• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what it could mean (if it even means anything)

was going to say beluga = whale = massive animal

thus it's probably because the switch game is understandably their biggest undertaking

but beluga whales aren't even that big as far as whales go, so. . . .

edit: apparently Lugia is loosely based on the beluga whale. Given M21 is staring Lugia + all of the kanto/johto speculation. . . .hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well I was not expecting that. Makes you wonder what a Beluga has to do with anything. Project Niji made sense with Alola being based on Hawaii and Hawaii having rainbows on stuff. Not sure what a Beluga whale would be.

Change too much, and people will get upset. It's best that they keep some things familiar.
I know there will be rebuttle on this, and while I agree with you to an extent, the movies are a good example of a reboot. To a degree.

I don't think GF would change everything. But there's nothing wrong with expecting that, if we are returning to Kanto and Johto, the regions themselves would have gone through an overhaul. It's been 22 years since we first set foot in Kanto, after all. It stand to reason that a lot would have changed in 20 years. TBH, I find it a tad ridiculous to believe that 20 years later, Surge would still be defending his Gym from new challengers. Using LT. Surge as an example, he was already in his late 20s-late 30s, or roundabouts that, and while it's not unheard of for gym leaders to be older and hold their position for years, I'd find it much more likely that the leaders from the Kanto region wouldn't want to do something else with their lives. Look at the leader and E4 shakeup just two years after Red and Blue.

Tl;dr, anything can happen, and change is possible and a good thing.

I know there will be rebuttle on this, and while I agree with you to an extent, the movies are a good example of a reboot. To a degree.

I don't think GF would change everything. But there's nothing wrong with expecting that, if we are returning to Kanto and Johto, the regions themselves would have gone through an overhaul. It's been 22 years since we first set foot in Kanto, after all. It stand to reason that a lot would have changed in 20 years. TBH, I find it a tad ridiculous to believe that 20 years later, Surge would still be defending his Gym from new challengers. Using LT. Surge as an example, he was already in his late 20s-late 30s, or roundabouts that, and while it's not unheard of for gym leaders to be older and hold their position for years, I'd find it much more likely that the leaders from the Kanto region wouldn't want to do something else with their lives. Look at the leader and E4 shakeup just two years after Red and Blue.

Tl;dr, anything can happen, and change is possible and a good thing.
When has that been confirmed? As far as I know, it has only been 10 years in universe since Red and Blue.

Belugas are also known as white whales, like the kind from Mobey Dick. Otherwise im not sure what this could relate to. Niji seemed to be related to quite alot about various aspects of gen 7 like hawaii, colored islands, prism legendary, etc. Curious to see how this relates

I thi
I wonder what it could mean (if it even means anything)

was going to say beluga = whale = massive animal

thus it's probably because the switch game is understandably their biggest undertaking

but beluga whales aren't even that big as far as whales go, so. . . .

edit: apparently Lugia is loosely based on the beluga whale. Given M21 is staring Lugia + all of the kanto/johto speculation. . . .hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think It may have to do with sounds , since white/beluga whales are known for their high pitched “Twitter”

So maybe the names are related to sound?

Also Beluga whales' natural habitat is the Arctic regions. Maybe a region based on Alaska or Canada?(although Pixelpar seems to be hinting at a return to Kanto...)

When has that been confirmed? As far as I know, it has only been 10 years in universe since Red and Blue.
Didn't Red and Blue says something about it at the Battle Tree?

Maybe I'm off on the timeframe, but my point still stands. Even in 10 years, a lot can change about a place.

one of the replies under that tweet mentions there's a famous beluga in japan that paints using a palette

all of kanto's towns are named after colors + pallet town

might be a stretch but I thought it was interesting
He mentioned palletes a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom