• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only reason I'm hungry for new pokemon/new generation so soon after S/M is because we've been getting less and less pokemon. It doesn't help that a large portion of S/M's dex was legendaries so the dex ended up feeling even smaller then X/Y's dex.

I'm hoping if the next generation features a small dex as well, not too much pokemon are revealed before release.

edit: and yeah both Volcanion and Genesect were revealed for the TCG the same year new generations launched.
I hope that the next generation doesn't release a ton of legendaries- legendary pokemon should not take up 1/8th of a generation's new pokemon.

....actually that fraction might be wrong, lemme go recalculate that.

I think it's just more of a case of a WW release throwing everything off.
In the past, the Japanese version of Pokemon games were filled with glitches that TPCI would fix when they bought it to the West but now that everyone is on the same page, that's harder to do.
I can understand that, but is it too much to ask for a button “report a bug” on the site? Hear some feedback?

I hope that the next generation doesn't release a ton of legendaries- legendary pokemon should not take up 1/8th of a generation's new pokemon.

Question: what if GF will never make gen 8? No new pokemon ever, we would have to live with Zeraora being the last for the rest of our lifes. XD

my secret biggest fear is that the next game introduces no new pokemon, except they patch in another mythical to star in M22 and we have yet another year of generation 7

some people like the idea of mythicals being unknown till the right time, but imo it's a dangerous tool gamefreak has now. Imagine if Zeraora wasn't datamined. With a design like his, people would be in full force on gen 8 hype right now

I was definitely wrong- it's 25/86, so well over 1/4th of the new pokemon were legendaries/mythicals/ultra beasts.

Question: what if GF will never make gen 8? No new pokemon ever, we would have to live with Zeraora being the last for the rest of our lifes. XD

I don't think anyone can express my thoughts better than this man-
giphy.gif

I don't know how many kids have watched more than 20 OS episodes, but it can't be that many. Besides, SM sticks to the same island for the most part.

Stygian said:
Imagine if Zeraora wasn't datamined. With a design like his, people would be in full force on gen 8 hype right now
Except it was stated to be an USUM mythical as soon as it was revealed.

When were Volcanion and Genesect announced for TCG?It was the same year as SM and XY iirc.
Feels like they're trying to get Zeraora out of the way fast.

I follow TCG.

Both Volcanion and Genesect were first released into the TCG in the second to last set of the generation (Volcanion being in Steam siege which was then followed by Evoulutions and then Genesect was in Plasma blast which was followed up by Legendary treasures).

Also with Zeraora now in TCG: Ever Gen 7 Pokemon has feature minus Blacephalon who should be in the upcoming Hoenn set seeming we know Stakataka is.

Gen 7 is now fully in.

Last edited:
wait really? that's actually awesome if true. Do you remember when/where he said this? He could've just been referring to Poipole/Nagandel
Well in the first weeks when “we discovered him” on twitter. But he was not referring to poipole: people said to him that poipole was really cool and they hope to see a grass Pokémon from him. And if I remember correctly he answered something like “well, it is really possible that your wish will become reality sooner than later” or something like that

Its not. The magazine article itself is a old one that was discussed in here ages ago, the article writer demonstrates he / she doesn't know whats happening and just says Gen 8 confirmed , despite using a old picture and info we already know, its very vaguely written as well. Poketubers are just finding out about it now lol

This is roughly what the full passage reads as.

"After a lifetime associated with portable consoles, the canonical Pokemon will take the leap to a table with its eighth generation. Game Freak and the pokemon company are rethinking the saga to surprise with new mechanics, either in 2018 or later"

It’s GF. Their second name is “LazyDesign”. Because they are lazy or unprepared. In USUM we still have many bugs like: character that can be stucked forever, totem with wrong battle cry, some totems that cannot enter the bank and others that can (because they blacklisted some by mistake), hack checks that are ... that are not hack checks.
Those are all bugs and errors, not actually design laziness. The people programming features aren't necessarily the ones creating the graphics or designing new Pokemon.

When you talk about hack checks, are you referring to hack checks that mistakenly identify legit Pokemon as hacked, or checks that miss hacked Pokemon? Checks that miss hacked Pokemon are a bit of a harsh standard IMO-data can always be manipulated, so it's pretty hard to have information that marks a Pokemon as real without it being possible for someone to recreate that data. And while I certainly understand the frustration about legit Pokemon being considered hacked, it's also more effort against hacking than has been taken in the past. It's got problems, but laziness isn't one of them.

The totem error is also a really easy mistake to make? The coding was likely copied over from SuMo, and they just forgot to switch the cry in the cutscene. It's like forgetting to turn the light off when you leave the house, or how you wrote "stucked" instead of "stuck" in your post. Small mistakes like that shouldn't label someone as lazy.
I can continue, have we seen a patch? Yes, one that fixed gamebreaking battle moves bug but not the other things. They are lazy. And USUM is the proof imo
For getting stuck in place and bans for hacks you didn't make, I agree that a patch should be worked on, but a patch for one sound effect in only one version in a scene that most people will have played past? And the issue with Totem Pokemon is in Pokemon Bank, not USUM. Fixing it will require an update to Bank-and one is likely already in the works for Gen 8. Totem Pokemon don't really need Bank right now-there's no games that they can't be traded to.

I'm still going to believe that there's no way they don't know what year they can get at this point. Someone was either misinformed or it's an outdated material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom