• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people assuming we have to get an announcement of the game reveal? It's possible they may just drop a reveal video for it similar to what they did for ORAS. Also I'm not sure it has to be in a direct. Sure traditionally announcements would be in an actual direct for this kind of thing, but it doesn't have to be. We could get as far as Thurs morning with nothing and then all of a sudden have a video uploaded to YouTube.

All that said I think maybe people should calm their expectations. We might not get anything and that's ok. In all honesty all we really should be expecting is a release date change. It might not be the exact date, but I fully expect the "2018 or later" to be changed to something a bit more focused.

Why are people assuming we have to get an announcement of the game reveal? It's possible they may just drop a reveal video for it similar to what they did for ORAS. Also I'm not sure it has to be in a direct. Sure traditionally announcements would be in an actual direct for this kind of thing, but it doesn't have to be. We could get as far as Thurs morning with nothing and then all of a sudden have a video uploaded to YouTube.

It’s just that Pokémon Switch is one of their most anticipated projects, and if they can announce something like a third/fourth version in a direct, its strange for a far more ambitious game to get a less grand reveal.

I'm anticipating just a mention of the game at the investors meeting itself and whether or not they change the "2018 or later" statement. I'm gonna have to disagree with Joe this time when he says to hear something about it at the meeting is "fundamental flawed". If it is coming out this year like he and several other big names seems to think, then his thinking on nothing being mentioned at the meeting is the one that's "flawed".

At the very least this week we will be getting a look at the updated release window of the game. If its 2018 or 2019. If its still 2018 or later id bet on that being a 2018 release

I just don't really appreciate Joe's (and a lot of other leakers') tone when it comes to fans and leaks- I wish there was a little less judgement being cast on fans for wanting and hoping for information, from people who have insider information that they're not allowed to share but who insist on dropping little hints here and there in order to let everyone know that they know something.

I don't hate Joe, but it becomes very easy to resent him when in one breath, he's heavily implying that he knows things that we don't, and in the next, he acts like people who are hoping for news are foolish. This, admittedly, might be projection on my part- I'm definitely in the camp of people who are hoping for some news this week. I know it might not come, I'm not gonna like, throw a fit or anything, but it does feel kind of belittling.

(I might just be irritable because I'm having bad luck on my shiny hunt- 1212 bidoofs and still no shiny...)

I just don't really appreciate Joe's (and a lot of other leakers') tone when it comes to fans and leaks- I wish there was a little less judgement being cast on fans for wanting and hoping for information, from people who have insider information that they're not allowed to share but who insist on dropping little hints here and there in order to let everyone know that they know something.

I don't hate Joe, but it becomes very easy to resent him when in one breath, he's heavily implying that he knows things that we don't, and in the next, he acts like people who are hoping for news are foolish. This, admittedly, might be projection on my part- I'm definitely in the camp of people who are hoping for some news this week. I know it might not come, I'm not gonna like, throw a fit or anything, but it does feel kind of belittling.

I don't believe Joe really knows all that much more than anyone else. It seems like people want him to know more than he does lol.
It's possible I guess, given his tenure with the franchise, that he'd be privy to things that others wouldn't, but that's not really the impression I get.

DZ7HvQcW4AMLDCz.jpg

To me, it would make the most sense if they put out a short teaser video in early May, like with ORAS, then heavily focus on gameplay at E3, with a detailed demo walkthrough, similar to BotW or SM depending on the game's scope. This way they could build up a lot of hype and curiosity in the weeks leading up to E3 without revealing too much right from the beginning. Then give a clear image of what to expect from the graphics, a bit of the region and some new Pokémon. If the game really is going to be released in 2018, they should be far enough into development that they can show as much gameplay as they want.

Large sites tend to get contacted by leakers if they want to leak, because they'd want to contact someone famous.

But whether the webmaster can tell if they are real or fake leakers... that's the problem.

I agree with the notion that people shouldn’t act like something has to be announcened. I’m hopeful for a reveal of some sorts this week but if it doesn’t happen this week, it’s happening before e3, or else it’s not coming this year.

I’d be inclined to think joe knew nothing until he heavily implied he at least knew vaguely what the next games were. If aDrive is being legit and actually has seen promotional material for the games hype cycle then a reveal is near. Of course, there’s always the possibility that what he saw was fake. Jonneh, the era mod that Joe is friends with, said today that he’s already dropped hints in the thread over there. It’s possible he’s where joe got his info from if he does indeed have info

The past 2 weeks have been different in the sense that there’s certainly a lot more “noise”? I guess. Whether or not this week is the week, it feels like we’re close to a reveal/tease

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom