• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a possible solution to mix all the rumors. AND if this will be true, it would be really bad

Well guys, I'm at that point.
Nintendaan is never one to spout here-say and like Joe he has connections to Nintendo and is a really reliable guy ( Great mentor too)
On top of that the Riddiler and his boys are reposting that statement about what Dan stated and calling him trustworthy.
It all seems to be coming together

They did, with the VC
I understood what you meant. I just don't see how re-releasing old GB games means that they shouldn't overhaul the region nearly 3 years later, especially if sequels are involved. The re-release was a walk down memory lane, which young players couldn't even appreciate.

Seems like a lot of people from the Chinese community thinks that Daan is a trustworthy source.

Who is this Daan and what has he been saying? I seem to be out of the loop.

Well guys, I'm at that point.
Nintendaan is never one to spout here-say and like Joe he has connections to Nintendo and is a really reliable guy ( Great mentor too)
On top of that the Riddiler and his boys are reposting that statement about what Dan stated and calling him trustworthy.
It all seems to be coming together

Same thing with Nintendaan. What has he been saying?

I understood what you meant. I just don't see how re-releasing old GB games means that they shouldn't overhaul the region nearly 3 years later, especially if sequels are involved. The re-release was a walk down memory lane, which young players couldn't even appreciate.

Its not 3 years later actually

Kanto VC: 2016
Johto VC (Includes Kanto): 2017 and 2018 (Crystal).

We even got Kanto VC this year. Kanto remakes for the Switch will be a very, very dumb move on their part, since i doubt it will sell the Switch well, since i can't see many people wanting to revisit a region they already potentially have travelled 3-5 times the past 2 years and some people are tired of the Kanto pandering in gen 6 and 7, and a Kanto remake will only strenghten that feeling, which can also cause players to leave the franchise.

If young players (Their target audience)couldn't even appreciate the Kanto VC, how do you think they will react about a Kanto remake (Read my statement above), coming before gen 8. Starting the Switch with a Remake (Whatever region it is), is a dumb marketing move and might backfire for Nintendo and Gamefreak.

Imo, starting with a remake is the beginning of the end for the franchise, especially since its on a completely new system.

imo it makes sense. Kanto is safe, as most the younger players have never experienced it, while a lot of the older players and lapsed fans would be pleased due to nostalgia. Launching a remake first lets them test things, get experience on the switch, before diving into a new region/new pokemon, etc.

My biggest question is whether or not this will be a remake, or a sequel sorta thing. That's what will heavily affect my opinion towards the games.

Plus new gens sell more than remakes. So,If nintendo wamts to hit that 20 million, we most likesly getting gen 8. They should save kanto remakes for the 25th anniversary. An 8th gen wouldn't be as generic as people think. Just because its predictable, doesn't mean its a bad thing. They can make any change to the game when they want. Most people would rather have a new experience than the same game but with some areas changed

Who is this Daan and what has he been saying? I seem to be out of the loop.

Same thing with Nintendaan. What has he been saying?
Daan otherwise known as Nintendaan is a pretty bigwig in the Nintendo fandom much like Joe is in the Pokemon one.
He has connections all over Nintendo and gets to try out things before most people.
What makes this endearing is that Daan has never spouted rumors before so for him to make a claim like this is pretty big

Its not 3 years later actually

Kanto VC: 2016
Johto VC (Includes Kanto): 2017 and 2018 (Crystal).

We even got Kanto VC this year. Kanto remakes for the Switch will be a very, very dumb move on their part, since i doubt it will sell the Switch well, since i can't see many people wanting to revisit a region they already potentially have travelled 3-5 times the past 2 years and some people are tired of the Kanto pandering in gen 6 and 7, and a Kanto remake will only strenghten that feeling, which can also cause players to leave the franchise.

If young players (Their target audience)couldn't even appreciate the Kanto VC, how do you think they will react about a Kanto remake (Read my statement above), coming before gen 8. Starting the Switch with a Remake (Whatever region it is), is a dumb marketing move and might backfire for Nintendo and Gamefreak.
1. You're assuming that the games are remakes. NintenDaan clarified that it is not an accurate description.

2. Kanto was not the focus of the Johto games and it only added about 5 hours of gameplay. The Kanto starters weren't even obtainable and there was little to flesh out the experience except for Red.

3. Young players want modern games in terms of graphics and features. I don't see why they would be biased against Kanto, which they know through its Pokemon, but not directly. And since they actually like Generation I Pokemon as evidenced by the marketing, they shouldn't have a problem with their region.

Imo, starting with a remake is the beginning of the end for the franchise, especially since its on a completely new system.
In the worst case scenario, they will have to wait until 2020 for the kind of sales they're used to. Even that remains to be seen; I don't think that Nintendo's forecast is too optimistic.

I'm sure even kids would rather play a brand new game than a game they just played but with better graphics and different areas
Some of them may have played it, but most didn't. Over 1.5 million digital units is a fantastic figure for RGBY given their age, but it means that about 90% of SM players didn't download any VC game. And no, that doesn't mean that Kanto is the problem.

Some of them may have played it, but most didn't. Over 1.5 million digital units is a fantastic figure for RGBY given their age, but it means that about 90% of SM players didn't download any VC game. And no, that doesn't mean that Kanto is the problem.
Because most SM players probably already played through kanto and don't want to again

The overwhelming majority of kids have not played any Kanto game.

And just because a veteran player doesn't want to repurchase a 20-year old game they already have doesn't mean that they wouldn't buy a modern sequel or some kind of reimagining. I speak from experience.

I'm fairly sure that the VC games were only promoted via Directs and websites. They were meant for the hardcore fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom