• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we've already known about Cleffa and Pichu. They're likely juts tied to the old woman's past. As for Meowth we saw TR in the newest trailer so that's not shocking either. Finally for the unrevealed merch....idk what that is lol

XD ...oh crap, my bad- they're such a staple of the series, it's easy to forget they're there.

Was more surprised by how many times Pichu showed up, though, but it is like mini-Pikachu so I'm not that surprised, really.

These three are most likely the bird trio. I remember that Paul speculated about that when he saw separate figures for them.

The beast trio were confirmed in June for the last movie. They got cameos pretty much, but then so did Ho-Oh.

whatever he saw that he felt hinted towards kanto/johto we'll probably see over the summer

but by that point we should know what the games are ( I hope to god we do)

in some alternate timeline, we had a lugia form revealed mid march, an eeveelution confirmed a few weeks ago, and had a gen 8 reveal last week, and we're all awaiting the next trailer rn ;-;

I never thought id be content with just a logo drop for these games after they were already soft announced a year ago, but at this point I really just wanna have 100% confirmation on what the game is

That is one way to look at it. I mean other than titles this is really no different then 2016. We didn't get any real info on SM until May of that year anyway. So technically they could just give us the titles next month along with a trailer and they'd be more or less caught up. There's really not much to it. People are acting like no news happening up to this month is too weird if the game is coming this year, but in reality it's pretty par for the course compared to many other cases. In 2010 we got Zorua/Zoroark, but we didn't get a full game announced until April. And then again 2016 all we had was the titles. The only set of games in the last 8 years that were different were XY where we got titles, starters,and box legends in one trailer. In most other cases we haven't gotten news until April or May. So technically we could still get an announcement late next month and that would fit the mold pretty well. Sure you could say that in the cases I've pointed out we still had something before the actually reveal, but who's to say they aren't holding off this time? the game was technically already announced. We just don't know anything about it is all.

That is one way to look at it. I mean other than titles this is really no different then 2016. We didn't get any real info on SM until May of that year anyway. So technically they could just give us the titles next month along with a trailer and they'd be more or less caught up. There's really not much to it. People are acting like no news happening up to this month is too weird if the game is coming this year, but in reality it's pretty par for the course compared to many other cases. In 2010 we got Zorua/Zoroark, but we didn't get a full game announced until April. And then again 2016 all we had was the titles. The only set of games in the last 8 years that were different were XY where we got titles, starters,and box legends in one trailer. In most other cases we haven't gotten news until April or May. So technically we could still get an announcement late next month and that would fit the mold pretty well. Sure you could say that in the cases I've pointed out we still had something before the actually reveal, but who's to say they aren't holding off this time? the game was technically already announced. We just don't know anything about it is all.

You know what's really hilarious? Some of us had already argued this in the old thread, yet people still insisted that if we didn't hear something by March that surely meant it was gonna release in 2019 instead of 2018.

Yes :) :) I think, although Smash 5 is really huge for Nintendo, they would probably want to show it alongside it something fairly new and rather revolutionary in scope at e3!

That would be at least their best case scenario. This new Pokemon game would absolutely fulfill and probably surpass that want/need!

The later the reveal of the game, the more profoundly it will resonate with the local and worldwide e3 audiences!!

You know what's really hilarious? Some of us had already argued this in the old thread, yet people still insisted that if we didn't hear something by March that surely meant it was gonna release in 2019 instead of 2018.

To be fair that was also a valid argument at one time and still might be. Just as it's possible for us to get an announcement in May and still have the game released this year it's equally possible that the game is announced in May with it not coming out until Spring of 2019. The way I see it is this. They're either skipping the slow part of the year where there's not much news anyway. (Jan-Aprilish) or they pushed the entire prerelease period up by 3 or 4 months. If it's the latter then after June we'd get at least one month where they don't talk about the game much. That said I'm not sure I see that. If they announce next month or even in June they will sort of have to keep talking about it. Unlike with the earlier part of the year where they can have a couple of months off after the initial announcement, any time after June is a space that needs to be filled. Especially with the holidays coming up later in the year. Even if the game doesn't come until Spring 2019 they can still market it to get people buying Switch's during the holidays. No matter what mark my words we'll have an announcement before the end of June. We might even have it before the end of May, but we'll have to just wait and see. We're not far off from getting news that's for sure.

Yes :) :) I think, although Smash 5 is really huge for Nintendo, they would probably want to show it alongside it something fairly new and rather revolutionary in scope at e3!

That would be at least their best case scenario. This new Pokemon game would absolutely fulfill and probably surpass that want/need!

The later the reveal of the game, the more profoundly it will resonate with the local and worldwide e3 audiences!!
XD I don't think Pokemon Switch will be revolutionary... and probably not revealed at E3. I applaud your optimism, though.

Do you honestly know what's really exciting for me about this game? The fact that I'll get to play it on my television screen. I don't care if it's a Kanto revisit or a brand-new region, the fact that I'll be able to plug in the darn thing to my freaking television screen is exciting enough for me. It'll be like the days of playing Colosseum and XD, and I really liked those games.

I personally think this switch game is more of a “let’s get our franchise onto the switch quickly” title, then the next games will be the leap people have been hoping for/expecting

If the former is true, it’s still exciting stuff. I usually play my switch in bed and handheld + HD is just the comfiest thing ever

It's sad that we will be more likely enjoying Yokai on the switch before pokemon lol

Even that may take some time, from what I can find the 3rd Release isn't even in the West yet, and if Yokai-Watch for the Switch is the 4th Release that could take a while to get around to, if they even bother, though I imagine they will…eventually, as they're supposedly nearing the second anniversary of the games release without a peep about Localisations, and it's probably worth noting that the sales of the games didn't fair too well in the first place though some express hope the Anime's popularity would encourage them to get along with it, but from what I can find, in the USA Yokai-Watch as a franchise was a bomb and maybe even a dud one at that.

Even that may take some time, from what I can find the 3rd Release isn't even in the West yet, and if Yokai-Watch for the Switch is the 4th Release that could take a while to get around to, if they even bother, though I imagine they will…eventually, as they're supposedly nearing the second anniversary of the games release without a peep about Localisations, and it's probably worth noting that the sales of the games didn't fair too well in the first place though some express hope the Anime's popularity would encourage them to get along with it, but from what I can find, in the USA Yokai-Watch as a franchise was a bomb and maybe even a dud one at that.

I pridicted that, popular in Japan, a bomb in the us. It's just not a very engaging game. Yokai-Watch doesn't appeal to those of us in the us due to how passive the game play is.

Pokemon is still King for worldwide sales so GF can take their time and not worry about compitition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom