• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard via someone who says they know someone at TPCi (which is very likely the case), that they are going to release it this year according to the person they know. It's no proof but it's what I have heard. This person is a trustworthy one, and I would be surprised if they made this up.

I heard via someone who says they know someone at TPCi (which is very likely the case), that they are going to release it this year according to the person they know. It's no proof but it's what I have heard. This person is a trustworthy one, and I would be surprised if they made this up.
I can also confirm, my uncle works at nintendo

Making a YouTube video on this rn.

I think Pokemon Switch will be a reimagining of Kanto as Breath of the Wild is a reimagining of the Zelda series. I'm not saying that Pokemon Switch will be open world but GF will revolutionize the series.
They made a remake to revolutionize the serie? So brave...
This is just the old story: it's GF, they don't revolutionize anything, they always play safe. So safe this time that they took a 22 years old game to create the 2nd remake of Kanto (4th if you add g/s and hg/ss).
Ohmori: "We are going to do our best to create a great game that answers those expections". What did they do? They took red and green and gave them to the graphics saying: "hey guys, make them look like a switch game"? Great job -.-'

I think that the best way to revolutionize the series (given that a lot of people are adverse to real-time battling) is capitalize on branching paths. Since even the original Kanto gave us leeway with the progression, it is not hard to imagine how that aspect could be fleshed out with a dynamic level curve and multiple story routes (probably with the same ending).

Whether or not they're even interested in that approach remains to be seen, but I am not going to assume the worst before anything has been revealed.

I think that the best way to revolutionize the series (given that a lot of people are adverse to real-time battling) is capitalize on branching paths. Since even the original Kanto gave us leeway with the progression, it is not hard to imagine how that aspect could be fleshed out with a dynamic level curve and multiple story routes (probably with the same ending).

Whether or not they're even interested in that approach remains to be seen, but I am not going to assume the worst before anything has been revealed.

Yes, Kanto with both new and reimagined, sometimes much larger, locations, with very smooth, well-tested gameplay that in whatever ways the game engine would make possible, rewards the players for trying different ideas, to a similar extent as Breath of the Wild and Oddysey, would be very special, that is for certain!

Finding Pokemon and items, as well as many aspects of battle gameplay, have been very rewarding from the first game, they have an incredibly strong foundation on which to continue to create, so whatever it ends up being, it will most likely be at its full potential!

I think Pokemon Switch will be a reimagining of Kanto as Breath of the Wild is a reimagining of the Zelda series. I'm not saying that Pokemon Switch will be open world but GF will revolutionize the series.
It's gonna be sun and moon graphics upscaled I bet

I want to see a completely new region. This region will be larger than any region ever seen in the main series before. It will take full advantage of being on a home console and the graphics will be much better than the 3DS titles. I want them to go all out and take advantage of the capabilities of the Switch.

Yes, Kanto with both new and reimagined, sometimes much larger, locations, with very smooth, well-tested gameplay that in whatever ways the game engine would make possible, rewards the players for trying different ideas, to a similar extent as Breath of the Wild and Oddysey, would be very special, that is for certain!

Finding Pokemon and items, as well as many aspects of battle gameplay, have been very rewarding from the first game, they have an incredibly strong foundation on which to continue to create, so whatever it ends up being, it will most likely be at its full potential!
Well from the leaked picture we can notice how everything is exactly where it was 22 years old. Every single rock in the same old position. That looks sooo 100% remake.

Are any of you chaps familiar with Rogersbase?
Well about two months ago Daan and Roger had a podcast were they talked in detail about Pokemon and some other games.
For a good chunk of the segment they entertained the idea of a Kanto sequel in great detail.
Fast forward to last week's Japan Podcast session and Roger states that he's going to Worlds.
> Shofu asks why?
> Roger responds that he can't tell him on air but will fill him in afterwards

Are any of you chaps familiar with Rogersbase?
Well about two months ago Daan and Roger had a podcast were they talked in detail about Pokemon and some other games.
For a good chunk of the segment they entertained the idea of a Kanto sequel in great detail.
Fast forward to last week's Japan Podcast session and Roger states that he's going to Worlds.
> Shofu asks why?
> Roger responds that he can't tell him on air but will fill him in afterwards
Interesting.Do you have links?

Hmmm this is interesting.

Pokejungle posting that Lapras pic, angering many insiders.

The Ubisoft guys hints

Dann getting support from other industry insider people and people who hold positions of power within the gaming community with credibility. His previous positions lending well.

Dann getting the full support of the Chinese community, these guys are the forefront of pokemon rumours and leaks, these make up the biggest names.

The heavy emphasis on Kanto merch and for the foreseeable future via Pokeshoppper.

The recent comments of Dann

Now rogersbase.

Things have really gotten interesting :D

there's also the eurogamer "kanto wait to see you" line from earlier. I know alot of people lost faith in them after the stars debacle, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

+ the followup article to stars mentioned the game having buddy pokemon. since it seems like we might have pokemon riding on our shoulders this time around + all of the walking pokemon animations from 7th gen, the buddy pokemon thing could end up being legit

@Desdar300 What about the podcast where they discussed sequels?

I don't know what to make of the Worlds tidbit. There should be a reveal there, but that is hardly a reason to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom