are visible in and out of battle (including their battle items, would be nice to see them actually holding the item instead of it being a mystery, like what do they swallow the item? in game only though of course since not knowing the the battle item is part of the startegy)

wailord with glasses, please game freak

delete if not allowed
hot_skitty_on_wailord_action.jpg

Last edited:
All the DayXX tweets for reference:
Day 3. I've began reading through pencil and stylus reviews on Amazon.
Day 6. Now that Pokken DLC and Detective Pikachu are out of the way, I live in hope. Still undecided on pencil requirements.
Day 9. I've acquired a pencil and begun practising my drawing technic. Consider this one a freebie.
Day 10. You all seemed to like my post-it note drawing so much that I decided to redo it. I think it might look a little better now.
Day 11. This scribbling stuff is eevee peasy. Don't know what I was worried about.
Day 12. Remember not to get too obsessed. Take breaks, go do other stuff.
Day 16. We've now passed the half way mark and my palms are getting sweaty.
Day 17. The followers are getting angry.
Day 19. Spyro is not a Pokémon.
Day 21. You'll kick yourselves when I tell you.
Day 23. He didn't even look at my shorts.
Day 26. Getting my drawing skills up to scratch.
Day 27. The project codename for Pokémon Switch is hidden somewhere in my timeline. I'll confirm after the game reveal.

In 11 he mentions(even forces) Eevee.In 21 he says "You'll kick yourself when I tell you.".11/21 is Eeevee day/time.Fighting type eeveelution?But,this is about the codename so probably not haha.
Day 9 is interesting.He says this one's a freebie.Maybe it means that's where codename is hidden.Technique?Practise?...As in,practice for making Pokémon on the Switch?

It could be hidden somewhere else,he said "maybe you're looking in the wrong place" to someone saying he's trying to find something.

Last edited:
The bow on Lapras, bandages and glasses on Eevee, maybe the new mechanic is putting items on our Pokemon that are visible in and out of battle (including their battle items, would be nice to see them actually holding the item instead of it being a mystery, like what do they swallow the item? in game only though of course since not knowing the the battle item is part of the startegy)

Oh man, that's been one of my wishes for ages- it'd probably be limited to things that could be easily tacked on to any Pokemon, like bows, small hats, or glasses, but those alone would be SO GOOD- I would give all of my Pokemon bowties or sunglasses or little hats, no question

EDIT: I drew this back when they announced contests were returning for ORAS, and I was hoping that maybe we'd be allowed to dress Pokemon for them, sort of like the old Sinnoh contests

tumblr_n8mwh0mvZc1r0owmvo1_1280.png

I do think it could be possible (except not that scarf- wrapping stuff around necks gets hard when you get to things like Electrode, and when you take into account that they'd have to work for every single Pokemon in the game)- I always think of Spore's feature where you could tack clothing onto the 3D model of your alien. It was frustrating in that context, because when you're designing an advanced alien civilization, you kind of want to be able to design better outfits than just 'top hat', but since Pokemon skew way closer to 'pets' than 'civilizations', I would be completely content with that kind of thing as far as they go. They could also probably design a few special outfits that can only be worn by specific iconic Pokemon (like, it would only make sense to bring back the Pikachu costumes for Pikachu)

Last edited:
What if it's simply Pokemon Day?

- Pencil and stylus (something related to drawing in general, no new pokemon because we will be able to draw them by ourselves XD)
- Hope
- You and I
- Mark, Follow, Shorts, Scratch, Eevee.

Nothing else seems good for a codename.

Coming soon Pokémon Go for the Switch.

so if we consider every reigon is inspired from real world Kanto+Johto+Hoenn+Sinnoh from Japan ; Unova from USA ; Kalos from France ; Alola from Hawaii. FINALLY THANKS TO POKEMON GO FOR THE SWITCH ALL REAIGONS IN ONE GAME. Yes dreams do come true. Blessed

Guys I figured it out. Notice that I'll just use words from Pixelpar timeline. I don't know why we didn't get it before, it's so obvious:

Codename: Pokemon: Eevee'll kick Pikachu out of the way.

Isn't it already happening?

Has anyone thought that maybe the code name is (Pokemon switch)cause this is part of his timeline

Attachments

• 5A57E07F-4F37-48F0-9AE4-38711FE3FCF4.jpeg
    5A57E07F-4F37-48F0-9AE4-38711FE3FCF4.jpeg
    405.7 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom