• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would mean that GF is getting rid of every single already existing Pokemon and starting fresh. I don't think that's gonna happen.
No it wouldn't. GF isn't going to undo 22 years of work and rid the franchise of 807 creatures. I don't see, and neither does literally ANYONE else, how you keep drawing this conclusion.

I don't think that they'll do that again. They would never have a large amount of new Pokemon again. Also, when BW did it, it was harshly criticized by fans to the point where they added in a ton of old Pokemon into BW2.
The lack of postgame content in Gen6 was heavily criticized by fans too. Gen7 didn't solve the problem though. GF is criticized for everything they do.
XY had few new Pokemon because it was the jump to 3D.
SM had few new Pokemon because it was rushed.

The lack of postgame content in Gen6 was heavily criticized by fans too. Gen7 didn't solve the problem though. GF is criticized for everything they do.
Pokemon XY had few new Pokemon because it was the jump to 3D.
They have claimed that the number of Pokemon is too high and they're trying to slow down on the amount of new Pokemon. This is why the National Pokedex is now in Bank instead of in game.

Serebii is continuing with his "not Gen 8?""what defines a new gen?" teasing in ResetEra.Does he really know something?

In the past, he would clarify that he was not basing his speculation on inside information. Not so recently.

It could be that he saw whatever Paul Ryan alluded to.

Those two seem like they're buddies, so I'm not surprised if Joe does know something.

So we get continuation of USUM or SM? Kanto or Sinnoh have sense at all cause the plot.

If the theory that they'll continue on from where the Rainbow Rocket cliffhanger left off comes true, then I'm thinking Kanto would make more sense. And maybe Sinnoh remakes right after, considering all the Sinnoh myths and legends references that were in Alola.

Holy shizah I just had a thought. You guys remember the Lapras screenshot and how the grid-like landscape looked? This is likely the biggest stretch in this thread, but what if they downgraded that part of the graphics so that they can try and squeeze in all 4 of the original Japan-based region in one game? And the rumored "changed battle system" is just a new way of leveling your Pokemon so that you don't get too over-leveled. Or... something.

joe DEFINITELY knows something, 100% sure about it.
he knew the leaked starters leak was real by TPC itself, they told him to not post the picture.

Pokémon Omega Ruby And Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Codename: Sango

Meaning: Sango means “Postpartum” in Japan. Postpartum means the time after birth. If X/Y is considered the birth of the 3DS Generation of Games, then Or/As can be considered the Postpartum. Also Or/As had a lot to do with “Primal things” and the “ancient of days”, early after Arceus birthed the world... The Postpartum of Pokemon, the rise of the land and the rise of the sea...

Since those codenames take inspiration mostly from animals, I believe the name "Sango" here makes more sense being just "coral". Or maybe it was supposed to be a pun. But definetly "coral" seems more in line with the others.

XY had few new Pokemon because it was the jump to 3D.
The reason they aren't doing big numbers of Pokémon anymore is because they aren't tying to hit a thousand mons anytime soon.
Also folks gotta stop using rushed as a way to critique a game for not having something they wanted in it.

The reason they aren't doing big numbers of Pokémon anymore is because they aren't tying to hit a thousand mons anytime soon.
Also folks gotta stop using rushed as a way to critique a game for not having something they wanted in it.
They probably want to save the 1000 for gen 9 because that will probably launch during the 25th anniversary
Gamefreak plans far ahead

A game could be in production for 5 years and there would still be people saying that the game was "rushed" because it didn't include ONE THING that people were hoping for.

I do have to aay though, if rhe next batch of Pokemon doesn't bring the total to 900 or more, this will be the first Gen to release a number of Pokemon that won't dip into the next hundred.

Gen 1 dipped into the second, gen 2 the third, third the fourth, fourth the fifth, fifth the sixth, sixth the seventh and seveneth has us over 800 now, pulling us into the 8th. If the 8th doesn't go over 900, this "pattern" would be broken.

A game could be in production for 5 years and there would still be people saying that the game was "rushed" because it didn't include ONE THING that people were hoping for.

I do have to aay though, if rhe next batch of Pokemon doesn't bring the total to 900 or more, this will be the first Gen to release a number of Pokemon that won't dip into the next hundred.

Gen 1 dipped into the second, gen 2 the third, third the fourth, fourth the fifth, fifth the sixth, sixth the seventh and seveneth has us over 800 now, pulling us into the 8th. If the 8th doesn't go over 900, this "pattern" would be broken.
Gen 2 had 251 Mons. It didnt reach the third Hundred. So no pattern there to break.

They have claimed that the number of Pokemon is too high and they're trying to slow down on the amount of new Pokemon. This is why the National Pokedex is now in Bank instead of in game.
I figured that was because it makes more sense to host a national collection there, considering how many pokemon there are and the fact that Bank works as storage between regions- so it's more "national" than a region's pokedex.

Anyway, they might be slowing down with new pokemon, but we're still getting 100+ new pokemon designs each gen, between new pokemon and new forms, so at least they're not just dropping the numbers there.

Okay Gen V has 155 pokemon because it was a soft reboot, there rumor from Chinese riddler that the next game is a reboot, if it was a soft reboot like BW, wouldn't the number of pokemon would be close to a thousand? Maybe the kanto reboot would make sense, so they'll save a lot of trouble of reaching to thousand pokemon.

The belugas in the Yokohama know how to paint, which is really impressive and cute. Remember that Yokohama is the basis of Vermilion, and that all Kanto cities are named after colors even in Japanese.

dCraw said:
Gen 2 had 251 Mons. It didnt reach the third Hundred. So no pattern there to break.
1-100 is the first hundred, so 201-300 is the third hundred. That said, XY and SM were only able to both reach a new hundred due to BW doing the heavy lifting.

Okay Gen V has 155 pokemon because it was a soft reboot, there rumor from Chinese riddler that the next game is a reboot, if it was a soft reboot like BW, wouldn't the number of pokemon would be close to a thousand? Maybe the kanto reboot would make sense, so they'll save a lot of trouble of reaching to thousand pokemon.
I think it really all depends on what a reboot means.
In Gen V, the artist had a hard time creating new mons with some like Basculin being made just to fill a quota.
I imagine that they never want to go through that again

1929D472-D388-4413-9E9F-3B6E2E61F1A7.jpeg
Here’s day 29 from pixelpar

Moderator edit: spoilering large image

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom