• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG.... hope that the Smash leak is fake, don't look forward seeing Decidueye again. Its in Pokken and should stay at Pokken. Incineroar should do Smash.
Decidueye fits in smash much as Incineroar do... and as my favorite pokemon I want it in smash so much, but they can put both mons in the game(and maybe some DLC with a gen 8 mon)

I feel like its more likely that, unless they're not starting Gen 8, a starter or important Pokemon from the next generation will be in Smash, since we never got any playable Pokemon from Gen 3 or Gen 5 in Smash- they seem to skip a generation each time around. That is the kind of pattern that doesn't disprove a possibility though- this is maybe the quickest a new Smash entry has followed a previous one (maybe? maybe it just seems like it because I'm older and time feels like its moving faster now, I'm too lazy to check for sure), I'm absolutely not trying to argue that that's a reason why nothing from Gen 7 could be playable.

I'd personally love to see Mimikyu in Smash, I think it could have a lot of potential for some cool attacks and mechanics (maybe it could take very little damage and be fairly heavy until it reaches a certain percentage, like 30 or 50, and then it gets light as hell and loses all its bulk? could be interesting)

Decidueye is more probable than Incineroar or Primarina.
Greninja is in Pokken but is also in Smash.

Def agreed, I believe rowlet is the most popular starter in Japan vis that recent poll and Decidueye is really popular in Japan with the cool factor, it’s popularity in pokken is really high too with Japanese players, so it easily has the most realistic chances for smash tbh. Mimikyu is another likely choice for another fighter given its immense popularity in Japan.

Honestly for smash Rex and Pyra have my vote for getting in over a Pokémon choice lol

Def agreed, I believe rowlet is the most popular starter in Japan vis that recent poll and Decidueye is really popular in Japan with the cool factor, it’s popularity in pokken is really high too with Japanese players, so it easily has the most realistic chances for smash tbh. Mimikyu is another likely choice for another fighter given its immense popularity in Japan.

Honestly for smash Rex and Pyra have my vote for getting in over a Pokémon choice lol
While Rowlet is the most popular starter, it's actually Primarina the most popular fully evolved starter and at 3rd place of the most popular gen 7 pokemon in Japan.

Well he never once said it was gonna as a fact so nothing really changes after the countdown ends. This really doesn't do much to his credibility, but I'm sure people will throw a fit not matter what.

He responded to someone asking him how he knew the codename if he didn't know the announcement. He clarified with the implication that he has insider information and was making an educated guess based on that. So it might hurt his credibility in the short term, but I don't think think it'll matter much in the end.

Well actually both Incineroar and Primarina are more popular than Decidueye in Japan. With the former even being the most used Gen 7 starter in USUM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom