• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t help that GameFreak doesn’t take any different approach to the fighting type when it comes to starters. It’s some variation of kicking, punching (or both). Incineroar was an outlier with its personality (and dark type), but I'd prefer a unique design. Anyone seeing Incineroar at a first glance wouldn’t think: "Oh great! A unique heel wrestler!" Their first thought is much more likely to be: "Fighting/Wrestling Tiger".

I'll gladly accept another fighting type if it’s a different take on fighting type and quadruped. A great example is the swords of justice, which are all quadruped and non-humanoid fighting types.
But knowing GameFreak, its very unlikely.
I wished and wished for an alternate Incineroar form which was quadruped and used whip-like flames to fight (like Mienshao's arms).

We've seen what GameFreak can do with Fire/Fighting for 10+ years, and it doesn’t give me much hope about any future Fire/Fighting Type. So the simplest option is to just stay away from that theme and type.

How about a quadruped Fire/Fighting Pokémon whose ears double as palms/fists to grab things and fight? I mean, If Aipom and Ambipom can have palms for tails, I can't see why there couldn't be a Pokémon with fists for ears.

So we learned a few days ago, that there had been plans for a second evolution of pikachu called gorochu to appear in the first games, which i would actually like to see. If gamefreak added that for a potential reboot, correct me if i‘m wrong, wouldn‘t pikachu be the first pokemon to have 4 stages pichu>pikachu>raichu>gorochu

I always wished there would be a 4th stage for some pokemon or that at least the last stage should come not so early, especially for starters, because you often reach the last stage of your pokemon pretty early in the game and then go through with them till end and post game, so there aren‘t any suprises or changes in your team anymore, unless you swap your pokemon with other ones. I don‘t know but i always found that part a bit boring and a part of me always craved for another last form, not counting mega evolutions here. So what do you think would you like a 4th stage for some pokemon too, maybe some examples who would definitely deserve one, and should gamefreak go this route with next games, at least with starters?

I've got a different idea for the scrapped guy: what if the reason Gorochu was mentioned was because they were going to recycle it as the ancestor of Pikachu and its clones as the next Mythical Pokémon? I think it would fit given the possible Kanto revisit. Plus, all those damn Electric rats are too similar to not have a common ancestor introduced at some point! Bonus points if it was previously hunted by the surviving Zeraora.

Last edited:
I'm against making an actual Gorochu which evolves from Raichu- since Raichu gets enough flak and is ignored as it is. Being relegated to a mid-stage Pokemon will make it even worse. And I doubt they'd make a four stage line.
Raichu doesn’t deserve such a fate :(

I could see Raichu getting a Gorochu-inspired Mega evolution though. But I doubt GameFreak wants to provide an even stronger alternative to Pikachu...

How about a quadraped Fire/Fighting Pokémon whose ears double as palms/fists to grab things and fight? I mean, If Aipom and AMbipom can have palms for tails, I can't see why there couldn't be a Pokémon with fists for ears.

It could be executed well enough, but personally it has a high potential to be a hit-and-miss with me since Diggersby with a similar motif is not one of the better designs imo.

Gorochu as a mythical could be pretty cool, but it would feel a little reductive right after Zeraora. Then again, they're probably going to need two mythicals.
I don't quite see how it would be redundant besides both being Electric-type and Mythical. Remember, at least according to the website, Zeraora can't produce its own electricity; it needs to channel existing electricity through it. On the other hand, Gorochu would most likely already have the ability to produce electricity on its own, perhaps to godlike levels. Who's to say Zeraora's electric-channeling abilities wasn't an adaptation in response to its desire to hunt down Gorochu? Of course, this would lead to Gorochu producing several new species (the Pikaclones, with the Pikachu line being the closest to it in terms of sheer power). However, Game Freak could always make Gorochu a regular legendary if they feel two Electric-type Mythicals in a row is too much.

Alternatively, if Game Freak doesn't just scrap Ultra Beasts like they do with every other concept they introduce after one generation, they could reintroduce Gorochu as an Ultra Beast Pikaclone. Personally, I'd prefer Game Freak to go the Mythical/Legendary angle. I'm honestly surprised that Game Freak hasn't attempted to make a Pikaclone something other than a random wild Pokémon.

I don't quite see how it would be redundant besides both being Electric-type and Mythical. Remember, at least according to the website, Zeraora can't produce its own electricity; it needs to channel existing electricity through it. On the other hand, Gorochu would most likely already have the ability to produce electricity on its own, perhaps to godlike levels. Who's to say Zeraora's electric-channeling abilities wasn't an adaptation in response to its desire to hunt down Gorochu? Of course, this would lead to Gorochu producing several new species (the Pikaclones, with the Pikachu line being the closest to it in terms of sheer power). However, Game Freak could always make Gorochu a regular legendary if they feel two Electric-type Mythicals in a row is too much.

Alternatively, if Game Freak doesn't just scrap Ultra Beasts like they do with every other concept they introduce after one generation, they could reintroduce Gorochu as an Ultra Beast Pikaclone. Personally, I'd prefer Game Freak to go the Mythical/Legendary angle. I'm honestly surprised that Game Freak hasn't attempted to make a Pikaclone something other than a random wild Pokémon.
I really like this idea, not as an ultra beast, but as a mhytical one, would really put some depth and a lore behind the pikachu-family pokemon, it could also lead to a pretty interesting story part in the anime or even used in a full lenght movie.

So to the point of an eventual reboot and as we are getting slowly to the point, where we just have too many pokes to count. Should there also be a restart with the monsters, so that they scrap most or maybe all of the old ones and do a full reboot with new ones and kanto as a region. I would find it funny if Gamefreak started a poll, which pokemon to keep alive xD
I‘m also one of the those who are actually sick of revisiting Kanto, but if they did a reboot there, there should be some drastic changes at least at some points, so that we older fans don‘t get the feeling to pay for the same thing again just with prettier graphics. Nonetheless what Gamefreak does the games will still be fun, i don‘t doubt that, but i can certainly see it having that dull feeling when you end the game.

Every pokemon is somebody’s favorite pokemon.

No one benefits from the removal of any of them.
I know i don‘t expect that ever to happen, that‘s why the idea of the poll is funny to me, the fandom would rage xD

I don't quite see how it would be redundant besides both being Electric-type and Mythical.
If they give it a secondary type like Fairy, it should be fine.

I doubt there would be any connection to Zeraora, which is likely to be forgotten by next year.

If they give it a secondary type like Fairy, it should be fine.
It it has horns and fangs I think it should be Electric/Dark. It could be the conterpart to a hypothetical Mega Alolan raichu which Is electric psychic

Edit: I like this art but I think they should make it a bit thinner. I really like the theme
DcMUB8wVAAAj9Nf

Last edited:
I am not a fan of that design, but I wouldn't mind it if the Pikachu family had to rebel against their evil ancestor.

Fatchu is adorable.

I really like this idea, not as an ultra beast, but as a mhytical one, would really put some depth and a lore behind the pikachu-family pokemon, it could also lead to a pretty interesting story part in the anime or even used in a full lenght movie.

So to the point of an eventual reboot and as we are getting slowly to the point, where we just have too many pokes to count. Should there also be a restart with the monsters, so that they scrap most or maybe all of the old ones and do a full reboot with new ones and kanto as a region. I would find it funny if Gamefreak started a poll, which pokemon to keep alive xD
I‘m also one of the those who are actually sick of revisiting Kanto, but if they did a reboot there, there should be some drastic changes at least at some points, so that we older fans don‘t get the feeling to pay for the same thing again just with prettier graphics. Nonetheless what Gamefreak does the games will still be fun, i don‘t doubt that, but i can certainly see it having that dull feeling when you end the game.
I don't think that any Pokemon will be removed entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom