• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asking for any Pokemon to be removed from the series is just like asking main series Pokemon games to suddenly become a platforming game, it's just not happening. It would be way too much work to begin with and also being left with the result of turning people away from Pokemon. Removing Pokemon from the games will never happen.

gorochu_artwork_by_emdy93-dcalr9v.jpg

It it has horns and fangs I think it should be Electric/Dark. It could be the conterpart to a hypothetical Mega Alolan raichu which Is electric psychic
Funnily enough, the first thing that came to mind when I heard about Gorochu's description was an Electric/Dark type combination.It definitely gives off that Oni vibe to me.

Also, on the topic of Gorochu being a Mythical or Legendary Pokémon, I think Game Freak should partially incorporate a mix of the tropes "Lightning Can Do Anything" and "Green Lanturn Ring" as a way to poke fun at the amount of Deus ex Machina moments the Pikachu family has pulled over the years in most external media (primarily the Anime).

Obviously,

Pichu wouldn't have existed if we would have gotten Gorucho, since then Pikachu would have been the first stage with Raichu being the middle one, so it would have been a 3-way evolution line anyways. And i am glad they removed Gorucho, since it would have gotten the same hate Jynx got in gen 1, since with those horns and the colours, it looks a bit like how the devil is depicted in drawings.

Funnily enough, the first thing that came to mind when I heard about Gorochu's description was an Electric/Dark type combination.It definitely gives off that Oni vibe to me.

Also, on the topic of Gorochu being a Mythical or Legendary Pokémon, I think Game Freak should partially incorporate a mix of the tropes "Lightning Can Do Anything" and "Green Lanturn Ring" as a way to poke fun at the amount of Deus ex Machina moments the Pikachu family has pulled over the years in most external media (primarily the Anime).
They can make it like how diancie is to carbink but with raichu instead of carbink

At first I didn't pay any attention to this, but then I seen Luigi's backpack:

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/pixelpar/status/991993634554867712

The link in his post leads to information about Luigi's Mansion, but what's with the Pokeball-themed backpack?

The post is just referencing about Grezzo doing the Luigi's Mansion game. Grezzo did a lot of the work to bring Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask to the 3ds using old assets and worked with Nintendo extensively to bring a lot of previous ports to their systems. Luigi is wearing the Poltergust 3000, its not pokemon related. It's possible at best with a stretch its also relating to the Grezzo news + Pokemon news in the month of may but thats very unlikely.

Obviously,

Pichu wouldn't have existed if we would have gotten Gorucho, since then Pikachu would have been the first stage with Raichu being the middle one, so it would have been a 3-way evolution line anyways. And i am glad they removed Gorucho, since it would have gotten the same hate Jynx got in gen 1, since with those horns and the colours, it looks a bit like how the devil is depicted in drawings.
You are suggesting Jynx to be removed just because some Americans (a very vocal minority) hate it?
Even when Jynx ranked 243th out of 720 in the official popularity poll in Japan?

No existing Pokemon needs to be removed because every Pokemon had fans, apart from Simisear who got 0 votes.
But to be fair, if those monkeys are 1 Pokemon but different forms, like Oricorio, they would have been way more popular.

Also, it's Gorochu, not Goruchu.
And the horns and fangs are supposed to be from Oni, or Raijin, which aren't unpopular in Japan.
It's not inspired from the devil, so it doesn't need to be dark type.

However, if it was inspired by Oni, then it is likely to be a villain in the anime.

Last edited:
You are suggesting Jynx to be removed just because some Americans (a very vocal minority) hate it?
Even when Jynx ranked 243th out of 720 in the official popularity poll in Japan?

No existing Pokemon needs to be removed because every Pokemon had fans, apart from Simisear who got 0 votes.
But to be fair, if those monkeys are 1 Pokemon but different forms, like Oricorio, they would have been way more popular.

Also, it's Gorochu, not Goruchu.
And the horns and fangs are supposed to be from Oni, or Raijin, which aren't unpopular in Japan.
It's not inspired from the devil, so it doesn't need to be dark type.

However, if it was inspired by Oni, then it is likely to be a villain in the anime.
I don't think that Gorochu means anything. It's a scrapped Pokemon and that's all that it will ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom