• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Ishihara said: "Game Freak has began developing a core RPG Pokemon title on Nintendo Switch. It may not release for more than a year".
It's something I was thinking about in the last days...They never mentioned two titles, they have always spoken about a single title. I know this does not mean there'll be just one version for sure but they could have said "Game Freak has began developing two core RPG Pokemon titles on Nintendo Switch" but they didn't.
It really doesn't mean anything,you're looking too deep into it.

They won't remove dual versions. Dual versions both facilitate player interaction and boost sales. They would be foolish to drop this system.

Weren't we supposed to get something with the Ohta show today (the 22nd)?

I agree. This doesn't confirm anything. The two paired versions are referred to as one game.
This doesn't mean that we are getting 2 versions for sure either. Just that we don't know yet. I know what you think about it and why they will never get rid of them in your opinion...

So people are thinking this week for an announcement? If it is a Kanto revisit though I just can't see them being able to fill the rest of the year with the amount of hype and annonments that they have for previous games. So if it is Kanto E3 still makes more sense then anything else. Or at least closer to that time.

So people are thinking this week for an announcement? If it is a Kanto revisit though I just can't see them being able to fill the rest of the year with the amount of hype and annonments that they have for previous games. So if it is Kanto E3 still makes more sense then anything else. Or at least closer to that time.
ORAS were announced on May 7 and they didn't have a new system going for them.

I wouldn't mind some Evolutions/Prevolutions to pre-existing Pokémon families too, I know people will complain and question where they came from answer why we've never heard of them before…but I guess they could say; Alternate Dimensions?!

I'm sure they'll come up with something…but I honestly don't care for the how or why new Pokémon come to be, just that they…be?

Eugh, please no more alternate dimensions. XD I don't think we even need much of an explanation, just that they're newly discovered would pass along fine- we didn't really get good explanations of why Lickitung and Piloswine couldn't evolve before, or why pokemon weren't having Baby evos already. That's something they could probably either come up with a weak excuse or simply gloss over- like why the heck Alolan Raichu developed a Psychic-type from eating pancakes. >=/ Raichu, I ain't forgiving you for this nonsense, you know.

ORAS were announced on May 7 and they didn't have a new system going for them.

And they had a bunch of new Megas to announce during ORAS. I know some people think a Kanto revisit will have new forms and the like but I don't think that's likely. They might have new gym leaders and new areas at most. A Kanto revisit really doesn't offer that much in terms of new content to hype in the interim.

That's an arbitrary statement if I ever saw one. Anyway, we'll see in two days if there is an announcement.

Last edited:

you underestimate gamefreak's ability to needlessly stall out and torture their fanbase with trickling barely any information for the first bit of the pre-release : P

nah I do feel you, but to be fair if the games were Kanto, there could still be plenty new forms and what not that could carry the hype season

(US time)
Monday or Tuesday.The earnings release is late Wednesday,so the reveal has to be before then.Early in the morning is when those happen,so they can't announce it Wednesday at all.
Does anyone remember the times they usually get announced?
anywhere from
4:00 am pt - 9:00 am pt

USUM direct was announced at 7:02 AM pt
SM direct was announced 4:00 AM pt
XY direct was announced 6:00 AM pt

Last edited:
Nah, I don't believe in 2018 announcement anymore. Gamefreak is very lazy and we get the game in 2019... on ported 3DS engine with HD graphics and nothing more.
Getting tired of this gamefreak is lazy line. Gamefreak problem is their mindset not their work ethic, you try programming a game a year with 150-800 monsters different forms included updating every obscure move some don't even know about. They come out with a (mostly cough mega rayquaza) balanced game and always manage to get some spice into the games.

Their mind set is the only thing holding them back, like the evil teams and 8 gyms haven't changed in 20 years yeah they need to change story wise and make the region better and they need to stop focusing on the casuals, but as far as work ethic goes they put alot of effort into each game you can feel it because each region has its own feel.

This gamefreak is lazy line needs to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom