• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing wrong with revealing the games even 9 months in advance; they're likely to be promoted just as much as a new generation would. Anyway, Daan's knowledge isn't necessarily up-to-date, and it's clear that Nintendo want the games out within this fiscal year.

Yes, but if they aren't sure about a 2018 release, they won't show anything. Thats the point right now. Daan might be talking out of his Ash, but even Joe didn't contradict him, which means its likely we won't get a game this year.

If a game doesn't come in 2018, they still have to tell their investors before the year is over if they are gonna make early 2019 because of the fiscal year, but even that is uncertain at this point because of 2018 and later.

GF is not gonna reveal titles at E3, since they want to showcase the game if it comes in 2018 at E3 (And if the game comes in November, they only have four months left to reveal stuff) and announce it before E3, which is very, very unlikely if they aren't sure, since they aren't sure its even possible they don't have content to show us at E3.

You need to realize that this is how it works.

if Daan is right and Nintendo is pressuring GF to get the game out this year, they will probably offer the resources to make it happen

We had USUM revealed at E3 (more or less) and it still came out in November, and that was with basically silence for the first month of the pre-release. We could get an info blowout in June and a steady stream of updates up until November-December.

Even if the games will be released next year (February/March/April) imo they will cover the games at this year E3 cause basically it's this E3 or no E3 at all...And they want to sell 20 milions switch so they need to hype people like 9 months before release if they want to make people buy the console before March 2019.

If it is going to be Gen 8 and not Kanto remakes, I've still got my money on a Spring 2019 release, hence the "2018 or later" date.

'Cause I dunno, I feel like if they are shooting for a 2018 release, we would at least have gotten the official title & starter reveals by now - even if some more detailed trailers are planned for E3.

I mean look at Pokémon Sun & Moon's timeline of leaks compared to USUM's. GameFreak gave us the starters and titles pretty early on and slowly trickled out information because they knew it was going to be a pretty major project to celebrate the 20th anniversary.

If it is going to be Gen 8 and not Kanto remakes, I've still got my money on a Spring 2019 release, hence the "2018 or later" date.

'Cause I dunno, I feel like if they are shooting for a 2018 release, we would at least have gotten the official title & starter reveals by now - even if some more detailed trailers are planned for E3.

I mean look at Pokémon Sun & Moon's timeline of leaks. GameFreak gave us the starters and titles pretty early on and slowly trickled out information because they knew it was going to be a pretty major project to celebrate the 20th anniversary.
That "pretty early" is February for the titles and May for the starters. So right now we just miss the titles cause if you don't count the direct in February, s/m big marketing campaign was 6 months long (May-November). It's not impossible to think that they decided for a May-December campaign this time with a big announcement in May instead of announcing the titles in February and then nothing for 3 months.

There is nothing wrong with revealing the games even 9 months in advance; they're likely to be promoted just as much as a new generation would. Anyway, Daan's knowledge isn't necessarily up-to-date, and it's clear that Nintendo want the games out within this fiscal year.
Seems like a lot of people from the Chinese community thinks that Daan is a trustworthy source.

How would you react if we get a gen 7 game with ultra warp holes -> different dimensions, so we get like 30 new mons, a new hd zone (not grid based like alola ... innovation with the new battle system) and entering a warp hole you get also kanto zone (tradition: grid based like the lapras photo with old battle system ) ?

I know that it would be a regression and I don’t want to go back to kanto or grid kanto too. This is why I asked you your personal thoughts if this will be the case

I know that it would be a regression and I don’t want to go back to kanto or grid kanto too. This is why I asked you your personal thoughts if this will be the case
Going back to kanto doesn't show the switches capabilites and would be quite boring, especially since they released kanto in 2016, and going back to grid based would be a downgrade

What do guys think about this?Seems like a pretty good point.
It is definitely not as cartoony as the SM concept art, and Pokejungle's sources claimed that it was from an internal demo. Either way, it could be from very early in the development.

SodiumChloride said:
especially since they released kanto in 2016
Oh please.

I agree. Also if they will really do that so half game in an hd region not gridbased and half region grid based on kanto... as a part of tradition vs innovation... this would be really a terrible and stupid concept and game design imho

yeah, while I think the lapras screenshot is real, I feel like it won't be super representative of what the final game will end up looking like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom