• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wat? zeraora was kinda late reveal for the movie.
when we had new gen on the same year: mewtwo march 2013, magearna february 2016

I meant if there wasn't going to be a new generation this year, I figured they would've waited till later to reveal it

I meant if there wasn't going to be a new generation this year, I figured they would've waited till later to reveal it
the movie is coming out in 3 months, we only saw like 2 seconds of zeraora and still no info about the movie story..

It seems that a lot of folks at SPPf are pretty convinced that no game is coming this year, since they're assuming a new generation which clashes with the fact that by April we already had something about BW-SM (and their predecessors, for that matter).

The only thing I can agree on is that the lack of even a form in the movie is weird, but suffice to say that when the movie was planned "2018 or later" was something to be accounted for. So what is the movie supposed to advertise other than USUM and toys? Maybe, just maybe, the Johto Pokemon aren't arbitrary. It bothers me that few people have considered this after all the hoopla surrounding Lucario and Piplup last year.

And Eevee could be a starter even without a new Eeveelution. The latter would just make the other choices less relevant, anyway.

It seems that a lot of folks at SPPf are pretty convinced that no game is coming this year, since they're assuming a new generation which clashes with the fact that by April we already had something about BW-SM (and their predecessors, for that matter).

The only thing I can agree on is that the lack of even a form in the movie is weird, but suffice to say that when the movie was planned "2018 or later" was something to be accounted for. So what is the movie supposed to advertise other than USUM and toys? Maybe, just maybe, the Johto Pokemon aren't arbitrary. It bothers me that few people have considered this after all the hoopla surrounding Lucario and Piplup last year.

And Eevee could be a starter even without a new Eeveelution. The latter would just make the other choices less relevant, anyway.

I honestly stopped arguing over there as I find conversation on the subject very stubborn on both ends. I can understand being skeptical, but I find it ridiculous to be so starkly in one direction that you refuse to consider alternatives. That's what got us in trouble with things like no Pokémon Z, you can't be so inflexible that you can't see a different perspective on the matter.

I still think we are getting Kanto revisit for the Pokemon Switch this year. I just hope we do not get the return of the Z-moves as the gimmick. Bring back Mega Evolutions and Alola forms or even a new mechanic like Z-forms but not Z-moves, I did not like that mechanic a lot.

I honestly stopped arguing over there as I find conversation on the subject very stubborn on both ends. I can understand being skeptical, but I find it ridiculous to be so starkly in one direction that you refuse to consider alternatives. That's what got us in trouble with things like no Pokémon Z, you can't be so inflexible that you can't see a different perspective on the matter.
A certain person there also doubted that GS remakes would ever be a thing. Just saying.

that's kinda why I stopped frequenting that thread too. A lot of the discussion has been "there's no way gen 8 is releasing this year, gen 8 is obviously winter 2019, etc, etc"

I mean sure there's a possibility but I think end of 2019 is highly unlikely at this point

I agree. We have nothing to go off of, no one to trust, because absolutely nothing has been confirmed. We must keep open minds, because any number of these leaks could be true, or even none of them. As demonstrated in generation VII, any of Game Freak's own rules can be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom