• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

View: https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/989111107859038209?s=19

Nice video.According to Serebii it's just a video that is shown at the Pokémon Center Tokyo DX. There are four variants, each focusing on Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle and Pikachu, the mascots of the Center.So it doesn't mean anything.

But didn't an user here have an idea for a Pokémon Switch trailer similar to this one?With Pikachu jumping around the systems and such?Was it @Desdar300?

Yup that was my idea and I still believe that it's the best possible idea for a trailer

If the switch game launches this year, we have no indication of it being “rushed”. We don’t even have concrete information on when it started development, or what the game even is. This “the game needs to come out in 2019 or else it’ll be rushed” mindset is really flawed

Realistically, the games development cannot have started before SUMO ended or was in it finalization stage, since the entire experienced team worked on it, so they cannot have started it until at least September 2016, but the early 2017 Game Development is much more likely, especially taking in mind that they also need a vacation because they aren't robots. The way they worded that a Switch Game was coming also might be an indication they started Game Development not long before.

You're still forgetting 2015 was a gap year and I don't think Game Freak sat down to enjoy the sunshine.

EDIT: Actually, XY started development a few months before Black and White release (September 2010) so we can assume every new generation game takes up to 3 years of development:

XY ⇒ 2010-2013
Sun and Moon ⇒ 2013-2016
Pokémon Switch ⇒ 2016-2018?

It is an easy assumption.

Who cares about the duration of the development cycle? As long as GF makes the best game they can and deliver a great new addition to the Pokémon series, it doesn't matter if it took them 2 or 3 years.

For some people actually matters because of their development history.

Diamond and Pearl were delayed and they still suffered from very slow game pace and a few other little issues.
XY is an optimization shitfest. Sun and Moon run in the same system as this one. Yikes.

I'm on the bright side of things, but can't blame people for having doubts. Game Freak doesn't really get along very well with new systems at first.

And what option do you have? If you're going to jab at Gamefreak, you're a part of the problem.

Every generation, there's always going to be something that people will comment about negatively, like Plubio did.

Gen 2 blah blah, Gen 3 blah blah, Gen 4 was delayed and was slow paced, Gen 5 had too much going on and wasn't original, Gen 6 blah blah, Gen 7 blah blah. Like really?

Can't people just be fucking happy with what they get? No offense but Gen 1 was not the best generation people, so don't expect each entry into the series to be fucking gold because it's not going to be.

This Ain't Final Fantasy. Not like I played any of those games.

Modern Final Fantasy games get a lot of flak despite their long development cycles.

Anyway, if Masuda and other members of the team spent 2016 ironing out ideas for the Switch games, and they haven't aimed for a graphical overhaul, then I think the games will be okay.

Last edited:
Can't people just be fucking happy with what they get? No offense but Gen 1 was not the best generation people, so don't expect each entry into the series to be fucking gold because it's not going to be.

I think you've missunderstood me.
I'm on the "I don't think the game being release this year means nothing to the quality of the game itself" side and, for the record, Diamond and Pearl are my favourite games in the series.

But being blind to obvious development issues doesn't do any good. You should be critical to things you actually like, there's nothing perfect. I love Diamond and Pearl but they have pacing and slow issues, and that's okay. I liked XY but the game itself suffers from a lack of better optimization. That's not an opinion, it is a fact.

Game Freak isn't a perfect developer. No developer is. Ignore issues is okay if you want, but that doesn't make them non existent.
However there's a big difference between understand the games issues and just trashing them for having them. That's completely out of the point.

And I am actually quite happy with what I have. But no Pokémon game is perfect in every single aspect.

Last edited:
In any measure, it doesn't look like they planned for 3 years either. If that was their goal, they should've released Magearna later, but they didn't.

Every generation, there's always going to be something that people will comment about negatively, like Plubio did.

Gen 2 blah blah, Gen 3 blah blah, Gen 4 was delayed and was slow paced, Gen 5 had too much going on and wasn't original, Gen 6 blah blah, Gen 7 blah blah. Like really?

This Ain't Final Fantasy. Not like I played any of those games.
I agree that people suggesting perfection from these games are only setting themselves up for disappointment. However, you could also argue that the reason there's always something to complain about is because they want to make the developers aware of their flaws in hopes that they'll improve.

I think you've missunderstood me.
I'm on the "I don't think the game being release this years means nothing to the quality of the game itself" side and, for the record, Diamond and Pearl are my favourite games in the series.

But being blind to obvious development issues doesn't do any good. You should be critical to things you actually like, there's nothing perfect. I love Diamond and Pearl but they have pacing and slow issues, and that's okay. I liked XY but the game itself suffers from a lack of better optimization. That's not an opinion, it is a fact.

Game Freak isn't a perfect developer. No developer is. Ignore issues it's okay if you want, but that doesn't make them non existance.
However there's a big difference bewteen understand the games issues and just trashing them for having them. That's completely out of the point.

And I am actually quite happy with what I have. But no Pokémon game is perfect in every single aspect.
I Didn't really mwan to call you out specifically, just use you as an example. Thanks for the explanation though. Haha

I agree with you.

I'd love Grass/Fairy, but I guessed Grass/Psychic because it seemed a little more plausible to me, I guess? I probably should have picked Grass/Dark, although that's been the go-to Fakemon Grass starter final type for what feels like years (which is why I chose something else)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom